ReefCleaners.org

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

Gena,

Yes, picked it up this week. Skimmer arrived yesterday. Going to start putting things together tonight.

I am even going to start a tank thread!

David

Let me know when you do it :happydance:.

Incredible Gena, every tank ends up looking perfect for the type of tank it is.

Thanks, Mark :flower:.

I have my eye on a leather at my LFS :lol:. I was in there on Friday and looked at it and looked and looked and considered and walked away and then came back and looked some more and considered again LOL. If it's still there next time I go in, I'll probably get it. It's just the perfect small size and can grow into my tank :).

• Like 3

Let me know when you do it :happydance:.

Thanks, Mark :flower:.

I have my eye on a leather at my LFS :lol:. I was in there on Friday and looked at it and looked and looked and considered and walked away and then came back and looked some more and considered again LOL. If it's still there next time I go in, I'll probably get it. It's just the perfect small size and can grow into my tank :).

I assembled the stand and skimmer over the weekend. Also water tested the tank and sump.

Was going to move the tank and start the plumbing but my wife hurt her knee. Hopefully we can do later this week.

My son is campaigning for an eel so "We can creep mom out!".

David

• Like 1

I assembled the stand and skimmer over the weekend. Also water tested the tank and sump.

Was going to move the tank and start the plumbing but my wife hurt her knee. Hopefully we can do later this week.

My son is campaigning for an eel so "We can creep mom out!".

David

Oh geez!!!! Don't do that to mom LOL. I understand the being creeped out by eels. Something about them is just so scary. I'd probably have nightmares if I had one of those in my tank :lol:.

I'm really looking forward to seeing your setup :).

• Like 2

Oh geez!!!! Don't do that to mom LOL. I understand the being creeped out by eels. Something about them is just so scary. I'd probably have nightmares if I had one of those in my tank :lol:.

I'm really looking forward to seeing your setup :).

I am not so concerned about mom as I am about the eel chomping on dad's hands while he is cleaning the tank!?!

Everyone tells that eels can get big too.

• Like 1

I am not so concerned about mom as I am about the eel chomping on dad's hands while he is cleaning the tank!?!

Everyone tells that eels can get big too.

Is it set up?

I ended up replacing my kenya tree last week with a toadstool :). Except I have no idea what this toadstool looks like LOL. It was closed up at my LFS and it's STILL closed :rolleyes:. Patiently waiting for it to settle in so I can take some pics. I wasn't really happy with the kenya tree in my tank. It was constantly getting sucked up into the filter and the lighting wasn't right for it either where it was.

I did some rearranging. The blasto rock is now where the kenya tree was. The new toadstool is where the blastos were and I also got a colony of green/pink mushrooms. They are next to the new toadstool. I realized I have no mushrooms in my tank and anyone who really knows me knows how much I adore mushrooms. My tank absolutely needed some mushrooms. I'll have photos when the new toadstool decides to open :happy:.

In the meantime...keeping busy with my crested geckos. I now have 6 eggs :happydance:. Had to buy another cabinet/shelf system to hold my future babies :).

• Like 8
FlowerMama

Can't wait to see your green/pink mushrooms- don't know that I've seen that combo. it is nice to get back to your roots with what you love. 6 eggs, what a jackpot! Is that from one mama or two mamas?

• Like 1

Is it set up?

I ended up replacing my kenya tree last week with a toadstool :). Except I have no idea what this toadstool looks like LOL. It was closed up at my LFS and it's STILL closed :rolleyes:. Patiently waiting for it to settle in so I can take some pics. I wasn't really happy with the kenya tree in my tank. It was constantly getting sucked up into the filter and the lighting wasn't right for it either where it was.

I did some rearranging. The blasto rock is now where the kenya tree was. The new toadstool is where the blastos were and I also got a colony of green/pink mushrooms. They are next to the new toadstool. I realized I have no mushrooms in my tank and anyone who really knows me knows how much I adore mushrooms. My tank absolutely needed some mushrooms. I'll have photos when the new toadstool decides to open :happy:.

