Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

That leather def looks good as the center piece. Absolutely perfect. This tank has always been so bright and happy looking, and it is the main tank that made me decide I won't have a black background on my next tank. I just hope the upkeep won't change my mind. How often do you clean your back glass? Once every two days or so?

• Like 3

Gosh, your Fiji is doing great!! Well, just like everything else :) Mine is doing "okay" - I'm not getting the poofiness like you are or the polyp extension. I think I have it in too much light so I've been trying to find a good spot for it. Hopefully I've found it and it will come around.

• Like 1

It's true though LOL. I got a good report on them last night. Things are moving along as they should LOL. I'll get him back on Monday.

I always feel guilty for getting off-topic so to make up for it I grabbed a bunch of photos yesterday :).

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-25%20at%204.08.3

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-25%20at%204.11.4

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-25%20at%204.08.1

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-25%20at%204.11.1

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-25%20at%204.12.0

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-25%20at%204.10.5

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-25%20at%204.09.4

almost out of room =P.

• Like 2

Gosh, your Fiji is doing great!! Well, just like everything else :) Mine is doing "okay" - I'm not getting the poofiness like you are or the polyp extension. I think I have it in too much light so I've been trying to find a good spot for it. Hopefully I've found it and it will come around.

Mine wasn't super puffy for the first couple days, but I found it a spot it likes and now mines doing well. I'm with you on thinking maybe a bit lower light would be better, although I don't think they need to be too low light. More like moderate lighting. Mines got good PE lately, so I'm sure yours will once it gets settled and you find it a spot that it likes. Oh and keep in mine that leathers like flow since they shed and stuff like gorgs.

That green leather really looks like its grown lately! Looking good! I think you're in way worse shape than even I am on the being out of room front though! :lol: I love that this tank is stuffed full. Minimalism is over rated. I'm really feeling the super grown together lush tanks right now.

• Like 2

You left the perfect amount of space for everything to grow in and it looks perfect. I think I'll have to add some leathers for my rfa tank down the line.

• Like 1

That leather def looks good as the center piece. Absolutely perfect. This tank has always been so bright and happy looking, and it is the main tank that made me decide I won't have a black background on my next tank. I just hope the upkeep won't change my mind. How often do you clean your back glass? Once every two days or so?

The white background has been easier to maintain for me. I scrape it once a week and I could definitely go longer if I wanted to. But I do weekly maintenance so I just do it when I'm working in the tank. I don't think you'd regret going white :).

Could still be adjusting to your tank. I have mine in pretty high light. I read that you want high lighting for it to maintain the yellow shade. Yours will come around :).

Mine wasn't super puffy for the first couple days, but I found it a spot it likes and now mines doing well. I'm with you on thinking maybe a bit lower light would be better, although I don't think they need to be too low light. More like moderate lighting. Mines got good PE lately, so I'm sure yours will once it gets settled and you find it a spot that it likes. Oh and keep in mine that leathers like flow since they shed and stuff like gorgs.

That green leather really looks like its grown lately! Looking good! I think you're in way worse shape than even I am on the being out of room front though! :lol: I love that this tank is stuffed full. Minimalism is over rated. I'm really feeling the super grown together lush tanks right now.

Everything has taken off lately..it's crazy. But I'm not complaining. I WANT lush and full so I'm happy :).

Here's a FTS for Rick...plus a few more:

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-27%20at%203.19.2

Toadstool is opening up more and more. I think Ben was right :)

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-27%20at%203.16.4

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-27%20at%203.16.1

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-27%20at%203.17.3

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-27%20at%203.16.2

• Like 17

You left the perfect amount of space for everything to grow in and it looks perfect. I think I'll have to add some leathers for my rfa tank down the line.

I tried to do that....leave space. I always try with every tank :). I could have left even more room but I just needed that one "last" coral LOL.

You should definitely add some leathers. They are great...even if they shed sometimes and close up and look eh at that time :lol:. My finger leather is doing that right now. If it's not one, it's the other LOL.

• Like 2

The white background has been easier to maintain for me. I scrape it once a week and I could definitely go longer if I wanted to. But I do weekly maintenance so I just do it when I'm working in the tank. I don't think you'd regret going white :).

