Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

FlowerMama

Oh good, hard not to buy at least a couple things for your new tank! Part of this hobby is surely the excitement of getting new things!

• Like 2

Glad you snatched up those blastos, Gena. I was considering taking them, but I just don't have space. Glad they're going into your tank so I can still enjoy seeing photos of them! They'll fit right in with your pastel theme!

• Like 1

So I made some purchases for this tank LOL. I couldn't resist Zia's sale thread. I'm getting some blastos :wub:. He's so generous too. Can't wait to see them in my tank!!!!!

I couldn't resist either. I have no idea where I'm going to put everything :D

I couldn't resist either! And now ninja's leaky tank is tempting me to snag his nice pieces. I feel like such a vulture!!!

• Like 5

I couldn't resist either. I have no idea where I'm going to put everything :D

Me three! I ordered some of his gorgs, one of his toadstools and a bunch of other stuff. I'm super excited! Just not sure where to put it until I get the 12L finally up and going :)

• Like 2

I'm pretty excited about these blastos. I'm going to stick them on rocks so sand doesn't bother them. I think sand is the death of them. I sat in front of my tank this morning looking for the perfect spot for them and I think I found it :).

Glad I'm not the only one that made some purchases. I'm in good company!!!!! :D

• Like 5
Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Are you back in the hobby or just visiting? :)

Just visiting for now but I think I will get a new tank as a Christmas present to myself!

• Like 2

Just visiting for now but I think I will get a new tank as a Christmas present to myself!

That's awesome! :)

I discovered yesterday that my Smart ATO has a crack on the wet side :wacko:. Geeze, for the amount of money the thing cost me you'd think it'd be better made. I contacted the company and they are sending out a replacement today. I'm glad my ATO is in a visible spot or I may not have noticed it.

Here's where I'll be putting the Black Heart Blastos from Zia. On the open rock to the right of my zoas. Hopefully they'll fit in there well :).

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-09%20at%2012.18.

Kenya!

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-09%20at%2012.17.

These two are getting into EVERYTHING now :lol:. The older they get the worse it gets I suppose. Wrestling AGAIN lol.

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-09%20at%2012.29.

• Like 11

So sorry about your Auto Top Off. I have never owned one. I am the auto top off!

Your blastos will look wonderful there! Everything looks so good in your tank. I can see you put a lot of work and planning into it. Very well scaped and put together. Reef Art!

BOY! Your kitties have grown! All lanky like teens now! I bet they can be a handful. But still so sweet and inocent looking. :)

• Like 1
natalia_la_loca

I love that you have a kenya tree :wub: I think they are so underrated, they're one of my favorite corals in my big tank. I use a pair of long tweezers to remove budding branches and keep it from spreading all over the tank. Instant nutrient export.

• Like 2

So sorry about your Auto Top Off. I have never owned one. I am the auto top off!

Your blastos will look wonderful there! Everything looks so good in your tank. I can see you put a lot of work and planning into it. Very well scaped and put together. Reef Art!

BOY! Your kitties have grown! All lanky like teens now! I bet they can be a handful. But still so sweet and inocent looking. :)

It's a great ATO, I do love it. Hopefully the new one won't have that issue!

I hope they fit in that spot! Not sure exactly how big they are but for now, the plan is to put them there. And thank you! I do a lot of planning in my head before I start but usually my rockscape just happens. I don't put much effort into my rocks at all. Coral placement....I do make plans for.

They are definitely teens now lol. They don't sleep quite as much and they are way more rambunctious. Today I had the ATO box sitting on the step stool next to me. Nicky didn't know it was there and he jumped up there. It freaked him out and he lept onto my bare leg and dug in....OUCH! I have a big band-aid and lots of scratches now. I couldn't get mad though :).

I love that you have a kenya tree :wub: I think they are so underrated, they're one of my favorite corals in my big tank. I use a pair of long tweezers to remove budding branches and keep it from spreading all over the tank. Instant nutrient export.

