Cultivated Reef

Chris' custom 150

Chris!

Too bad about the house Chris. Now you can work on the tank and doing some projects around your house. Nice macros!

Yeah it kinda sucked, found a bad ass little piece of land with a nice pond and stuff was gonna just build a new place but its getting cold and time is running out to start building for this year. Might try again in the spring with it picks back up again but not 100%. The house now is pretty well set, did pretty much everything within the last year you could think of.... but the yard could be made a bit more fun so that and a few odds n ends improvements are on the list for next year if we stay. I've got a few things in mind for the tank coming up too, but have a few other things on tap in the near future to tackle 1st then I will have more time to dedicate to the tank again ;)

Thanks man, I think macros are definitely my favorite way to shoot. just gotta sharpen up my game a bit and go back and check the tips Ben and a few others gave earlier in the thread :)

Hope everything has been going good for you as well man!!!!

• Like 1

Good luck on however things turn out. I'm still trying to find a steal on a macro. Every time I'm broke so when I find that hot deal. I think I'm gonna get another red linkia star, they add so much color and there always out and about.

Good luck on however things turn out. I'm still trying to find a steal on a macro. Every time I'm broke so when I find that hot deal. I think I'm gonna get another red linkia star, they add so much color and there always out and about.

Yeah either way its all good gonna make the best of it. The only thing really that sucks about this place is the location/schools.

I picked up my 60mm tamron for like $350 on ebay, refurbished but I love it. Takes some pretty good shots even with little skill IME lol

Linkias are pretty sweet, I had an orange one a few years back, this time I went with a fromia, supposed to be harder to keep I think but seems to be doing well :)

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah either way its all good gonna make the best of it. The only thing really that sucks about this place is the location/schools.

Don't drink the water ?

• Like 1

Don't drink the water

I have a well thankfully..... Still have an RO system on the sink, and fridge and 3 whole house filters on the main line before it gets to any of the taps LOL

• Like 2

Very nice! Your getting better with your camera I bet you could take some great pics of sps- just saying

Thanks man. Maybe I will get a chance this weekend to test that idea :lol:

• Like 1

No I don't think theres much going on around here right now. Petco doesn't have much sps selection LOL

What about the Detroit or surrounding area stores- I know there's an sps frag with your name on it

I've had alot going on lately, but finally get the main tank cleaned up fairly well and the QT is operational ;)

Ya I know you've been busy for sure- glad your back and have some time to focus on the tank(s) again

• Like 1

Ya I know you've been busy for sure- glad your back and have some time to focus on the tank(s) again

Yeah definitely been a crazy last few months, but things are starting to settle in place for a little while atleast it seems so time to kick back and have some fun lol

• Like 2

Well got the camera out for a few....

22237948813_ef9fa2633d_z.jpg

22845599002_2e9579b952_z.jpg

22440749727_74150f7a1d_z.jpg

And an FTS since I been saying I'd get one for a while now....

22237942373_087c2977e0_z.jpg

And then the camera died :lol:

Looks a lot different from the last time I saw it. Nice job on the cleanup.
  • Like 2

Looks a lot different from the last time I saw it. Nice job on the cleanup.

Thanks man. Most of the credit really goes to my 2 bar rabbit and lawnmower blenny..... But theres been quite a few water changes lately too.

The tank! Great pictures.

Thanks Mark.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

I wish I could get my tank that clean without a rabbit. I have some nice macros and seagrass that I'd like to keep lol. I don't think my skimmer is quite performing up to snuff, though, so that may be the main reason.