Could still be adjusting to your tank. I have mine in pretty high light. I read that you want high lighting for it to maintain the yellow shade. Yours will come around :).

Everything has taken off lately..it's crazy. But I'm not complaining. I WANT lush and full so I'm happy :).

I love how Pinky is peeking out in this one :wub:

Everything looks great! That leather is just beautiful.

• Like 1

I love how Pinky is peeking out in this one :wub:

Everything looks great! That leather is just beautiful.

Pinky the peeking fish :lol:.

And thank you :flower:.

Keep coming back to this thread. So much growth and such a beautiful tank. Keep it up

Thanks, Rick :happy:.
  • Like 2

I still just love how soothing and peaceful your tank looks Gena. Those last pics are very nice and I never get tired of looking at your tank. After all, who doesn't love big, happy fluffy coral? Ha ha, you could call it ' My Big Fat Greek Fish tank! Sorry, that just came to me and I am pretty sure that you are not Greek so maybe that does not work, but it does speak to the over the top fluffiness of your coral!

• Like 2

I still just love how soothing and peaceful your tank looks Gena. Those last pics are very nice and I never get tired of looking at your tank. After all, who doesn't love big, happy fluffy coral? Ha ha, you could call it ' My Big Fat Greek Fish tank! Sorry, that just came to me and I am pretty sure that you are not Greek so maybe that does not work, but it does speak to the over the top fluffiness of your coral!

Thank you, Dawn :happy:.

I'm not Greek but that doesn't mean my fish tank can't be :lol:.

• Like 2

the fox coral is so majestic looking

That's a great way to describe it :). I turned the flow up for the leathers and it's not quite AS fluffy as it was. Which isn't a bad thing considering my space restriction LOL.

How are the baby geckos coming along? New pics!!!

They are doing wonderfully :wub:. They spend all day sleeping in their foliage and only come out to walk around at night. Not great for photos. But in another couple of weeks I'll start handling them and then I can get some daytime photos :).
  • Like 2

I took some pictures today for the leather lovers thread and grabbed some extras for my thread :).

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-06%20at%2011.32.

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-06%20at%2011.32.

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-06%20at%2011.52.

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-06%20at%2011.51.

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-06%20at%2011.44.

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-06%20at%2011.33.

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-06%20at%2011.43.

:wub: looks great Gena,so....lush! That fits nicely. I wanna take a nap in the pillowyness
  • Like 2

:wub: looks great Gena,so....lush! That fits nicely. I wanna take a nap in the pillowyness

Heehee...me too sometimes. I haven't been neglecting my tank but I feel like I have been neglecting my thread. Just other more important things going on now ;). But I still love my reef. The other day my husband said maybe I should just have one hobby. Suggesting I nix the saltwater LOL. I said NO WAY! I love it too much. And it's actually less time consuming than my other hobby :).
  • Like 3

Heehee...me too sometimes. I haven't been neglecting my tank but I feel like I have been neglecting my thread. Just other more important things going on now ;). But I still love my reef. The other day my husband said maybe I should just have one hobby. Suggesting I nix the saltwater LOL. I said NO WAY! I love it too much. And it's actually less time consuming than my other hobby :).

I agree,once the tank is settled and on a good husbandry schedule it's not much to do in the way of maintenance on these smaller tanks.

Whereas my chameleon will need this that and the other daily :P

• Like 1

Nice photos Gena. Tank looks great.

Are leathers hard to keep? Thinking about getting one when I set up my new tank.

David

• Like 1
Nano sapiens

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-27%20at%203.19.2

Toadstool is opening up more and more. I think Ben was right :)

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-27%20at%203.16.4

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-27%20at%203.17.3

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-27%20at%203.16.2

Looking nicely pastel'n'puffy :)

• Like 2

Taking a tank away from you would be a major part of Gena gone, that wouldn't do. I just couldn't get the hang of it taking pics under the Maxspect. Yours are just so pretty. I hope I do well with the quad when I get it.

• Like 2

Everything looks wonderful. Your pictures are so crips and clear and you have wonderful subjects to take pictures of. The tank is a master piece!

• Like 1