Coral Vue Hydros

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

A nice big fox coral would look pretty cool! I'm hoping mine will grow out over time. Not sure how quickly they grow.

I bought it :happydance:. And the size is not too big :). I put it where the cynarina was and rehomed the cynarina to an NR member, Hydrogalaxy. New page so I'll have to grab some photos soon. Maybe tomorrow if I find time. The porcelain crab lives in the fox coral now. When I took it off the cynarina it swam to the pink trumpets but by the next morning he was in the fox coral as I had hoped :).
  • Like 4

Nice! Glad it's the right size! That's so awesome that the porcelain crab adjusted so easily. He's a cute little guy! I can't wait to see a photo of him on the fox coral.

• Like 2

Took some quick pictures this morning :). Lights aren't all the way ramped yet so I'll get more later when things are more open. But for now.....

My new fox coral :wub:. Also known as a jasmine coral. This is an LPS.

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-26%20at%2011.14.

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-26%20at%2011.16.

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-26%20at%2011.16.

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-26%20at%2011.15.

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-26%20at%2011.17.

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-26%20at%2011.15.

And just because :happy:

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-26%20at%2011.18.

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-26%20at%2011.13.

• Like 18

Aww... the fox coral looks perfect in your tank. Perfect softness to it and pink hews. Glad the little crab is happy with the new home. I am always happy, when my animals are content and happy too.

Cats are really growing and looking more mature. Two sweetie pies.

• Like 2

Aww... the fox coral looks perfect in your tank. Perfect softness to it and pink hews. Glad the little crab is happy with the new home. I am always happy, when my animals are content and happy too.

Cats are really growing and looking more mature. Two sweetie pies.

Thank you! It can get even fuller than that but I think it's still adjusting to my tank :).
  • Like 2

Thank you! It can get even fuller than that but I think it's still adjusting to my tank :).

That fox coral is awesome. They seem hard to find online.
  • Like 1

That fox coral is awesome. They seem hard to find online.

Yep I noticed that too. A few places sell them but they are out of stock or the stock photo is the white or green color which I didn't want. There's a seller on eBay that has a pink one but the price with shipping was more than I paid for this one and it was smaller. Plus I read they don't ship well. You should get one if you ever see it at your LFS or find one online :).
  • Like 1

Ooooooooo....fluffy..... :) Is the crab under the left corner?

Yep :). He should be molting any day now and have a nice bright white and clean coat again. He's pretty dirty right now.
  • Like 1
Nano sapiens

Here's a closeup of the new fox coral :).

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-26%20at%201.00.0

Nemenzophyllia used to be available in just about every LFS 15-20 years ago. Mostly tan or light green and rarely pink-ish like this one. A very much underappreciated coral IMO with a lot of aquarium freindly attributes: not aggressive and tends not to get stung, expands beautifully, relatively hardy and they tend to recover well from physical injury.

Good choice! :)

• Like 6

I love the fox coral. Someone here was selling one years ago, very unique color, and I hadn't seen one since. Love the pink on this one.

• Like 3

The fox coral looks great, Gena! It does look to be a similar color to mine, although I think yours is a tad bit more pink. Fits perfectly in that space and I'm glad the crab seems right at home! We're bringing the fox corals back! They're definitely underrated corals, but they have a lot of great traits. Glad to see someone else with one now :)

• Like 1