Pod Your Reef

Chris' custom 150

Chris!

Lol can't wait to see what you get! I want another but no room! I think your wrasse addiction is contagious. Haha!

Its a good addiction to have atleast :) So is the upgrade addiction, sounds like you should pick that up as well so you will have more room for wrasses... I think I was the 1st to put the upgrade bug in Sk8n's head :lol:

• Like 3
Sk8n Reefer

Its a good addiction to have atleast :) So is the upgrade addiction, sounds like you should pick that up as well so you will have more room for wrasses... I think I was the 1st to put the upgrade bug in Sk8n's head :lol:

Hahaha- yes your were- thank you ?. We can talk about it again in a year ?. Never had a wrasse- I think their beautiful though

• Like 2

Chris, I remember you saying you fed your corals pellet food every now and then. How many pellets per head of acan do you feed more or less? I've been feeding them pellets lately but I think I may be over doing it a bit.

• Like 1
NorthGaHillbilly

Chris, I remember you saying you fed your corals pellet food every now and then. How many pellets per head of acan do you feed more or less? I've been feeding them pellets lately but I think I may be over doing it a bit.

not trying to jump in on Chris at all, but Ill throw in this, remember that a pellet is EXTREMELY dense food compared to say, mysis.

• Like 2

Hahaha- yes your were- thank you . We can talk about it again in a year . Never had a wrasse- I think their beautiful though

No problem man, look forward to seeing it up and running! Will do. Sounds like you need sand! Bigger tank definitely room for some really nice wrasses man ;) Although most fairy and flasher wrasses don't require sand at all.

I didn't get to particular about how much, I'd just mix a bunch of stuff suck it up into the turkey baster and make sure everyone got some. I'd guess anywhere between 1 pellet and 5 or so pellets on any given night however many nights I fed that week. But I would also put reef roids or the NLS powder food I can't think of (nutricell maybe...), acropower or coral accel and flake in as well so there was a bit going into the tank.

not trying to jump in on Chris at all, but Ill throw in this, remember that a pellet is EXTREMELY dense food compared to say, mysis.

Yeah mysis isn't very filling. IME so far LPS can handle a decent amount of food tho, even pellets. My bowerbanki would devour probably 15-20 pellets/ head in a night when I was target feeding :lol:

• Like 2

Ok well I feel better now. I fed the bowerbanki about 5 pellets per head and thought I was overdoing it a bit. The bowerbanki is so different from some of the other acans. The polyps are always fluffed up and it seems to be happy pretty much anywhere near the bottom. Love it!

• Like 2

Ok well I feel better now. I fed the bowerbanki about 5 pellets per head and thought I was overdoing it a bit. The bowerbanki is so different from some of the other acans. The polyps are always fluffed up and it seems to be happy pretty much anywhere near the bottom. Love it!

That piece seriously loves to eat. I can just feed the fish a pinch of flake and it balloons up lol I wouldn't feed it 5 pieces a night, but a couple times a week shouldn't be an issue IMO. I'm glad your happy with it man, its definitely my favorite piece :) Honestly its one of my favorite pieces I've ever owned and I've always been a die hard acro guy lol

• Like 2

Keeping acros is too much work! Maybe one day when I'm done with school and have a bit more time I'll give them a shot in a larger system. But I'll admit they are stunning, especially in large colonies.

• Like 1

Add them in numbers!

I'm kinda scared to right now with them being in breeding mode, they are little pricks and leopards especially are super delicate initially even just mild chasing can drive them to the sand for extended periods of time :(

Sorry about the leopards, its so easy to get attached to them.

Definitely, little buggers are my favorite fish :(

• Like 1

Alright, so the clowns laid eggs sunday evening, I took pics then. I skipped yesterday, took a couple today.... don't feel like messing with them, uploading or any of that right now. They are starting to turn from orange/yellow blobs to brown blobs but other then color no real noticeable changes IMO.

I'm probably not going to be around alot for a while, I have alot of stuff going on right now but I will try to take pics and when I get a chance maybe do a series in a single post or something.....

• Like 1

Was on that side of town this afternoon so dropped by the LFS.... leopards didn't make it. Grabbed a flasher wrasse (they don't know shit there, and lighting was bad + small tank & unhappy so I'm really not even sure which flasher it is right now LOL), 3 orange line chromis, and a orange spot goby.

• Like 1

bowerbanki is boss :)

Its only getting better too :) I'm not even sure what it is going to end up doing. I bought it as a wild intense bleeding apple colony with the brightest colors I've ever seen on one, but right now it is showing red and orange in the body, blue (which is turning into green), neon green, with streaks of a highlighter yellow/neon neon green coming through as well, and thats after it shifted to a deep red w/ blue and green for several months :o.... I can't even come close to capturing the colors on this thing right now its crazy :wacko:

• Like 2

You all and your meat corals. :rolleyes::lol:

Maybe I have meat envy?

Thats ok Mark, I have acro envy... tho is has been nice to be able to neglect my tank for way to long lately and see colors IMPROVE :wacko:

You say the words and I will gladly do a swap with ya when your ready to have some meat in your system :lol:

• Like 1

I haven't had the time to mess with getting any pics of the new additions yet, but the flasher wrasse is finally starting to settle in and is a carpenter flasher wrasse. Nothing to special or uncommon but I aint complaining for $25 :lol:

• Like 5

The tank looks great bud!

Thanks bro, you still even have a tank??

So I don't know what the hell is going on right now. Everything seemed fine, now in the last 2 days I've lost all 3 chromis, and 2 anthias :wacko: Chromis suck so I get that, the anthias have been eating but I noticed they have been looking a little pinched as they haven't been eating anything besides mysis so maybe they just starved out.... dumbasses I make plenty of food available to them lol