SaltCritters.com

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

I wish I could make a video like that. The only video camera I have is my phone, and it makes everything BLUE BLUE BLUE. I may try putting my light into photo mode and testing it. Right now all you'd see is a few corals and possibly Benny the blenny chasing pods.

I use my phone too. Turn off flash completely for pics and video. It'll work better.

That is hands down the best Fox coral I have ever seen. So full and happy. Everything looks perfect, Really! The video was very good too. I love seeing people pictures and then they post a video. It adds so much to how the tank looks to see movement and flow.

• Like 2

I use my phone too. Turn off flash completely for pics and video. It'll work better.

Just took one. After uploading I realized it would have been smart to turn off other lights in my apartment. I'll add it to my thread anyway haha.

• Like 2

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement about the video :flower:.

There's a couple places you can lose resolution. First you have to have the resolution set as high as possible on the camera. Does yours do 1080p? You might be losing resolution at downloading onto your computer, but when I do that from my phone there isn't an option to download lower resolution or anything. Unless you see some setting, I assume its going to download the full resolution video from the camera. I think maybe the issue is after you edit the video and add on the music. What program do you use? When you export the final file, there is usually a setting about resolution and compression and such. I always pick 720p when I export because 1080p takes way too long, but 720 is faster and looks pretty good.

I'll check into the 1080p. I'm sure it has it. I don't do any editing of the video. I just take it off the camera, put it on my desktop, and put it on youtube. The music is just playing in the background, nothing I added. When my husband makes my videos they are very clear. I'm not sure what he does but I know he spends more time on them than I do LOL. Thanks for the tips :).

I'm trying to decide what I would get next if I order. Which ones are your favorites? I want to finish filling in the SPS area (since I've decided not really to bother with SPS besides the slimer). That's the only place with space right now. I'm thinking maybe a yellow Devil's hand leather or a colt coral or maybe a white kenya tree...not sure though.

The colts are really nice looking! I'd get one of those. I'm not sure I have a favorite leather. I like them all so much!

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-10%20at%203.36.5

Gena!! Frag that Gorg and meet me in DTLA on Saturday! :)

I'll frag it, but you need to come to Burbank :flower:.
  • Like 4

Gena,

Do you have a background on your tank or is that the wall behind it?

David

It has a background on it. I spray painted it with white paint :).

How's the new tank??????

• Like 1

It is scheduled to arrive on April 20. Starting to get excited about it! I read Lawn's 170 thread everyday.

My son is not into it yet. But I think he will be when it shows up.

Been researching skimmers and lights etc. I bought a Sicce return pump and already have two Ecotech MP10s.

• Like 2
rickztahone

I'll frag it, but you need to come to Burbank :flower:.

Gena, had no idea you were so close! I am in Pacoima myself. Lovely tank you have. I am in the planning stages of my 22g and yours has served as a great inspiration so far.

• Like 1

It is scheduled to arrive on April 20. Starting to get excited about it! I read Lawn's 170 thread everyday.

My son is not into it yet. But I think he will be when it shows up.

Been researching skimmers and lights etc. I bought a Sicce return pump and already have two Ecotech MP10s.

Wow! Quite the wait!!!! I hope you have better luck getting your son into the hobby than me LOL. Oh well, maybe someday he'll get bit ;). There's a really good chance of it.

Gena, had no idea you were so close! I am in Pacoima myself. Lovely tank you have. I am in the planning stages of my 22g and yours has served as a great inspiration so far.

Nice! We should do some trading at some point :). Which LFS is your favorite?
  • Like 2

Wow! Quite the wait!!!! I hope you have better luck getting your son into the hobby than me LOL. Oh well, maybe someday he'll get bit ;). There's a really good chance of it. Nice! We should do some trading at some point :). Which LFS is your favorite?

I am OK with the wait. Gives me time to save, research and rearrange the room for the tank.

My son is sort of in to the hobby. He really likes the fish but is indifferent about corals. He understands more about the tank than my wife though and is a real help when I travel.

Can't show him Felicia's predator tank. He would be all over that!

• Like 1
rickztahone

Wow! Quite the wait!!!! I hope you have better luck getting your son into the hobby than me LOL. Oh well, maybe someday he'll get bit ;). There's a really good chance of it.

Nice! We should do some trading at some point :). Which LFS is your favorite?

