inTank Media Baskets

Chris' custom 150

Chris!

Wow. That's fast! Good luck man. I hope it goes smoothly

Yeah the sale and the purchase of the new one are pretty simple deals and the buyers on mine are going out of town for christmas and want to close quickly and we found the one we want so no sense in delaying things lol

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

Well we decided to back out of the one we were originally going to buy, the people grossly misrepresented the house like bait/switch... borderline fraud type shit lol They used pics that were like 10 yrs old and the interior stuff wasn't a huge deal all stuff I planned to change anyways but when I drove by during the daylight and noticed the roof needs replaced and theres a lot of rotted wood it was a deal killer!

However our real estate agent is awesome and the guy that owns the R.E. company has a sweet 2 story colonial in an even better neighborhood that we are working out a deal on right now. Hopefully he accepts my offer and we can close before Christmas like he asked if we would be willing to do if he accepts.... so thats gotta be a good sign right? LOL :)

• Like 4

Well we decided to back out of the one we were originally going to buy, the people grossly misrepresented the house like bait/switch... borderline fraud type shit lol They used pics that were like 10 yrs old and the interior stuff wasn't a huge deal all stuff I planned to change anyways but when I drove by during the daylight and noticed the roof needs replaced and theres a lot of rotted wood it was a deal killer!

However our real estate agent is awesome and the guy that owns the R.E. company has a sweet 2 story colonial in an even better neighborhood that we are working out a deal on right now. Hopefully he accepts my offer and we can close before Christmas like he asked if we would be willing to do if he accepts.... so thats gotta be a good sign right? LOL :)

Good luck man. I'd be going insane trying to iron out all these details only to have the rug jerked out from under me again....

Good luck man. I'd be going insane trying to iron out all these details only to have the rug jerked out from under me again....

Yeah the 1st one we actually had a close date set for tomorrow and everything, I was still going to go through with it even despite everything until my ins. company called and said they wouldn't insure the roof until it was replaced. lol

I have an emergency back up plan in place if the 2nd one falls through for any reason this time tho LOL

• Like 1
lilmatty5dimes

Dang the joys of house buying. Lol We had to jump thru some hoops in order to close for our house. It was pushed back for like 3 weeks. Ended up closing on my wife's birthday. Told her that was the last birthday present for 30 years. Lol

• Like 2

Great news man! I just caught up in here. Any new news?

• Like 1

Well I figure since I am gonna move the tank I mind as well make some changes.... Highly considering a basement sump but wondering if the Jebao DCT15000 will be enough :lol:

• Like 3

Did you pick up some Kent salt? Mix any yet?

I was going to and never did, I am going to basically do a huge water change when we move so I am kinda glad I didn't I would of had to buy a box for that anyways.... eventually I will grab a box and try it out tho.

• Like 2

Well I figure since I am gonna move the tank I mind as well make some changes.... Highly considering a basement sump but wondering if the Jebao DCT15000 will be enough :lol:

Doooo iiiit. Basement sump rocks

That's why they invented basements,right?

• Like 1

Doooo iiiit. Basement sump rocks

That's why they invented basements,right?

Yeah just not entirely sure that if for some reason I ever decide to not have a tank anymore I want 3 or 4 holes in the nice hardwood floors, or more realistically if we ever decide to sell that I want to have to replace all the flooring to cover the holes LOL

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Its been crazy around here lately, just found the computer today even. I moved the tank to the new place last Saturday.... finally got around to putting the lights over it today.... hell didn't even have the heaters set up right for 3 days, so the tank sat in the 60s for those 3 days :wacko: Still don't have my RODI hooked up, nor do I have the sump connected.... still contemplating setting up a basement sump but not sure if I am going to or not just yet :lol:

Still somehow only managed to lose 6 pieces.... all 5 pieces of my A. hoeksemai , and one tenius :(

• Like 3

Dang, I liked you comment cause you moved the tank- sorry you lost those pieces. Do the basement- can you go into the wall and not the floor?

The losses were alot better then I was expecting honestly all things considered. The Hoek was getting pretty nice before the move but still wasn't fully settled in as it was so I wasn't to optimistic with them really anyway.

I could go through the wall but it would be a a really tight fit and more work then just drilling straight through the floor... The tank is on an outside wall, so the wall sits over the sill plate and I would have to tightly fit through the wall, go through the sill plate and immediately 90 out of the wall, which I'm not overly big on 90s in the drains or returns and I'd have to have atleast 2-3.... blah lol

• Like 1

The losses were alot better then I was expecting honestly all things considered. The Hoek was getting pretty nice before the move but still wasn't fully settled in as it was so I wasn't to optimistic with them really anyway.

I could go through the wall but it would be a a really tight fit and more work then just drilling straight through the floor... The tank is on an outside wall, so the wall sits over the sill plate and I would have to tightly fit through the wall, go through the sill plate and immediately 90 out of the wall, which I'm not overly big on 90s in the drains or returns and I'd have to have atleast 2-3.... blah lol

Can't wait to see what u do with some sps.......basement sump- if it was easy everyone would be doing it ?- with your diy skills .....get it done! Just think if you had Flint city water you'd be going through a RODI filter every few days ?

Can't wait to see what u do with some sps.......basement sump- if it was easy everyone would be doing it - with your diy skills .....get it done! Just think if you had Flint city water you'd be going through a RODI filter every few days

Not everyone has basements or a desire to do that much for a little convenience lol I've already got redoing the kitchen counters and installing a fence flooring the basement, and a long list of minor stuff (like changing all the outlets, switches etc.....) lol

Thats the one big thing I don't like about this house, it is on GB city water.... comes from detroit I believe. Its pretty good water supposedly tho for city water. Going to add a 20" whole house carbon filter still tho..... Still haven't hooked up the RODI so we will see what the TDS is whenever I get around to that lol

• Like 1

Not everyone has basements or a desire to do that much for a little convenience lol I've already got redoing the kitchen counters and installing a fence flooring the basement, and a long list of minor stuff (like changing all the outlets, switches etc.....) lol

Thats the one big thing I don't like about this house, it is on GB city water.... comes from detroit I believe. Its pretty good water supposedly tho for city water. Going to add a 20" whole house carbon filter still tho..... Still haven't hooked up the RODI so we will see what the TDS is whenever I get around to that lol

ya, crazy it's better to get water from Detroit - backing the day anything from Detriot was Tabu but I lived most of my life there- crazy music seen back in the day- Janes addiction,Beatie boys, chili peppers, Nirvana before they were anything?. Michigan rules
  • Like 1

ya, crazy it's better to get water from Detroit - backing the day anything from Detriot was Tabu but I lived most of my life there- crazy music seen back in the day- Janes addiction,Beatie boys, chili peppers, Nirvana before they were anything. Michigan rules

Yeah kinda crazy but doesn't surprise me that it is a billion times better then water from the Flint River... They find so many bodies in that river that fact alone should have been an indicator it wasn't a good idea LOL

Yup MI has had a great music scene for yrs no doubt about that. :)