Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

I have been tempted to show our outdoor cat my reef, but her hair would be everywhere and most likely end up in the tank and clog the works.

• Like 1

I have been tempted to show our outdoor cat my reef, but her hair would be everywhere and most likely end up in the tank and clog the works.

I think I actually prefer them not to have interest in the tank. Makes me nervous when I watch them looking for a way to get on top of the tank. I don't think they can do it though because the razor light fixture is in their way.

Great news...my grube's gorgonian is finally poking out some polyps and my rocks are looking less hairy. Today is a water change day and I plan to test the alk/ca/mg before I do the w/c. I haven't tested anything on this tank since I set it up.

• Like 5
thecoralbeauty

Thank you very much :). They are really starting to notice it now! I can see their little brains working on a solution to capturing the fish inside the box lol.

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-30%20at%205.54.1

Awe.... so cute!! Mine make me nervous sometimes too. and the hair definitely gets in the tank, which is not cool.

• Like 2

Awe.... so cute!! Mine make me nervous sometimes too. and the hair definitely gets in the tank, which is not cool.

I have a LID on a biocube and I still get cat hair in my tank!

• Like 3

They are really starting to notice it now! I can see their little brains working on a solution to capturing the fish inside the box lol.

Shoulda gotten the smart one! ;)

• Like 3

I think I actually prefer them not to have interest in the tank. Makes me nervous when I watch them looking for a way to get on top of the tank. I don't think they can do it though because the razor light fixture is in their way.

Great news...my grube's gorgonian is finally poking out some polyps and my rocks are looking less hairy. Today is a water change day and I plan to test the alk/ca/mg before I do the w/c. I haven't tested anything on this tank since I set it up.

Yea, I thought my cat would not be able to get on the tank due to my lights as well, but she defied me, and I woke up in the night to her standing on top of the QT tank. At a hefty 15lbs, I am surprised she didnt break the glass lid, lol. I ended up moving everything away from the tank so she has nowhere to climb up there from.

• Like 2
thecoralbeauty

Yea, I thought my cat would not be able to get on the tank due to my lights as well, but she defied me, and I woke up in the night to her standing on top of the QT tank. At a hefty 15lbs, I am surprised she didnt break the glass lid, lol. I ended up moving everything away from the tank so she has nowhere to climb up there from.

my boy cat is over 16 pounds and i cringe when he wedges himself between the radion and my glass lid. he has to sprawl out though so I'm guessing the weight distribution helps a lot

• Like 2

my boy cat is over 16 pounds and i cringe when he wedges himself between the radion and my glass lid. he has to sprawl out though so I'm guessing the weight distribution helps a lot

Maybe he'll start to color up...

• Like 4

Shoulda gotten the smart one! ;)

:lol: but then he'd know how to get on top of the tank! Really, I think Nora is the smart one. She's so pretty too :).

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-01%20at%205.41.1

i am so getting a cat soon too! too cute

:happydance:

When?????? I forget what kind you wanted. Ragdoll?

I'd say my open brain coral has recoved from it's bleaching a few months ago. The color is outstanding now. And I think it will survive the burning episode as well. I can't see where the flesh burned because it's always so puffed up :wub:.

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-01%20at%205.42.1

Feels like a Friday.

Maybe he'll start to color up...

:lol:
  • Like 7

Our condo building has a mice problem so we are trying to use that as an excuse to get a cat =P. Yup, ragdoll. My wife wants to adopt but it's near impossible to find a ragdoll in the shelters.

• Like 1

Our condo building has a mice problem so we are trying to use that as an excuse to get a cat =P. Yup, ragdoll. My wife wants to adopt but it's near impossible to find a ragdoll in the shelters.

Maybe a Ragdoll Rescue site? I know they have breed specific rescues out there. They are adorable. I thought it was ragdoll. I remember looking it up when you mentioned it before. The kittens are the cutest!

It does feel like Friday. You have done a great job with that brain.

:lol: but then he'd know how to get on top of the tank! Really, I think Nora is the smart one. She's so pretty too :).

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-01%20at%205.41.1

:happydance:

I'd say my open brain coral has recoved from it's bleaching a few months ago. The color is outstanding now. And I think it will survive the burning episode as well. I can't see where the flesh burned because it's always so puffed up :wub:.

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-01%20at%205.42.1

Feels like a Friday.

:lol:

your kittens are so adorable. And that brain looks AWESOME!

I've been thinking it has felt like a Friday all day. Then again, I'm off from work through next Wednesday, so it kind of is a Friday for me! yahoo!

• Like 1

things are looking great- I also like how the white background looks against all the colors!

Thank you! I do too! I did my water change today and cleaned the back wall up. Makes a big difference of course :). I took some photos but they turned out too dark since it's late in the day. I'll try to grab some tomorrow.
  • Like 2

your kittens are so adorable. And that brain looks AWESOME!

I've been thinking it has felt like a Friday all day. Then again, I'm off from work through next Wednesday, so it kind of is a Friday for me! yahoo!

Thank you :). I used to do water changes on Friday but switched to Wed so that's part of the reason. Also my husband has a 4 day weekend starting tomorrow so that's another reason it feels like Friday :).

I also like Chester's Blue eyes and Maggie too on pg 2

Have you ever had a cat? I wonder what Hagen would think? (did I spell his name right?)

This is DANGEROUS to look at. IWANTTHEMALLHELPIALREADYHAVETOOMANYANIMALS!

You forgot the hashtag LOL.
  • Like 3
FlowerMama

Hagen did make friends w/ the kitty next door so it's possible to get along for sure. But....Hagen eats anything outside (and inside) so he'd probably end up eating their food and their poop.

Have you ever had a cat? I wonder what Hagen would think? (did I spell his name right?)

Nadine pg 5 looks like your kitty!! but yours is cuter.

• Like 2