In the meantime...keeping busy with my crested geckos. I now have 6 eggs :happydance:. Had to buy another cabinet/shelf system to hold my future babies :).

Wow 6 eggs? That is amazing! :lol: Can't wait to see the little hatchlings!

• Like 2

Everything is assembled and water tested. I have all the equipment.Need to buy more sand and work on my aqua scape.

Hope to finish next weekend. This past weekend was really busy.

I might have to "pick your brain" about a few things. Suppose I could ask Dr. Svedlund too.

• Like 2

Is it set up?I ended up replacing my kenya tree last week with a toadstool :). Except I have no idea what this toadstool looks like LOL. It was closed up at my LFS and it's STILL closed :rolleyes:. Patiently waiting for it to settle in so I can take some pics. I wasn't really happy with the kenya tree in my tank. It was constantly getting sucked up into the filter and the lighting wasn't right for it either where it was.I did some rearranging. The blasto rock is now where the kenya tree was. The new toadstool is where the blastos were and I also got a colony of green/pink mushrooms. They are next to the new toadstool. I realized I have no mushrooms in my tank and anyone who really knows me knows how much I adore mushrooms. My tank absolutely needed some mushrooms. I'll have photos when the new toadstool decides to open :happy:.In the meantime...keeping busy with my crested geckos. I now have 6 eggs :happydance:. Had to buy another cabinet/shelf system to hold my future babies :).

I will be anxious to see those mushrooms! I haven't visited your thread for awhile so I am looking forward to seeing your tank since it is one of my favorites!

• Like 2

Can't wait to see your green/pink mushrooms- don't know that I've seen that combo. it is nice to get back to your roots with what you love. 6 eggs, what a jackpot! Is that from one mama or two mamas?

They are actually a common mushroom but they have sort of a pink/green hue to them. They look like poop without proper lighting LOL. But I adore them. And they are BIG. Not like an elephant ear mushroom but they are a good size :).

The eggs come from 2 mamas :). They lay them every 30 days. So I have 4 from one and another girl just laid 2 for me :happydance:. I haven't checked in on my other two girls this morning yet fingerscrossed.

Wow 6 eggs? That is amazing! :lol: Can't wait to see the little hatchlings!

I could have potentially 44 eggs by the end of the season :o.

Middle of next month I should have some hatchlings :happydance:.

Everything is assembled and water tested. I have all the equipment.Need to buy more sand and work on my aqua scape.

Hope to finish next weekend. This past weekend was really busy.

I might have to "pick your brain" about a few things. Suppose I could ask Dr. Svedlund too.

Awesome! Good luck with the aquascaping. Never my favorite thing to do. Most times I drop rocks in and leave them where they landed LOL.

I will be anxious to see those mushrooms! I haven't visited your thread for awhile so I am looking forward to seeing your tank since it is one of my favorites!

Thank you :flower:. I think my new mushrooms are like your mushrooms that I love so much in your tank. I'll have to look again but from what I'm remembering they are very similar. Size and color :).

edit: just looked and color wise they are very similar but mine are smooth where yours look to be "bumpy" :).

• Like 4

The eggs come from 2 mamas :). They lay them every 30 days. So I have 4 from one and another girl just laid 2 for me :happydance:. I haven't checked in on my other two girls this morning yet fingerscrossed.

I could have potentially 44 eggs by the end of the season :o.

Middle of next month I should have some hatchlings :happydance:.

44 eggs! :o You'll be swimming in them soon! :) Next month isn't too long to wait at all. I love seeing the pictures you've posted on Facebook! :wub:

• Like 1
reefernanoman

It kinda felt that way :flower:.

Tooks some pics of the tank just now :)

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-24%20at%202.29.0

I love how spikey this toad is!

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-24%20at%202.28.4

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-24%20at%202.26.2

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-24%20at%202.28.0

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-24%20at%202.27.2

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-24%20at%202.28.3

The pastel garden is looking nice.

