Innovative Marine Aquariums

Chris' custom 150

Chris!

Sick lps, that's why lps will always be better than sps!

Thanks man. I'm liking the LPS more then I ever have but I dunno that I'd say they are better then SPS lol

I decided to play along in the MD fish pic contest, you should too!

If you don't want to play along, join in the voting :)

http://bit.ly/1DI698r

Cool- I think I'll go for it too- I am not on facebook so I miss these things- thx? that Kole pic could be a winner! Maybe I can have my wife enter with a pic

Cool- I think I'll go for it too- I am not on facebook so I miss these things- thx that Kole pic could be a winner! Maybe I can have my wife enter with a pic

I don't really do the whole facebook thing myself either, I actually just saw their post on here. I don't know that you even really need to have FB to do it..... there are some really good ones, waaaaaay better then mine but it was pretty easy to do so figured why not :)

• Like 1

I don't really do the whole facebook thing myself either, I actually just saw their post on here. I don't know that you even really need to have FB to do it..... there are some really good ones, waaaaaay better then mine but it was pretty easy to do so figured why not :)

Cool, my 2nd peppermint has disappeared now for two weeks- ck'd at night- nothing.........day one it was chilling by my cleaner no problem - saw this one for two days then gone. Do you think the cleaner or Emerald crab are taking them out? Hermits? I just don't get it

Cool, my 2nd peppermint has disappeared now for two weeks- ck'd at night- nothing.........day one it was chilling by my cleaner no problem - saw this one for two days then gone. Do you think the cleaner or Emerald crab are taking them out? Hermits? I just don't get it

I would guess any of them could be going after the peps as they are all opportunistic.

• Like 1

Didn't get much time before the lights went out but heres a couple shots:

16327820668_d2b2839c7b_z.jpg

16328086610_74dd1f612d_z.jpg

And then theres these:

16514513332_c9b8cc4c8e_z.jpg

Still not a great pic, and the plug is kinda nasty as I haven't touched it in months just been letting them do their thing because every time I have touched a frag of these it melts the very next day :( But they are tucked away in a low flow low light little corner and seem to be doing good and holding steady atleast :)

• Like 3

What are those in the 3rd pic- really cool looking

I have no idea if they have been named by anyone else and I haven't named em yet they melt whenever I do anything with em so just trying to grow em out and get em more hardy right now.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

What's been going on man- bet you've been busy- any new tank updates ?

Been super busy lately, I haven't even logged on here in a few days. Nothing new going on with the tank not sure when I will even do a long over due wc at this point. :wacko:

Hope everythings going good with your tank man, hopefully I'll get a few minutes this weekend to get updated lol

• Like 2

Been super busy lately, I haven't even logged on here in a few days. Nothing new going on with the tank not sure when I will even do a long over due wc at this point. :wacko:

Hope everythings going good with your tank man, hopefully I'll get a few minutes this weekend to get updated lol

Ya , life gets in the way sometimes? my photos are screwed till March 7th when my photo bucket bandwidth for the month will reset -I am not upgrading and paying for more bandwidth damn it?- I've switched over to imgur now for photos which should help. Trading in my big Birdsnest this weekend- gonna have to do a major rescape?
  • Like 1

Ya , life gets in the way sometimes my photos are screwed till March 7th when my photo bucket bandwidth for the month will reset -I am not upgrading and paying for more bandwidth damn it- I've switched over to imgur now for photos which should help. Trading in my big Birdsnest this weekend- gonna have to do a major rescape

Photobucket knocks down quality as well which is why I switched to Flickr a while ago.

That will free up some room once you get that out of there :)

• Like 1

Photobucket knocks down quality as well which is why I switched to Flickr a while ago.

I did not know this, I should switch

• Like 1

I did not know this, I should switch

Its not often super noticable, but IMO if your gonna spend the time and money to get good shots (especially macros) mind as well use something that won't knock down the quality.

Its not often super noticable, but IMO if your gonna spend the time and money to get good shots (especially macros) mind as well use something that won't knock down the quality.

Im liking the format better than photobucket already, thanks for the heads up!

• Like 1

Im liking the format better than photobucket already, thanks for the heads up!

No problem man, I prefer it over pb alot as well :) Hopefully one of these days I'll get some time to do some more shooting again, lifes been crazy lately!

• Like 1

Had a good day, so I said....

IMAG1403_1_2_zpsbnovyybn.jpg

and bought...

347b75d9e5bad702a9104140313f7ba4x_zpsdx1

For being a little four banger the turbo makes it actually somewhat fun to drive. My tahoe will leave it in the dust, but that also doesn't get anywhere near 25-30 mpg :lol:

• Like 4
Sk8n Reefer

Ya ,I never really noticed until I reviewed my FTS - definately loss some detail. I am always on my iPad and the Flickr apps are "odd" I am really liking imgur- simple and keeps the quality. Absolute true what you say about macro shots

• Like 1

Ya ,I never really noticed until I reviewed my FTS - definately loss some detail. I am always on my iPad and the Flickr apps are "odd" I am really liking imgur- simple and keeps the quality. Absolute true what you say about macro shots

Yeah I never noticed or believed what I heard either about it knocking down quality until I started using Flickr myself and looked at the same pic through both, it was a pretty big difference. The apps definitely aren't the greatest for flickr so when I take phone shots I still use photosucket because the quality from my phone isn't that great anyways.

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

Yeah I never noticed or believed what I heard either about it knocking down quality until I started using Flickr myself and looked at the same pic through both, it was a pretty big difference. The apps definitely aren't the greatest for flickr so when I take phone shots I still use photosucket because the quality from my phone isn't that great anyways.

Photosucket- hahahahahaha?
  • Like 1

Went downstairs and found my old yellow tang laying on the bottom of his tank dead last night. Had him for quite a few years now as he was one of my 1st fish, kinda sucks but he lived a good healthy life and got to spend his last days in a nice big vat with plenty of room to swim :)

Sorry about the old guy. :flower:

Thanks Kat, he was a pretty cool active fish.

Battery is about to die on the laptop but here is an older pic of the old dude:

IMAG0264_zps16a424a5.jpg

• Like 3