ReefCleaners.org

Chris' custom 150

Chris!

Too bad you don't live around here. The LFS my dispars are at got in a shipment with the dispars, blue eye lyretails, pinks anthias, Randall's anthias, sailfin anthias, and yellow anthias.

Wish I lived there too! Drool.

Wish I lived there too! Drool.

This particular store is pretty awesome for fish. They only focus on fish and the owner actually works with several collection facilities all over the world teaching them sustainable and humane capture techniques. They work straight with the collectors instead of going through wholesalers, so they get it huge shipments with a ton of selection.

• Like 2

So my lfs is changing from Kent to Reef Crystals- he should have the whole store changed over within a week- whew. He said Kent has been inconsistent lately and RC seems to more more stable. For some reason this really bothers me?. Although I've used RC in the past this is my 1st time with Kent and I really like it. He's still gonna sell Kent and since I am not adding any coral anymore I am gonna stay with Kent for awhile. Thoughts? What salt are you using. I know the salt doesn't make or break but I am hesitant to make any big changes like that.

So my lfs is changing from Kent to Reef Crystals- he should have the whole store changed over within a week- whew. He said Kent has been inconsistent lately and RC seems to more more stable. For some reason this really bothers me. Although I've used RC in the past this is my 1st time with Kent and I really like it. He's still gonna sell Kent and since I am not adding any coral anymore I am gonna stay with Kent for awhile. Thoughts? What salt are you using. I know the salt doesn't make or break but I am hesitant to make any big changes like that.

I think RC has been inconsistent, with KH continually rising higher and higher per batch. I wonder if he just got a deal and is using a BS excuse? For what it's worth I always liked Kent when I used it and I had no good reason for switching.

• Like 2

I think RC has been inconsistent, with KH continually rising higher and higher per batch. I wonder if he just got a deal and is using a BS excuse? For what it's worth I always liked Kent when I used it and I had no good reason for switching.

Hmmm. Ya I wasn't excited about the change for sure especially when he was so "high " on it before- used it for years. I am sticking to Kent- I don't really have any issues with it. He got a huge shipment in so maybe it was a deal ?

• Like 1

Hmmm. Ya I wasn't excited about the change for sure especially when he was so "high " on it before- used it for years. I am sticking to Kent- I don't really have any issues with it. He got a huge shipment in so maybe it was a deal

Switching the whole store over that quickly is a bad move lol If you like kent and are getting good numbers I'd stick with it, no sense in rocking the boat while you have a good thing goin man!

I have been using seachem's salt (I think thats who it is anyways, I'll check later when I go downstairs for sure...) Its decent, mixes clean and quick. Is it the best, probably not but it doesn't seem to be horrible either.... that said the only things I ever test are alk, salinity, and phosphates.... and I don't ever test fresh batches lol

I'm with mark tho, he likely got a killer deal and is giving a bs excuse.... happens alot especially with RC.

• Like 1

Switching the whole store over that quickly is a bad move lol If you like kent and are getting good numbers I'd stick with it, no sense in rocking the boat while you have a good thing goin man!

I have been using seachem's salt (I think thats who it is anyways, I'll check later when I go downstairs for sure...) Its decent, mixes clean and quick. Is it the best, probably not but it doesn't seem to be horrible either.... that said the only things I ever test are alk, salinity, and phosphates.... and I don't ever test fresh batches lol

I'm with mark tho, he likely got a killer deal and is giving a bs excuse.... happens alot especially with RC.

Ya- I agree with ya both- I am happy with Kent!! Things are happy so I am happy! Don't rock the boat ?. It seemed a little weird that he thought the Kent was not giving the numbers he is used to - I'll sit back and watch to see how it all plays out! The store is full of RC boxes- definately a large purchase was made
  • Like 1

Ya- I agree with ya both- I am happy with Kent!! Things are happy so I am happy! Don't rock the boat . It seemed a little weird that he thought the Kent was not giving the numbers he is used to - I'll sit back and watch to see how it all plays out! The store is full of RC boxes- definately a large purchase was made

You can get a really good deal if you buy a pallet of RC at a time ;) RC isn't horrible I used it for years, I just decided to try something new and went with seachem..... I think lol

• Like 1

That is a huge dog and a lot of snow! How's the blizzard treating you?

Yeah she is a monster..... but soooooo calm and gentle 99% of the day :)

The blizzard itself wasn't horrible, tho we got alot of snow. My driveway had 13-15" across most of it from the blowing snow, but after 3 or 4 hours of screwing around shoveling I had my uncle come plow it out lol We are supposed to get another 8-10 supposedly this weekend again tho.

Oh how the time flies....

Late August/ early Sept., maybe 20lbs:

CSC_0196_zpsba332887.jpg

Today 125lbs:

IMAG1284_1_zpsgzgiyd6y.jpg

IMAG1283_1_zpshkmhlxc8.jpg

She's looking good! They do grow fast. I felt like I could watch my dane grow as she slept. Teach her to pull a blade to clean snow off your drive. LOL.

• Like 1

Damn, 125 pound dog? I thought my 65 pound dog was big lol. What breed is she?

Shes not even 8 months old yet :lol: I think a couple pages back I have a pic of her and our 60ish lb boxer/pit laying together in her crate.... She is a Great Dane/ English Mastiff mix.

She's looking good! They do grow fast. I felt like I could watch my dane grow as she slept. Teach her to pull a blade to clean snow off your drive. LOL.

Thanks man, yeah she don't miss a meal. She is somewhat slowing down she was gaining a few lbs a day for quite a while, I've noticed her height seems to be what is increasing faster lately. Naw to rough on her growing joints and bones + I have an uncle with a plow truck to handle all that :)

• Like 1

Haha- cool pics- what big girl- ah........I don't think that fence is gonna slow her down at all

Thanks man, shes definitely a big solid girl! Its actually a 6' fence, other then there because of the huge stump (which makes it about 4', its not really a huge concern she hasn't shown any desire to jump, she would likely try to tunnel under 1st LOL She does like to stand on her "perch" and observe tho :lol:

• Like 1

Thanks man, shes definitely a big solid girl! Its actually a 6' fence, other then there because of the huge stump (which makes it about 4', its not really a huge concern she hasn't shown any desire to jump, she would likely try to tunnel under 1st LOL She does like to stand on her "perch" and observe tho :lol:

Ya that fence looks like it's a small little white picket fence size next to her?

• Like 2

My oldest son's 4th birthday is coming up on the 9th and a new aquarium attraction (Sea Life) opened up recently about 45 minutes away. Since he really enjoys fish and other sea animals we decided to take the kids down to check it out...

IMAG1354_zpskfgtf5ko.jpg

IMAG1375_zps0pyazn8k.jpg

IMAG1380_zpspvaftviv.jpg

IMAG1378_zpsmup7ecbc.jpg

IMAG1368_zpsrvruqaxi.jpg

IMAG1364_1_zpsqmfg1baj.jpg

IMAG1359_zpshmlioqc5.jpg

IMAG1353_zpssntypxam.jpg

IMAG1353_zpssntypxam.jpg

IMAG1350_zpsxmaxwbo7.jpg

It was somewhat educational as well there were different signs around the displays (like below), and interactive touch screens that you could click on animals on display and learn about them further.

IMAG1360_zpsyomlwwem.jpg

More pics coming in next post.....

• Like 5

I was thinking of taking the kids to that this weekend. Was it worth the price of admission? Seems a little steep and I heard the exhibit is actually pretty small.