Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Chris' custom 150

Chris!

Think it's someone else. Yea trying to move up with publix. Going for a good retirement plan. Lol

Oh my bad lol. If they offer it take em up on it not alot of places that really give a damn to offer much if anything lol

Great new fish addition- how big do they get? LPS are looking really healthy how are water parameters maintaining ?

Thanks man, she will get to be 4-6". They are pretty active good swimmers too. Hopefully I can get a few more :) I have no idea really, I haven't tested anything in a while to be honest. Water is probably horrible, the LPS are really happy and have their feeders out most of the day lol I slowed my biopellets down a bit, things were getting out of wack with them, my sump and over flow box are both full of excess "bacteria".... so I have been feeding a little more as well to see if I can't get them using more nutrients and getting sucked into the skimmer :) I don't have any cyano or anything like that, but I do have a bit of algae that seems to be dying off for the most part.

That Leopard Wrasse is Bad-A. It was one of my favorite fish in my 150g FOWLR.

Thank you! Yes she is definitely bad :) I had a beautiful 4-5" female for quite a while and a friend had her for about 2 yrs before I got it. When I saw this little gem I had to grab her for sure.... I am a big leopard wrasse fan :)

• Like 3

I actually thought that gorg was a NPS piece anyways. The polyps kinda reminded me of some of the other ones I've seen listed as NPS but who knows. It definitely sucks, it was a sweet piece for sure! :(

No worries, weeks, months whatever it takes to get things dialed in and ready :) Besides I get in good with you I can get you to convince Eddie to send me some of those acros he doesn't like to cut :lol:

Yeah, definitely a bummer, but I knew it was a risk since I didn't know what species it was and it wasn't one I'd seen before. I just get excited about unique gorgonians, but that generally means they're impossible to keep alive, haha!

Ok, well thank you! You're too nice! Unfortunately, I have very little influence over Eddie when it comes to tank stuff. We're both pretty stubborn about doing our tank stuff our own way :lol:

• Like 1

Yeah, definitely a bummer, but I knew it was a risk since I didn't know what species it was and it wasn't one I'd seen before. I just get excited about unique gorgonians, but that generally means they're impossible to keep alive, haha!

Ok, well thank you! You're too nice! Unfortunately, I have very little influence over Eddie when it comes to tank stuff. We're both pretty stubborn about doing our tank stuff our own way :lol:

Yeah the better looking it is the bigger PITA it is.... maybe thats why I'm such PITA :lol::lol::lol:

Oh no worries Felicia, I was just messing with ya. I don't expect or even want anything, Eddie did me a huge favor and he said he doesn't have much room and has some top secret stuffs going on so I figure I'll pass it on to you. Plus this way its in someone elses hands I trust. I have horrible luck, so this way if I kill off all mine hopefully yours will pull through and I can get a piece back down the road when yours grows out and is all beautiful :)

Go with the custom that'd be super sweet man! Having something built to your specs is always best :) I like the taller tanks because of the kids, the oldest would be swimming in it if he could reach LOL When I'm old and the kids are out of the house I will definitely do a look down style tank full of sick LPS :huh:

Yeah I was in an LFS and saw "leopard wrasse" on a couple tanks and the bug hit, I was like umm I'll take 5 if you have them.... sorry think we only have one :rant:

Yeah...I dig it. I prefer a shallower tank, personally. I like a high stand and a shallow tank because it keeps the kids out.

My big issue also is stocking. I really want a sick tank full of sticks. But, I love sick LPS, so that's got me a little jacked up. So, my current thought is that since I have an ADA 60-F laying around that's drilled, I think I'm going to plumb that into the future system and use it for LPS and keep the larger tank for an SPS dominant display in which I'll have my wrasses. Since the dimensions are 24" x 12" on the ADA tank, it puts me in a situation where I have to reduce the footprint of the other tank to like 32". That makes a 32" x 30" footprint for the larger display the most logical because I only have a 48" long space to work with where the tank(s) will go. So, I'm going to price a 32" x 30" x 18" (just shy of 75 gal) custom build and see where it falls. If the SCA is a better buy, then I'll grab the SCA 80 which is 32" x 24" x 24".

