SaltCritters.com

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

Thanks you guys for the well wishes :flower:. I'm definitely getting better. Much less pain. I want to find out exactly what I did. I'm hardly able to move my arm still but at least I'm not in constant pain now. Only time it didnt hurt was when I had motrin in me. Now I have no pain even without motrin if I dont move the shoulder.

Thank you! My days of lifting 5g buckets of water may be over. Unless maybe some arm strengthening exercises are what I need. Hopefully I'll find that out today.

No tank photos but I could grab some with my phone. I have an etsy addiction lol. check out these adorable kitty toys! they love them. of course nora grabbed the plastic bag they came in too LOL.

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-30%20at%208.41.2

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-30%20at%208.42.1

All of this done with one hand....I'm dedicated :lol:.

Those toys are adorable! Do you have a link for the little fish also? I'm sure my little girl would love them. I'm glad to hear your shoulder isn't anything serious!

Nevermind! They are from the same etsy store!!! :D

• Like 1

Those toys are adorable! Do you have a link for the little fish also? I'm sure my little girl would love them. I'm glad to hear your shoulder isn't anything serious!

Nevermind! They are from the same etsy store!!! :D

Yep..same store. Here's the link anyways :).

https://www.etsy.com/listing/119254593/catnip-goldfish-crackers-wool-felt?ref=related-1

She has quite a few different ones to choose from. I like the chocolate dipped strawberries too :).

Take the shot next time...trust me!

I was afraid :scarry:.
  • Like 2

Yep..same store. Here's the link anyways :).

https://www.etsy.com/listing/119254593/catnip-goldfish-crackers-wool-felt?ref=related-1

She has quite a few different ones to choose from. I like the chocolate dipped strawberries too :).

I was afraid :scarry:.

The little easter bunnies are cute also. They look like really high quality toys. I'll have to order one or two packs for them for Christmas. :wub: Thanks for the gift ideas! My little girl had a tiny yellow fish that I had gotten her when she first came home with me. It had crinkles in it and she loved that thing. Carried it EVERYWHERE. It got lost in a move and I've never found another like it.

• Like 1

The little easter bunnies are cute also. They look like really high quality toys. I'll have to order one or two packs for them for Christmas. :wub: Thanks for the gift ideas! My little girl had a tiny yellow fish that I had gotten her when she first came home with me. It had crinkles in it and she loved that thing. Carried it EVERYWHERE. It got lost in a move and I've never found another like it.

Yep, very nice quality. Another toy that my guys love is those simple springy plastic toys. Like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Ethical-Durable-Plastic-Colorful-Springs/dp/B000CMKHDG/ref=sr_1_1/181-3393531-3832751?ie=UTF8&qid=1438307548&sr=8-1&keywords=spiral+cat+toy

We got a few of those sent home in a care package with the kittens and they go bananas for them. I need to find more because they tend to lose them under furniture.

• Like 1

Yep, very nice quality. Another toy that my guys love is those simple springy plastic toys. Like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Ethical-Durable-Plastic-Colorful-Springs/dp/B000CMKHDG/ref=sr_1_1/181-3393531-3832751?ie=UTF8&qid=1438307548&sr=8-1&keywords=spiral+cat+toy

We got a few of those sent home in a care package with the kittens and they go bananas for them. I need to find more because they tend to lose them under furniture.

I haven't ever seen those with the heavy gauge wire. I've seen plastic ones kinda like that. The wire ones probably are a little sturdier I'd imagine. I bet you have a horde of them living under your couch! :lol: I know whenever I would clean under the fridge or move the couch around I'd have a little pile of toys just out of kitty reach.

• Like 1

I haven't ever seen those with the heavy gauge wire. I've seen plastic ones kinda like that. The wire ones probably are a little sturdier I'd imagine. I bet you have a horde of them living under your couch! :lol: I know whenever I would clean under the fridge or move the couch around I'd have a little pile of toys just out of kitty reach.

the ones I have are a lightweight plastic. I think that works better for batting them across the floor. They go absolutely crazy with them LOL. I find toys EVERYWHERE LOL.
  • Like 1

the ones I have are a lightweight plastic. I think that works better for batting them across the floor. They go absolutely crazy with them LOL. I find toys EVERYWHERE LOL.

