SaltCritters.com

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

Wow! I missed a LOT! Everything looks awesome and love your photos with the flash! I LOVE those teal trumpets.

Thank you! I love them too and so glad they got in the painting :).

Glad to see the blastos made it there safe and sound! They're so beautiful!

They traveled perfectly :).

Gena, your tank looks great and so do your pics!

Thank you so much :flower:.

Um... New page... New pics!

Please? ;)

I will get some today :happy:.
  • Like 4

Awww...The kitties are to cute. Great, comfy, place for a nap till someone jumps on your box!

The tank really does look wonderful. It is amazing how simply we can keep these tanks and they look great! Blastos fit right in.

• Like 1

Those kittens are so adorable! I love how playful kittens are.

Great new photos! I like seeing the little bit of the teal stand in that last FTS. It really goes well with the pastels and white background. Such a perfect color combination. Blastos look great in there!

• Like 1

Looks good. I would try a custom white balance to bring out your colors and decrease some of the blues. This is especially good for low light photography with mostly actinics. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

The blastos look right at home. Nice!

The kitties look right at home too. ;) adorable!

Thanks! The blastos really do fit in perfectly :).

Kitties are into EVERYTHING now lol. It's so ridiculous it's comical. Whatever I do they have to check it out.

Awww...The kitties are to cute. Great, comfy, place for a nap till someone jumps on your box!

The tank really does look wonderful. It is amazing how simply we can keep these tanks and they look great! Blastos fit right in.

Thank you :).

Everything looks happy, puffy with life. Just simple and beautiful.

Thanks, Annette!

The tank looks great! Zia's blastos look awesome :wub:

Thanks, John!

Those kittens are so adorable! I love how playful kittens are.

Great new photos! I like seeing the little bit of the teal stand in that last FTS. It really goes well with the pastels and white background. Such a perfect color combination. Blastos look great in there!

Thanks, Felicia! Yeah, I'm really happy with how the teal stand turned out. It goes great with the pastel colors inside the tank.

Looks good. I would try a custom white balance to bring out your colors and decrease some of the blues. This is especially good for low light photography with mostly actinics. Hope this helps.

Thank you! I have been setting the custom white balance before taking photos. Not sure I'm doing it right or not. But my most recent photos are definitely less blue. Thanks for the heads up :).

I'm sitting here listening to thunder omgomgomg. We have rain in the area right now which is so unusual for this time of year! But I'm enjoying it like you wouldn't believe :wub:.

For Stellablue!!!!! My new garden gnome (took these photos yesterday) :happy:.

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-17%20at%204.11.1

Still have to get some chicken wire for my squash plant trellis

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-17%20at%204.13.0

• Like 11

This really is the best thread ever, two things I love tanks and gardens!

:happydance:

I like the gnome and your garden looks awesome :wub: hope it gets some good rain today free nitrogen FTW :)

Thank you!!!! Sun just came out but we had a few storms come through :happydance:. Lots of free nitrogen!!!!!

I made a terrible video of the rain lol

Also....My painting from stellablue arrived today :wub:. It's AWESOME! I'm going to hang it up behind the tank but for now here it is :). Also she sent me a bunch of Harney & Sons tea!!!! I'm enjoying a cup of the Tilleul Mint now. I swear it's the best mint tea I've ever had. Thank you Rachel!!!!!!

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-18%20at%2010.06.

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-18%20at%2010.34.

• Like 13

That painting is going to look beautiful there and your garden looks wonderful. So nice to get unexpected rain when gardening. We picked some cherry tomatoes today. YUM!

• Like 1

Yay!!! I'm so glad it got there safely!! That mint tilulel is one of my favorites for sure. It is really a great soothing tea. Your garden looks amazing, Gena and I LOVE the gnome.

• Like 1

Very cool painting from stella. Your tank just keeps getting prettier all the time as it settles in and matures.

Thank you!!!!

Yeah it's raining where I live aswell.

Isn't it GREAT? :D

That painting is going to look beautiful there and your garden looks wonderful. So nice to get unexpected rain when gardening. We picked some cherry tomatoes today. YUM!

Thank you :flower:. I ended up hanging it by my computer instead of above the tank. So when I'm not in front of my tank I can still enjoy my tank LOL. I just love it so much!

The garden is loving this rain! How nice to pick some tomatoes today! I have a few sun gold tomatoes that are ripe...hoping that plant takes off soon! It got a late start.

Yay!!! I'm so glad it got there safely!! That mint tilulel is one of my favorites for sure. It is really a great soothing tea. Your garden looks amazing, Gena and I LOVE the gnome.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! The gnome is from Etsy. I'm a little bit addicted to that site LOL.

So I've been eyeing some pink blasto merlettis with turquoise eyes for this tank. Already will be adding a fox coral which I have on order with my LFS. I think I can squeeze just two more corals into this tank :lol:. But I swear that's it...well, besides the Miami Vice that Lawnman will be sending me :).

I opened a can of worms by ordering from Zia LOL.

Sold my sump and my skimmer today so I do have some extra cash :).

• Like 3

:happydance:

Thank you!!!! Sun just came out but we had a few storms come through :happydance:. Lots of free nitrogen!!!!!

I made a terrible video of the rain lol

Also....My painting from stellablue arrived today :wub:. It's AWESOME! I'm going to hang it up behind the tank but for now here it is :). Also she sent me a bunch of Harney & Sons tea!!!! I'm enjoying a cup of the Tilleul Mint now. I swear it's the best mint tea I've ever had. Thank you Rachel!!!!!!

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-18%20at%2010.34.

Is that Fiestaware????

Is that Fiestaware????

It is. I have a bunch of Fiestaware but this particular one (pink) I grabbed a few weeks ago from my mom's house. I didn't have any pink and now I do. She loved Fiestaware too. We loved a lot of the same things. I got all of my good taste from her :).
  • Like 1
HarryPotter

It is. I have a bunch of Fiestaware but this particular one (pink) I grabbed a few weeks ago from my mom's house. I didn't have any pink and now I do. She loved Fiestaware too. We loved a lot of the same things. I got all of my good taste from her :).

LOL we only use FiestaWare in my house as well! My parents are weirdos haha

• Like 1

LOL we only use FiestaWare in my house as well! My parents are weirdos haha

Are you saying I'm a weirdo? LOL

Fiestaware is fantastic! The stuff doesn't chip...at all. I can chip a plate with the best of them. Ruined many sets of dishes until I bought the fiestaware. It's quality :).

• Like 1
HarryPotter

Are you saying I'm a weirdo? LOL

Fiestaware is fantastic! The stuff doesn't chip...at all. I can chip a plate with the best of them. Ruined many sets of dishes until I bought the fiestaware. It's quality :).

Haha nooooo- just that rainbow dishware is somewhat "odd" (In an endearing way!)

• Like 2