SaltCritters.com

Chris' custom 150

Chris!

I wish I could get my tank that clean without a rabbit. I have some nice macros and seagrass that I'd like to keep lol. I don't think my skimmer is quite performing up to snuff, though, so that may be the main reason.

Yeah don't think those would fare to well with a hungry rabbit, tho I really think my lawnmower was the biggest boost in clean up. That lil dude was real hungry! Better get that skimmer runnin right man, a poor performing skimmer is never good.

• Like 1

Dang, coming along nicely! Those wrasses look great in pictures- great depth to your shots! What's on the frag rack?

Thanks man, I love the wrasses glad to have some back in the display finally.... they aren't the last set of leopards I will be adding tho, but I want to get these ladies settled in comfortably 1st...... The rack is just a temporary landing spot for extras, I like to spread things around, and waiting on another tank to be up and running safely for them but the DT has been pretty solid lately ;)

I wondered whos tank that picture was in my thread lol looks great and nice pics.

Yeah I haven't shot the tank itself much lately, still intentionally left the whites pretty much off instead of trying to get a better shot as its not where I want it to be quite yet.

• Like 1

Nice pictures Chris. The Leopards don't seem shy, very cute.

Thanks Kat. The one is a bit shyer then the other still and is only out for a couple hrs where the other is out the entire time lights are on, definitely cute tho and still my favorite type of fish :)

• Like 1

;)

22403250979_4f727946ca_z.jpg

22377028428_1f936a0900_z.jpg

Under blues especially you can notice the yellow showing off more

22172674444_bcd5a013d8_z.jpg

Well got the camera out for a few....

22237948813_ef9fa2633d_z.jpg

22845599002_2e9579b952_z.jpg

22440749727_74150f7a1d_z.jpg

And an FTS since I been saying I'd get one for a while now....

22237942373_087c2977e0_z.jpg

And then the camera died :lol:

Bringing these to the new page :)

• Like 3

Will they bicker as they change sex, they seem the same size. I don't know how this worka. I've had Anthias since March and the one is huge and I keep expecting it to turn male but it's just enjoying making me wait

If they both turn male its a possibility, but they could stay female even hard to say. The one is more dominant/outgoing personality wise IMO right now tho so I am hoping if there is a change it will be that one..... but I am hoping they stay female for a couple more months as I want to get a few more and several other varieties tho I have added multiples with a male in the tank before and not had an issue they don't really seem to bother anything or eachother much IME.

Also, its hard to tell but the one that comes out before and stays out later is about a 1/4-1/2" bigger and slightly thicker then the other one as well, not a huge difference but might be enough lol

You see that "missle" over cali last night? lol

Yes. it was pretty cool.

q11 cf

Dafuq? I was sleeping in this morning @ 0821.....My son musta figured out how to post. :)

• Like 1

Yes. it was pretty cool.

Dafuq? I was sleeping in this morning @ 0821.....My son musta figured out how to post. :)

Yeah I have family in Riverside, cousin was all flippin out bout some UFO lastnight/ this morning lol

Sounds like he is ready for his own tank :) lol

jedimasterben

I had a tuxedo urchin but I took it back because it was a nuisance taking corals and macros, and the algae was growing back at almost the same rate as it was eating it. Should have gotten two or four of them total lol. But realistically until I get some better nutrient export going it won't do jack.

I tried to get a nice starry blenny a couple of weeks ago but it died a couple days later in QT.

• Like 1

I knew what it was. if its nice and clear out and Vandemburg launches something all of So Cal. thinks it a UFO. The last one was just before sunset and left a pretty rainbow like trail in the sky.

• Like 1

I had a tuxedo urchin but I took it back because it was a nuisance taking corals and macros, and the algae was growing back at almost the same rate as it was eating it. Should have gotten two or four of them total lol. But realistically until I get some better nutrient export going it won't do jack.

I tried to get a nice starry blenny a couple of weeks ago but it died a couple days later in QT.

Yeah the urchins definitely werent as hard working as the rabbit or lawnmower. But I think they are kinda cool :)

I knew what it was. if its nice and clear out and Vandemburg launches something all of So Cal. thinks it a UFO. The last one was just before sunset and left a pretty rainbow like trail in the sky.

Yeah bunch of crazies out there lol

Have you ever been down to Cherry Corals in Livonia? Just checked out there website- pretty amazing acros they have

Yeah I know Todd, decent dude, crazzzzy corals in that place they don't even have a small fraction of what they actually have on the site its insane lol

• Like 1

What's up buddy! Those wrasses are one of my favorite fishes. I bought two years ago and only one survived. I sold it during a move I was facing. Nice pics too

• Like 1

What's up buddy! Those wrasses are one of my favorite fishes. I bought two years ago and only one survived. I sold it during a move I was facing. Nice pics too

Just another day lol Yes I love the leopards, one of my favorite fish for sure. these are my 7th and 8th ones now I think. I've only ever had 2 that didn't make it over a yr so I have had some pretty good luck with them and hope to continue that with these ladies :)

• Like 1

Yeah I know Todd, decent dude, crazzzzy corals in that place they don't even have a small fraction of what they actually have on the site its insane lol

Nice, I think once the 50gal. Is ready I'll pick up a few acros from them- pricey but acros I've never seen anywhere else. That's good to know so maybe I could call them and see what else they have that's not posted online. Sounds like a must visit next time I come to Flint or actually maybe make a trip just for that and hand pick some acros- that would be cool. I would definitely drag you with me?

• Like 1

Nice, I think once the 50gal. Is ready I'll pick up a few acros from them- pricey but acros I've never seen anywhere else. That's good to know so maybe I could call them and see what else they have that's not posted online. Sounds like a must visit next time I come to Flint or actually maybe make a trip just for that and hand pick some acros- that would be cool. I would definitely drag you with me

Yes definitely worth checking out. I'm working on getting everything set up to start bringing in more acros over the next few months. So far my 1st test batch is holding on good ;)

• Like 2

Yes definitely worth checking out. I'm working on getting everything set up to start bringing in more acros over the next few months. So far my 1st test batch is holding on good ;)

Ha- I knew the LPS wouldn't keep your interest.......your an Acro man?

Ha- I knew the LPS wouldn't keep your interest.......your an Acro man

It was always the intent to get more into SPS, and I'm not fully done with the lps or other stuff either but definitely working on getting some killer sps as well ;)

• Like 1