I bet, specially since they have the high energy of kittens! Haha, such awesome, funny little critters! Have they launched off the cat tower yet?

• Like 1

I bet, specially since they have the high energy of kittens! Haha, such awesome, funny little critters! Have they launched off the cat tower yet?

Nora did but because I started up the vacuum and it freaked her out. I felt really bad! They are definitely getting to that point when they play though. OMG...it sounds like a herd of wild horses running through the house!

Don't be. It's like a bee sting, and the long term bennies in pain relief and ability to do PT is HUGE.

He said it felt like a bee sting. But there would have been 2!
  • Like 1

As we speak, I am sitting in bed typing (NR and work), in constant pain with sciatica. No bueno. Waiting for the steroids to kick in. PT WILL be painful and make you sore, the benefits of the shot are unquestionable. Wish I didn't have to do it either though, and I get it right in the spine just over the pelvic crest.

• Like 2

Nora did but because I started up the vacuum and it freaked her out. I felt really bad! They are definitely getting to that point when they play though. OMG...it sounds like a herd of wild horses running through the house!He said it felt like a bee sting. But there would have been 2!

I've never had two kittens at the same time, but I can only imagine since one can sound like an elephant! Was it a cortisone shot? It depends where you get them. I will NEVER get another in my foot. They burn like a bitch. They can help a lot also though, in your case it might have been worth it since it would last long enough to get you well into your physical therapy.

As we speak, I am sitting in bed typing (NR and work), in constant pain with sciatica. No bueno. Waiting for the steroids to kick in. PT WILL be painful and make you sore, the benefits of the shot are unquestionable. Wish I didn't have to do it either though, and I get it right in the spine just over the pelvic crest.

I sure hope the pain goes down for you soon. I've never experienced it myself, but I've taken care of enough patients with sciatica to know it is not fun at all.

• Like 1

I sure hope the pain goes down for you soon. I've never experienced it myself, but I've taken care of enough patients with sciatica to know it is not fun at all.

Thanks M...any tips? Blown discs at L4-5 and L5-S1 pressing down on right sciatic nerve. Progressively worse over time, with intermittent relief with the steroid injection. Last month almost bedridden. Easy to underestimate all the effects of chronic pain!

Trying to avoid surgery until the discs heal up.

• Like 1

Sorry E :(. Getting the shots wouldn't have brought me any closer to PT from what he said. He was completely fine with me declining it. Are you taking an oral steroid?

Owwie! Yeah, baby it and take care of it and let yourself be babied!

I am enjoying that last part :). Thanks, Annette!

Thanks M...any tips? Blown discs at L4-5 and L5-S1 pressing down on right sciatic nerve. Progressively worse over time, with intermittent relief with the steroid injection. Last month almost bedridden. Easy to underestimate all the effects of chronic pain!

Trying to avoid surgery until the discs heal up.

I'm not sure. I know some people get relief with massages, although finding someone who can work the right pressure points could be a challenge. Steroids to reduce inflammation seem to be the treatment choice that I've seen. What will the surgery be eventually? I would guess without a way to ease that pressure, it may be difficult to find relief. How did you injure your back?

Sorry E :(. Getting the shots wouldn't have brought me any closer to PT from what he said. He was completely fine with me declining it. Are you taking an oral steroid?

Thank. Hells no to oral steroids. They are REALLY hard on the body long term, and Laura and I both think that we can take oral steoids or still be married, but not both. They make us both crazy!

Hope you are feeling better soon!

I'm not sure. I know some people get relief with massages, although finding someone who can work the right pressure points could be a challenge. Steroids to reduce inflammation seem to be the treatment choice that I've seen. What will the surgery be eventually? I would guess without a way to ease that pressure, it may be difficult to find relief. How did you injure your back?

No idea how it was injured...there was no "event" to point to. The injections are the only treatment I get, I do some stretching as well.

The surgery I wanted to avoid was the old, barbaric vertebral fusions that leave you with no range of motion....not at this stage of my life. They can going in laparoscopically and trim the offending tissue. Good success rate, but not there yet.