I will always love the kenya tree. People who hate it are crazy :wacko::lol:. I plan to do the same with the little branches that fall off :).
  • Like 3

I discovered yesterday that my Smart ATO has a crack on the wet side :wacko:. Geeze, for the amount of money the thing cost me you'd think it'd be better made. I contacted the company and they are sending out a replacement today. I'm glad my ATO is in a visible spot or I may not have noticed it.

It's a great ATO, I do love it. Hopefully the new one won't have that issue!

Ugh, someone had posted a week or so ago that their wetside had exploded and rusted. Was hoping it was a fluke. I like mine too, I even have two of them! (One in use for a year, the other 1.5 yr.) But, I do clean the wet side monthly and haven't seen any cracks.

On an unrelated note, I really look forward to seeing Zia's black heart Blastos in your tank!

• Like 1

Wow, the kittens are almost cats!

Thank You Gena! I actually just put a couple drops in my Bare Bottom Tank. Can't find Karat and either the red star or coral banded got her, just in case of any little spike in ammonia or anything.

20150709_193156_zpsy3fnohkf.jpg

• Like 2

And sorry to hear about your ATO. Blasted things. Does no one make anything with quality anymore? I bought one to try for my 34 and the sensor turned on then off the first day. But I've had my issues with the Tunze too, having to get a new pump. You think when we pay $150- 200 that it'd work for some time. :angry:

Ugh, someone had posted a week or so ago that their wetside had exploded and rusted. Was hoping it was a fluke. I like mine too, I even have two of them! (One in use for a year, the other 1.5 yr.) But, I do clean the wet side monthly and haven't seen any cracks.

On an unrelated note, I really look forward to seeing Zia's black heart Blastos in your tank!

I clean mine occasionally. Luckily I can just turn the cracked side up out of the water while I wait for the replacement. It's my favorite ATO that I've had so this is disappointing. Hopefully the new one will not have the same issue :).

Do you think 2 nano box tides would be good for a 30"x18"x18" mixed reef?

I think it would work but there may be a cheaper alternative. I'd get in contact with Dave :).

Wow, the kittens are almost cats!

Thank You Gena! I actually just put a couple drops in my Bare Bottom Tank. Can't find Karat and either the red star or coral banded got her, just in case of any little spike in ammonia or anything.

Awesome! I hope it works well for you! That's a bummer about Karat. You've had her for so long. Kinda like my losing the green clown goby. I miss my little friend :(.

Love the video of your tank! Looks so beautiful to see it in motion with all the water movement. Very nice!

Thank you so much :flower:. That's the first video I've posted of the new tank! I'll do them periodically as it grows.

And sorry to hear about your ATO. Blasted things. Does no one make anything with quality anymore? I bought one to try for my 34 and the sensor turned on then off the first day. But I've had my issues with the Tunze too, having to get a new pump. You think when we pay $150- 200 that it'd work for some time. :angry:

At least the company was responsive. I had to provide proof of purchase and my address and that's all it took. All done within 24 hours of my contacting them :).
  • Like 1
Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I think it would work but there may be a cheaper alternative. I'd get in contact with Dave :).

Thanks!
  • Like 1

I have heard many bad things about that Ato setup. Hopefully they take care of you. Looking good btw ;)

Thank you :). I haven't had any issue until now so hopefully that's the extent of it. I really love this ATO otherwise.

I made a video today. Could be a sharper image but I'll try to improve that next time :).

Great video! The colors all work so well together with the flow :wub: I've been asked to make some videos of my 4g tank but I'm not very good at it yet. You did a nice job :bowdown:

• Like 1

Did you take a picture of the crack? I'm really happy with my Smart ATO, but still very leery about leaving something up to a machine to do! I have a smaller-than-1-gallon container that I still have to fill up every/every other day, but I'd rather do that than risk an over fill!

Can you explain the nutrient export of the Kenya tree briefly? Do all softies help with this or just a few? Maybe removing all my Xenia caused my biocube issues if it was exporting bad nutrients?

• Like 2