Top Shelf Aquatics

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

So sorry about your mom Gena. :(

Thank you, Mark :). She so wouldn't want us to be sad and I know she's still with me. I'm not a super religious person, but she's left signs for us (me and my brothers). Sounds crazy cuckoo but it's true :). And that's a comfort.
  • Like 7

I'm glad you're back, Gena, but so sorry you are going through all of this. And I'm glad you have your family there by your side. And your new kittens.

• Like 1

Yeah, California is a crazy place, but I'm loving it. Granted I prefer the Bay Area to SoCal.

That had to be so much harder that it was completely unexpected. I'm so sorry again, Gena. I hope your family is doing ok. I am sure she is watching over you. I'm sorry you didn't get to move closer to her, but I'm sure you had great visits with her and plenty of good memories even being in another state.

Glad to hear the kittens have the run of the house now and are doing well. So they're getting along ok with both dogs and the other cat? Have they noticed the fish yet? What do they think of the geckos?

• Like 1

There are several times when I felt Don had to be with me at certain times. I believe it's true. I don't feel we're left alone right away.

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty

There are several times when I felt Don had to be with me at certain times. I believe it's true. I don't feel we're left alone right away.

I'm glad you said that, Annette. I've had that about Eric too but have always been shy about saying so. You're not crazy, Gena, for seeing signs. She'll stay with you.

Such good news that the tank survived your absence, especially being so new! And i'm not surprised about seeing growth so soon. I'm noticing it with your cap you sent me!

• Like 1

Thanks you guys :flower:. I love seeing little signs from her and I definitely don't feel like she's gone. We talked death on many occasions since my dad passed away. She had a big interest in the after-life. I feel like she'll always be with me :).

Yeah, California is a crazy place, but I'm loving it. Granted I prefer the Bay Area to SoCal.

That had to be so much harder that it was completely unexpected. I'm so sorry again, Gena. I hope your family is doing ok. I am sure she is watching over you. I'm sorry you didn't get to move closer to her, but I'm sure you had great visits with her and plenty of good memories even being in another state.

Glad to hear the kittens have the run of the house now and are doing well. So they're getting along ok with both dogs and the other cat? Have they noticed the fish yet? What do they think of the geckos?

Everyone is getting along GREAT! I set their cat tree up by the fish tank and they like to sleep at the very top. I've seen them watching the fish from up there. I'm still waiting for that perfect cat/fish tank shot though :D. The geckos are interesting to them too. They like to climb on their cages :rolleyes:.

While we were in Indiana, my husband stayed here to take care of the zoo. He was texting me photos of Nicky and Nora during difficult times. Here are a couple of cute ones :wub:.

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-25%20at%207.12.1

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-25%20at%207.13.5

Oh and my Last Ship episode turned out to be the premier!!!! I had no idea it was going to be the season premier! Unfortunately I didn't get any face shots. Just from the side and behind. It's the scene where the red head guy is giving out fake "cure" and people are in line trading food. etc. for the "cure". That was fun to watch...we recorded it and watched the scene over and over last night LOL. There's one shot I'm in that my husband loved. It's after we had run away and I look back at the action...he thought it looked great :).

• Like 11

In happy news the kittens are home with us and sweet as can be. In horrific and surreal news I found out early Saturday morning that my mom passed away in her sleep. I'm in shock. It's unbelievable. I won't be around for a week or so as I will be traveling to Indiana. But when I return I will have photos of the kittens for you guys. They are rambunctious little cuties.

Holy smokes so sorry to hear this Gena :(

Just caught up on your thread. Hope those kittens are keeping you busy :)

• Like 1

Holy smokes so sorry to hear this Gena :(

Just caught up on your thread. Hope those kittens are keeping you busy :)

Thanks, Lawn :flower:. Yes...they are definitely keeping me busy. Best therapy ever :).
  • Like 2

oh no GENA!! i'm so so so sorry.

that is terrible. :(((((((( big hugs to you.

i'm comforted that she has left signs,

still losing a parent is so hard. <3

i'm so sorry.

this is my dream tank! and it is so stunning

already. i hope the reefing is giving you some

comfort...

i also love your new profile foto. :)

• Like 1

I do feel things happen for a reason whether by Karma, God, whatever, I don't believe in coincidences. And strangely enough, I feel like the forces knew you would need some comforting (with cute kittens of course) and I feel like you were so compelled to do it all so quickly to tear down and start a new tank, as if there wasn't time. You know what I'm trying to say? I hope so.

• Like 3

I've been MIA for a while but is this another tank?!?

edit: you retired your Cube?!?!!

Yep :). Retired both 8g and 45g cubes and combined a few of the corals into this new tank. Nice to see you posting again!

Cute Lil kittens there Gena! :)

Thank you :flower:.

I'm definitely not a cat guy but gosh those kittens are cute Gena :wub: .

Awwww...happy to hear that :). They are the most lovable little kittens ever.

Omg that red one <3!! Always wanted a Garfiled kitty. Congratulations:)

Thanks, Z!

Aw! The kittens are so cute. The orange one looks so content. The other one looks very mischievous in that photo :)

You've described them perfectly!

Glad to see you back, Kiddo. Best to D.

Thanks, E :flower:.

I do feel things happen for a reason whether by Karma, God, whatever, I don't believe in coincidences. And strangely enough, I feel like the forces knew you would need some comforting (with cute kittens of course) and I feel like you were so compelled to do it all so quickly to tear down and start a new tank, as if there wasn't time. You know what I'm trying to say? I hope so.

I totally understand and I totally agree.

I request more kitten and tank pics for this gloomy (here in Chicago anyway) Friday!

Gloomy? It's just sun and more sun here lol.

I actually took some photos yesterday of the tank. You can see my fuzzy rocks lol. Typical for a new tank though so I'm not worried. I did a big water change on Wed. and put in new chemipure blue. With regular water changes that fuzziness should dissipate fairly soon. I'd rather fuzzy than bubbly (bubble algae). Here are a few photos. I think the most noticeable growth is the neon green sinularia/nepthea in the center. The Morgonian has flopped over so you can't really see it. And the grube's gorgonian is shedding right now.

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-25%20at%203.09.5

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-25%20at%203.10.4

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-25%20at%203.11.1

• Like 9

oh no GENA!! i'm so so so sorry.

that is terrible. :(((((((( big hugs to you.

i'm comforted that she has left signs,

still losing a parent is so hard. <3

i'm so sorry.

this is my dream tank! and it is so stunning

already. i hope the reefing is giving you some

comfort...

i also love your new profile foto. :)

Thank you, Cindy :flower:. My mother-in-law sent me a windchime (really pretty) and she told me everytime it chimes you can think of your mother. I just heard it :). One of the sweetest gifts ever :).

Just got caught up, so sorry about your mom. No crazy judgement here, I just lost my mom last year and those little signs can be a big comfort.

:flower:

• Like 2