Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

You need to post those pics! I want a Tracy Morgonian Gorgonian really bad!

It's still not opened up all the way but this beauty is going to be incredible when it does. It's going to be soooo fluffy :wub:.

Woah! I'm behind again. Those new shots of the tank are gorgeous. I am really loving the effect of that white background. Really brightens everything up and makes the pastel colors look amazing. I'm thrilled to see all your corals are looking so happy and healthy in the new tank. The fish are look really happy in there too :)

Kittens this coming weekend?! That's super exciting! I can't wait to see some photos of them enjoying the aquarium :)

The Tracy Morgonian gorgonian has such a funny name. Pretty gorg though! I can't wait to see some photos of it. It should fit in perfectly with your pastel theme.

Thanks, Felicia! The white background makes a huge difference. I love it. I have to say it is more difficult to photograph though...but worth the hassle :). Yep, kittens this weekend!!!!!! omgomgomg. Probably Saturday!!!!!

LOLOLOLOL....didn't know about that.

OMG! I'll take one of each of those little cuties! :wub:

Wish we had room to take all three :).

Ok....photos of my new Tracy Morgonian Gorgonian. I love it :wub:. Polyps aren't open yet but I can tell it's going to be super fluffy when it does.

6-9-15no2_zpsfoqwdozv.png

6-9-15no1_zpsvnnxhiy6.png

6-9-15no4_zpsfmgczsxf.png

Pinky :wub:

6-9-15no3_zpsyqflt2jf.png

• Like 11

Just found this and it does look very nice already! Keeping it simple and uncomplicated...nice :)

Yep...simple and uncomplicated is the name of the game for this tank :). Thanks for checking it out!

Looking great Gena!

Is that a little green leather I see poking out between the candy canes?

Thank you :flower:. It sure is. It's a green nepthea or sinularia. I don't know which it is lol. I got the cutting from the guy that took my mandarin.

Wow, those being closed polyps are huge already!!!

They are open today! :happydance:

Gena! Check it out! LA has those aqua palys that Morgan and I have! http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+5&ddid=268987

Gorgeous! I love the name "tinkerbell". So fitting :wub:.

Today is kitty preparedness day lol. I'm off to Petco to buy some last minute items. New litter boxes and litter. And see what else I can find as well. Looks like it will be Saturday for sure. As long as there are no complications with their surgeries on Thursday!

• Like 5

I love that latest shot of the PSW. What a cute face he's making :)

Kitty shopping is so exciting! Have fun! I hope the surgeries go well tomorrow so you can pick them up Saturday.

• Like 1

I love that latest shot of the PSW. What a cute face he's making :)

Kitty shopping is so exciting! Have fun! I hope the surgeries go well tomorrow so you can pick them up Saturday.

He's very photogenic :). And so sweet. I seriously love that fish LOL. Still have to go out and kitty shop. I decided when we first bring them home we will keep them in my son's room with a baby gate at the door. That way the dogs and our cat can see them and smell them and get used to them. Then gradually take them out with supervision until they can stay out all the time without being trampled. My one dog is very rambunctious.

We just sat down for lunch so when we're done we'll go shopping :happydance:.

Took some photos of Tracy Morgonian the gorgonian all fluffy :wub:. Click on photos for larger version.

6-10-15no1_zpsf5izl8sz.png

6-10-15no2_zpsrqstcntj.png

• Like 6

There's a guy up in the Highland Park area giving away xenia and clove polyps for free. They look pretty nice... Not sure if you still need anything, but just heads up!

Screenshot_2015-06-10-11-40-14.png

Screenshot_2015-06-10-08-33-30.png

• Like 1

Love the tank Gena! Looks simple and grande at the same time.

The trumpets on the right, is that a Blue Spruce version? Is it really blue in person?

Thanks,

RJ

• Like 1
HarryPotter

Beautiful tank, as always!

Have you thought about a few pastel Ricordias? That would look pretty awesome IMO

(Sorry recently I've been obsessed with them)

• Like 3

Have you thought about a few pastel Ricordias? That would look pretty awesome IMO

Harry, what haven't you been recently obsessed with?!? :0)

• Like 5

-_-

Sort of true.

I need professional help.

Haha! Nah, it's all good. Unless you end up buying 60 clams and 150 rics. Then you need an intervention.

HarryPotter

Haha! Nah, it's all good. Unless you end up buying 60 clams and 150 rics. Then you need an intervention.

Well I'm at 5 clams and 3 Rics... Pretty damn close to a hoarder!

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

W'oh! I'm behind! Gorgeous!

I love love love that trumpet island!

alg-royal-wedding-trumpeters-jpg.jpg

Will they fight each other if they get too close?

• Like 1

He's very photogenic :). And so sweet. I seriously love that fish LOL. Still have to go out and kitty shop. I decided when we first bring them home we will keep them in my son's room with a baby gate at the door. That way the dogs and our cat can see them and smell them and get used to them. Then gradually take them out with supervision until they can stay out all the time without being trampled. My one dog is very rambunctious.

We just sat down for lunch so when we're done we'll go shopping :happydance:.

Took some photos of Tracy Morgonian the gorgonian all fluffy :wub:. Click on photos for larger version.

6-10-15no1_zpsf5izl8sz.png

I never thought trumpets were all that pretty...until I saw your trumpet island :wub:

• Like 2

There's a guy up in the Highland Park area giving away xenia and clove polyps for free. They look pretty nice... Not sure if you still need anything, but just heads up!

Hey...thanks for the heads up! I actually ended up buying some at my LFS. I was too impatient LOL.

Love the tank Gena! Looks simple and grande at the same time.

The trumpets on the right, is that a Blue Spruce version? Is it really blue in person?

Thanks,

RJ

Thanks, RJ! I actually purchased them as "turquoise trumpet". They really do look that color in person. It's a very pretty pale shade of blue. Thanks for checking out my tank :flower:.

Yey, so much excitement at your house. Hope your dog and cat are ready for a change!!!!!

I think Arty the cat will care less. It's the dogs I'm worried about lol. Not that they'd hurt them but they would just scare them because they get so hyper. My plan is to separate the kitties from the rest of the animals by containing them in my son's bedroom with a baby gate at the door. That way they can see out and the others can see in. I'm guessing this will take about a week. Hopefully not longer. We are all so excited to welcome them home!

Thanks, Harry! I have thought about ricordeas. But I think the only way they'll find their way in here is if I inherit my brothers ricordea rock. It's stunning :wub:.

Well I'm at 5 clams and 3 Rics... Pretty damn close to a hoarder!

Clam hoarder, yes. But you definitely need more rics.

W'oh! I'm behind! Gorgeous!

I love love love that trumpet island!

alg-royal-wedding-trumpeters-jpg.jpg

Will they fight each other if they get too close?

Thanks, Mr. M! I don't think they will fight. Guess I'll find out :).

I never thought trumpets were all that pretty...until I saw your trumpet island :wub:

I've always had a thing for them. I don't know what it is but I'm drawn to them LOL. I really like the mix of colors I have too!
  • Like 3