I really like Rainbow for their frag selection. Just recently, Pet Supreme on Foothill just redid their whole SW side of the store. They got in some really nice frags for what I consider to be reasonable prices. They seemed to have some really nice clowns when I visited as well. This is my closest LFS so it is good to know they are trying to improve their store.

What is your favorite LFS? I am always looking for new ones. Unfortunately with discus, LFS were always out of the question. Not sure if that same principal is also applied with SW, but I hope it isn't and that healthy stock can be had locally. However, I love the idea of fellow hobbyist swaps. Doesn't happen with discus either, lol.

• Like 1

I really like Rainbow for their frag selection. Just recently, Pet Supreme on Foothill just redid their whole SW side of the store. They got in some really nice frags for what I consider to be reasonable prices. They seemed to have some really nice clowns when I visited as well. This is my closest LFS so it is good to know they are trying to improve their store.

What is your favorite LFS? I am always looking for new ones. Unfortunately with discus, LFS were always out of the question. Not sure if that same principal is also applied with SW, but I hope it isn't and that healthy stock can be had locally. However, I love the idea of fellow hobbyist swaps. Doesn't happen with discus either, lol.

I haven't been to either of those. I'll have to check them out sometime. I don't really have a favorite as none are really that great. The people are great but the stock is hit or miss. I actually do most of my purchasing online. But when I do shop locally I go to Scales 'n Tails (burbank) or Mark's Tropical Fish (studio city). Vivid Aquariums (canoga park) is worth the drive...even if only to window shop :).

• Like 1

Your leather is beautiful G and I really liked your video. How are the vice zoas doing?

Thanks :). I don't have the vice anymore . They kept sprouting algae and nothing I did could get rid of the algae. Eventually I had to pitch them. It was a sad day.

Thanks :). I don't have the vice anymore . They kept sprouting algae and nothing I did could get rid of the algae. Eventually I had to pitch them. It was a sad day.

:(
rickztahone

I haven't been to either of those. I'll have to check them out sometime. I don't really have a favorite as none are really that great. The people are great but the stock is hit or miss. I actually do most of my purchasing online. But when I do shop locally I go to Scales 'n Tails (burbank) or Mark's Tropical Fish (studio city). Vivid Aquariums (canoga park) is worth the drive...even if only to window shop :).

Thanks for that info. Actually, now that I think about it, the LFS in La Cañada is awesome. It is called SPS Coral store:

When I set my tank up it will only house RBTA, Hammer and/or Torch/Frogspawn

• Like 1

Meant to ask you, are you watching TWD still? Tonight's episode was pretty great with being centered around basically all female characters.

• Like 3

Thanks for that info. Actually, now that I think about it, the LFS in La Cañada is awesome. It is called SPS Coral store:

When I set my tank up it will only house RBTA, Hammer and/or Torch/Frogspawn

Sounds great :).

Meant to ask you, are you watching TWD still? Tonight's episode was pretty great with being centered around basically all female characters.

Yep...I still am watching. It's what I do when I'm folding clean clothes on Sunday night LOL. I enjoyed that episode a lot :).
  • Like 2

Yep...I still am watching. It's what I do when I'm folding clean clothes on Sunday night LOL. I enjoyed that episode a lot :).

Me too! that has to be one of my favorite episodes.

• Like 1

Glad I'm not the only one still watching! Some of the episodes lately haven't really thrilled me that much...maybe its just that the show has been going on for so long, but the one this past Sunday was actually really enjoyable.

• Like 2

Glad I'm not the only one still watching! Some of the episodes lately haven't really thrilled me that much...maybe its just that the show has been going on for so long, but the one this past Sunday was actually really enjoyable.

I think the last few new ones have been fantastic. Definitely kept my attention :).

I have a few pictures. Nothing new and water change is tomorrow. You can see my back glass is still clean. I'm telling you guys...white backgrounds are super easy to maintain :).

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-15%20at%204.26.2

peek-a-boo :)

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-15%20at%204.27.1

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-15%20at%204.26.5

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-15%20at%204.27.4

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-15%20at%204.26.4

and last but not least...my new business logo :happydance:. That's my super dalmation male there. Isn't he gorgeous????? Can't wait to get some kids that look like him!!!!

Cheery%20Cherry%20Gecko%20copy_zpsjafihz

• Like 13