Yeah...I dig it. I prefer a shallower tank, personally. I like a high stand and a shallow tank because it keeps the kids out.

My big issue also is stocking. I really want a sick tank full of sticks. But, I love sick LPS, so that's got me a little jacked up. So, my current thought is that since I have an ADA 60-F laying around that's drilled, I think I'm going to plumb that into the future system and use it for LPS and keep the larger tank for an SPS dominant display in which I'll have my wrasses. Since the dimensions are 24" x 12" on the ADA tank, it puts me in a situation where I have to reduce the footprint of the other tank to like 32". That makes a 32" x 30" footprint for the larger display the most logical because I only have a 48" long space to work with where the tank(s) will go. So, I'm going to price a 32" x 30" x 18" (just shy of 75 gal) custom build and see where it falls. If the SCA is a better buy, then I'll grab the SCA 80 which is 32" x 24" x 24".

My stand is like 40" tall, the oldest is crafty tho and will bring over chairs and stuff to stand on to get a closer look lol

Why the need for two side by side? I'd think with the larger tank you shouldn't really have a problem being able to get a good skimmer and feed regularly without fouling the water to bad for the sps. I have been feeding ALOT and last check phosphates were still .03-.04.... plumbing them in together will give you pretty similar water quality in both tanks anyways man. LPS lower and in the shadows, sps still reigning supreme in the upper half :) That would only require one set of lighting too instead of one over each tank.

Well, I was out and decided to stop into the fish store again... cuz well ya know I forgot to ask when they get their fish orders in lol

Picked up a sweet little Royal Flasher Wrasse I somehow missed last time I was in, and a trio of 3-4+" lyretail anthias :)

16971063832_0c51484a6f_z.jpg

16784925630_b88d9402b6_z.jpg

And a couple random shots just because:

16764891269_12b5410b5a_z.jpg

16925156676_2e4a9ec91e_z.jpg

16950153881_cb87ac18b6_z.jpg

16971455661_3253b66577_z.jpg

I like to use mollies for my CUC, pretty sure this one is going to burst at any time :lol:

16951111695_67e0788190_z.jpg

• Like 8

Thanks man! The camera is definitely doing its job, I think I've got the settings dialed in, just have to fine tune my skills and I will be happy (some are still a little blurrier/ out of focus then I'd like).

I have been going to Somethin' Fishy in Clio the last two trips, the lady told me they have been open 32 yrs! Not the best coral by any means, but the fish all look pretty healthy atleast :).

Still can't believe I missed this little dude the other day!

16765014257_797770f1df_z.jpg

To my defense they had it labeled as "wrasse" in a dark low tank and his colors weren't vibrant at all and was mostly hiding in the back behind a rock.... 20 minutes in the tank and he is out checking out his new palace :lol:

• Like 3

Great looking fish, and great pics!

Thanks man. I'm really diggin the new fish. They are all kind of hanging in the rocks for the most part still but I think with time they will add alot more action and color to the tank :)

Ya- something fishy- I remember going there

I figured you might, it used to be the only place around here for years.

Anyone thirsty??

IMAG3617_zps2tmovy74.jpg

• Like 2

Beautiful additions and the pics are outstanding bro!

Thanks man, I'm hoping to find some more wrasses and a couple smaller anthias in the next couple weeks.... the new fish place I'm using is low volume and does orders every couple weeks :(

Nice new fish

Thanks Kat :)

Holy crap I think your dog is really a horse. My lab was born around the same time and it weighs half as much.

Yeah she is ####ing huge! lol She is already the same size or bigger that her 3 yr old mom was :wacko:

Polarcollision

gorgeous flasher!!

You're the secnod person mentionig mollies. Clean up crew?

Guess who found a leopard wrasse Tuesday??! It has jet lag and gives me a stroke until 5 pm when it pops out of the sand, ready to start her day.

• Like 1

gorgeous flasher!!