• Like 4

44 eggs! :o You'll be swimming in them soon! :) Next month isn't too long to wait at all. I love seeing the pictures you've posted on Facebook! :wub:

Except I'll never have 44 at one time. Well, never say never LOL. That would be a lot of work though :D. I'm glad you enjoy the pics on FB :flower:.

The pastel garden is looking nice.

Thank you very much :). Maybe today I can get some new photos up!
  • Like 2
reefernanoman

Except I'll never have 44 at one time. Well, never say never LOL. That would be a lot of work though :D. I'm glad you enjoy the pics on FB :flower:. Thank you very much :). Maybe today I can get some new photos up!

Cool! I love coral pics! If it was up to me, that's all I would do on my days off. Just watch beautiful tanks in here and the pics.

• Like 1

Cool! I love coral pics! If it was up to me, that's all I would do on my days off. Just watch beautiful tanks in here and the pics.

My new toadstool was open the most yet yesterday. I've been waiting on it to get photos for the new month. Hopefully today is the day :).

beautiful tank... love the color combos

Thank you Bunster :).

What an exciting adventure with all these babies!!! How are you ever going to say good bye?? good luck.

It is!!! Having to sell them will be so hard. It's going to be so difficult not to hoard them all :lol:.

Getting photos of the tank is on my to-do list today. Hopefully I'll get around to it...I have a long list :D.

• Like 5

New photos for the weekend :happydance:

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-13%20at%204.27.1

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-13%20at%204.26.4

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-13%20at%204.26.0

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-13%20at%204.27.3

And finally the FTS. You can see my new plain and unassuming toadstool on the left. It needs to grow!!!!!! And my new mushrooms as well :).

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-13%20at%204.24.5

The toadstool is opening more each day. Unfortunately the gorgonian is shedding again. I should get some good pics next week. Hope everyone has a great weekend :happydance:.

• Like 8

It looks great (as usual)! I like the new mushrooms, too.

I wish I knew how to frag my green blasto merlettis without tearing the whole scape apart to get them out, their neon green color would go great in this tank :D

I'm thinking more and more about doing a small tank upgrade to the 10g, so maybe I can do it then!

• Like 1

I still love that plate and the green sinularia complementing each other, along w/ the trumpets in the back.

Thanks! There are also some green trumpets on the right to balance out the splash of green throughout the tank. They are hidden by the turquoise though. I'll have to prop them up :).

It looks great (as usual)! I like the new mushrooms, too.

I wish I knew how to frag my green blasto merlettis without tearing the whole scape apart to get them out, their neon green color would go great in this tank :D

I'm thinking more and more about doing a small tank upgrade to the 10g, so maybe I can do it then!

Thank you!!!!

I guess a dremel would be the tool of choice for something like that? I'll be interested to learn how you do it!!!!!

• Like 1

Although my tank is "Smaller", 1 day I hope to achieve the same beauty I see in all the Threads and other member's tanks.

I really like the Corals and how you have them.

TY for the updates B):wub:

• Like 1

I guess a dremel would be the tool of choice for something like that? I'll be interested to learn how you do it!!!!!

I've got a diamond wheel on my dremel, so I'd just use that to cut it up. The real problem is getting the rock it's attached to out of the tank, because it's the very bottom rock of the whole pile :o

• Like 1

Although my tank is "Smaller", 1 day I hope to achieve the same beauty I see in all the Threads and other member's tanks.

I really like the Corals and how you have them.

TY for the updates B):wub:

Thank you :flower:. Mine's just a 20 gallon long so not that big. It's actually the perfect size IMO :). Not too big and not too small.

Looking beautiful, Gena! Loved the video with Pinky!

Thanks, Stella!!!!

I've got a diamond wheel on my dremel, so I'd just use that to cut it up. The real problem is getting the rock it's attached to out of the tank, because it's the very bottom rock of the whole pile :o

yeah, that would be an issue. Luckily my blastos are on a rock that is sitting on the sand with nothing above it. My hesitation is just cutting into it :scarry:.

Everything was open nicely yesterday....but I didn't get a chance to take photos. Hopefully today :).

• Like 1