• Like 3

Thank. Hells no to oral steroids. They are REALLY hard on the body long term, and Laura and I both think that we can take oral steoids or still be married, but not both. They make us both crazy!

No idea how it was injured...there was no "event" to point to. The injections are the only treatment I get, I do some stretching as well.

The surgery I wanted to avoid was the old, barbaric vertebral fusions that leave you with no range of motion....not at this stage of my life. They can going in laparoscopically and trim the offending tissue. Good success rate, but not there yet.

I wondered if the vertebral fusion was the direction you were going. Thankfully I never worked much with the spine cases, but the lap procedures have gone smoothly for the patients going that route. I'm not sure if you like yoga, but some of the gentle back asanas might help you if you are already doing some light stretching. The app I have has some classes specifically for back pain, it's called Yoga Studio on the Apple Store

I wondered if the vertebral fusion was the direction you were going. Thankfully I never worked much with the spine cases, but the lap procedures have gone smoothly for the patients going that route. I'm not sure if you like yoga, but some of the gentle back asanas might help you if you are already doing some light stretching. The app I have has some classes specifically for back pain, it's called Yoga Studio on the Apple Store

Thanks! No fusion for me...but we will see where I end up. Pissing me off because it interrupts my TKD.

I do yoga with my wife Laura when I am physically able. Thanks for the advice!

• Like 3

Thanks! No fusion for me...but we will see where I end up. Pissing me off because it interrupts my TKD.

I do yoga with my wife Laura when I am physically able. Thanks for the advice!

Sorry I can't be of much help. Hopefully you can get some relief soon though!

Both of you I should say. Too many pains and aches in one page, we need a big bucket of relief...and coral!

• Like 1

Try to use things like Turmeric in your scrambled eggs to help lower inflammation. Remove dairy and wheat for a week and it will greatly reduce pain and inflammation.

• Like 4

Sorry I can't be of much help. Hopefully you can get some relief soon though!

Both of you I should say. Too many pains and aches in one page, we need a big bucket of relief...and coral!

Distractions coming up soon :).

sorry about your pain but hope you get to relax and stare at your tank and kittens all day!

Thanks :). I will now that I don't need to be in a reclining position anymore. I could pretty much just lay in bed when it first happened.

Try to use things like Turmeric in your scrambled eggs to help lower inflammation. Remove dairy and wheat for a week and it will greatly reduce pain and inflammation.

I've been reading about inflammation since that's pretty much what I have in my shoulder. Picked up some foods to help fight it. I read dairy is ok if it's no fat or low fat which is what I always have in the house anyways. I gave up dairy for a while and I noticed a huge difference in how I felt and it wasn't for the better which surprised me! I feel so much better now that I'm getting milk and cheese in my system again. I think part of what set my shoulder off was this past weekend my husband's cousin and her husband were in town visiting and we ate out the whole time and ate a bunch of crap! Desserts and candy at Universal STudios hollywood. I had a ton of sugar. We all did and my husband and son and I all said we felt horrible from the candy overload. Well sugar and white flours will set off the inflammation. I was having issues with that shoulder anyways and it just exploded on me after this crazy weekend. That's what I think anyways. Plus I've had a lot of stress in my life recently.

Anyways....here's the distractions I mentioned just above :happy:

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-30%20at%208.53.5

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-30%20at%208.51.4

• Like 8

I love the cat pics :wub: And I'm really happy to hear that your shoulder will recover with PT :flower: That's really the best possible outcome. Between my wife and I, we've been through multiple blown shoulders, knees, and backs, all leading to surgery. From my experience, if you really needed to take the shot you wouldn't have had much doubt about it. The need to relieve the pain pretty much erases any fear of getting a shot :o

• Like 2

E, my wife had laproscopic surgery for a herniated disc earlier this year. She was able to walk out of the hospital the same day she had the surgery, and is almost fully recovered four months later. I know it's not as severe as what you're dealing with, but after going through almost a year of chiropractic care, steroid injections, oral steroids, PT, and even aromatherapy (in a fit of desperation), it was a huge relief to just get it fixed. And yeah, oral steroids really suck, avoid them if you can. Getting a second opinion from a neurosurgeon instead of an orthopedist was literally a life changing experience for her. Good luck!