You're the secnod person mentionig mollies. Clean up crew?

Guess who found a leopard wrasse Tuesday??! It has jet lag and gives me a stroke until 5 pm when it pops out of the sand, ready to start her da

Thank you! I am a big fan of wrasses in general :)

Yeah I have been using mollies for a few years on and off as my clean up crew. Not the prettiest things but better then most snails IMO. And they kind of school a bit lol

Pretty standard, 5pm is a common "wake up time" for them. It will take it some time but it will adjust. Mine comes out for a few hours in the afternoon, takes a nap and comes back around 5 still as well!

• Like 1
Polarcollision

Thank you! I am a big fan of wrasses in general :)

Yeah I have been using mollies for a few years on and off as my clean up crew. Not the prettiest things but better then most snails IMO. And they kind of school a bit lol

Pretty standard, 5pm is a common "wake up time" for them. It will take it some time but it will adjust. Mine comes out for a few hours in the afternoon, takes a nap and comes back around 5 still as well!

You and me both. Can you believe my husband asked tonight if I ever thought about a larger tank. (knows about me and my dislike of water changes). Surprised myself - sort of - now thinking about how many wrasses I can put in 60-80 gallons. No idea--(?)

Leopard wrasse got up about an hour earlier today. :-) Hoovered cyclopeze -- probably in a food coma now.

So mollies eat detritus? Guppies salt water too (thanks google)! Holy!! That is fascinating!! I was chatting w/ LFS about guppies and mollies. THought about a tiny fresh water tank for these guys + shrimp. Not so plain jane, huh?

guppy.jpgendlers_male_110530a2_w0640.jpg

• Like 1

You and me both. Can you believe my husband asked tonight if I ever thought about a larger tank. (knows about me and my dislike of water changes). Surprised myself - sort of - now thinking about how many wrasses I can put in 60-80 gallons. No idea--(?)

Leopard wrasse got up about an hour earlier today. :-) Hoovered cyclopeze -- probably in a food coma now.

So mollies eat detritus? Guppies salt water too (thanks google)! Holy!! That is fascinating!! I was chatting w/ LFS about guppies and mollies. THought about a tiny fresh water tank for these guys + shrimp. Not so plain jane, huh?

You can put quite a few wrasses in that size tank, I'd take him up on it before he changes his mind lol In my old 70g I had....

2x hooded fairy wrasses (M&F)

2x potters leopard wrasses (M&F)

1x meleagris leopard wrasse

1x ornate leopard wrasse

1x female solorensis wrasse

and for a short time 1x yellow fin flasher wrasse

I also had a yellow tang, 2 clowns, a cardinal and 2x bartlett anthias..... I think thats everything LOL

My leopard has been hiding alot more lately and I think I found out why, my clowns are laying eggs right now so probably been harrassing her because she likes to hang around their turf. It looks healthy when it is out so I'm not overly concerned at this point.

Mollies don't eat detritus, they eat algae. Flow and skimmer eat detritus :) I prefer the mollies over guppies (which I believe will also eat algae...) because they are easy to convert to SW. Guppies take about a week from what I have heard but I've never attempted it. I used to have a FW tank as a kid and guppies mate like crazy, I seriously had probably 100 LOL

• Like 1

Woke up from my nap today to this:

16847207988_c54cef8f4d_z.jpg

16827656547_34ffc68f18_z.jpg

And grabbed a couple quick pics of the Roayal Flasher and bowerbanki while I had the camera out :)

16412635164_8442e1de64_z.jpg

16414917513_d6598b310a_z.jpg

• Like 6

Heck yea dude that's awesome!

Thanks! I've had these guys together for probably 5 yrs now. The female is my 1st fish I ever got in the hobby however many years ago that was. They used to mate in my 70g but haven't that I know of in a couple years now... guess they are finally happy again.

That said I haven't seen my leopard at all today which is a bummer its been doing really good. It likes to hang around the area the clowns laid their eggs so I am hoping they didn't beat it to badly protecting their area or something.