Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Chris' custom 150

Chris!

Alright, figure its about time I finally got around to making a thread for this tank. It is a custom 3 side starphire 48x30x24 from Miracles..... pure sex.

48x30x24offsetint_zpse6378fa3.jpg

Oct. 27th it made its way to the stand...

IMAG1032_zpsbrzmjrqp.jpg

Simple sump design out of a 40B...

IMAG1045_1_zpsvix7ldhu.jpg

Nov. 11th scape, sand and water were finally in.

IMAG1057_1_zpsmciz3djd.jpg

Random shots while waiting out the cycle...

IMAG1073_1_zpshupjekuj.jpg

IMAG1086_zpsntsyxnvs.jpg

IMAG1088_zpskjzakwif.jpg

Final scape Nov. 26 2014

IMAG1091_zpseb9gmmnm.jpg

IMAG1090_zpsgoz8qbgx.jpg

IMAG1089_zpsrdpazlma.jpg

Dec. 16th things got BLUEEE!

IMAG1121_zps2xx1emhh.jpg

Just before Christmas I added a few corals:

DSC_1438_zps7c42462e.jpg

IMAG1180_1_zpsdst7ub7y.jpg

I've got a huge puppy. You can expect her and the kids to randomly make appearances here as well from time to time :lol:

IMAG1176_zpsmllazkre.jpg

After spending the week between Christmas and New Years in the hospital with my youngest son I got to enjoy a nice Diatom bloom :)

IMAG1206_zpso4z6ftgj.jpg

Jan 4th 2015 FTS, diatoms starting to fade away....

IMAG1211_1_zpsjsrit7b8.jpg

January 6th made some fish additions:

Added 10 fish...

5x Black Mollies

2x Creamcicle Mollies

1x Yellow Eye Kole Tang

1x Yellow Coris Wrasse

1x Aquacultured Neon Cleaner goby

To go along with the 2 clowns that were already in there

The mollies are my CUC as I don't really like to use many snails :)

And my oldest enjoying watching the fish swim before bed:

IMAG1217_zps300r2ppq.jpg

• Like 7

And that brings us to some random recent coral shots:

15622427443_3fb4ec23ed_z.jpg

15619883744_52436c3c45_z.jpg

16216404606_b642c260c8_z.jpg

And a couple fish shots:

16216407006_513b3ccd69_z.jpg

16242310115_b0ec4519cf_z.jpg

One of the black mollies apparently had babies:

16242309345_993d13e7b6_z.jpg

And a current FTS:

16056453067_d0aee34744_z.jpg

• Like 8

Nice tank! That's a bit of a jump from your previous systems.

Thanks man, long time no see lol

Size wise I had the 180 a few yrs ago, but quality wise the miracles tank blows them all away for sure they did an amazing job I'd definitely recommend them!

I had them quote me a tank a while ago. Just wasn't sure what to do. Right now I'm tankless. Should be getting back in soon. I'm simply trying to figure out what I want to do and what the wife will allow in our space. I'm limited, as you know, so I'm thinking 36 x 24 footprint, shallow...like 12".

All my livestock is still alive and resting at Sir Patrick's place.

• Like 1

I had them quote me a tank a while ago. Just wasn't sure what to do. Right now I'm tankless. Should be getting back in soon. I'm simply trying to figure out what I want to do and what the wife will allow in our space. I'm limited, as you know, so I'm thinking 36 x 24 footprint, shallow...like 12".

I wanted a reef savvy originally but they took forever to get me a quote, and they screwed around getting me a shipping quote (which I asked to include originally obviously) after dragging their feet on the tank quote.... I don't regret going with Miracles at all, you should do it man their quality is top notch ;)

All my livestock is still alive and resting at Sir Patrick's place.

Thats good! But you need a tank man ;) Hows the other Chris doing, aint seen or talked to him in forever either... last I knew I thought he was out or getting out and working a TON.

Well, Chris is doing well. He's a super nice guy and has been very helpful. I had a crash in the old tank, partly due to me, and lost nearly all my SPS. We agreed that he would house what I have and we would frag everything in half for me when the new system gets up. I do need a tank, but not yet sure what to do.

I had a ReefSavy quote....expensive, but a nice tank. My experience was similar to yours. They took forever to do anything and it was irritating to say the least. I need to get a quote from the guy who built my previous tank. Pricing was not bad, but the quality was not the greatest. Good, but not great.

I've been thinking about a Cadlights tank, but I don't want their stand or sump. MD sells them now, but I don't know if I can get the tank only. I've also been thinking about an SCA. I've read some say good about them. I would prefer something less deep, but in the same respect the additional volume of a 90 would allow for the fish population that I want.

The other thing is that I want to automate more with the new set up. I need to make water changes easier and need a mini salt mix station that I can tuck away in a very small area.

And.....stuck on the lighting. I'd really like an ATI hybrid, but don't want to spend ATI hybrid money. I loved the T5 on my old tank. They rocked. I'm still not overly enthused by LED. They look good, they're compact, they last, and they're quite. All of those items are attractive.......but still not 100% on them alone. I think the best solution is a hybrid.

• Like 1

Yeah he is a good guy for sure, glad to hear he is around again and doing good!

Who built your last tank.... aquatic america?? He built all of RP's tanks, like you said decent but not the greatest. Another option I've heard nothing but really good things about and pricing is good too... pico. I wouldn't go with CAD if you paid me. I have seen alot of issues with their stuff and they just don't seem to have this shit together. I've heard some good things about SCA tanks, but I heard nothing but good about their skimmer which IMO is a toy turd.

Thats the one thing I wish I could do better but right now there isn't really a good option for autowater changes where the tank is..... or easier WC's for that matter lol My "water station" if you wanna call it that is all downstairs as we decided to turn the old fish room into a play room or office, and the tank is over the crawl space not the basement.

Yeah I hear ya, I wanted a ATI hybrid to, but with the 30" alot of stock options don't really fit well. I set it up to where I can add in 2 t5's down the road if I want, but right now I am running 3 evergrows length wise front to back, side by side and have really good coverage. Once I start adding acros I might need to change it up or add the t5s but for now I am happy.... and under $300 :lol:

• Like 2

Yeah....For WC in my new set up, I plan on putting a valve in the main drain and drain it to the sanitary, which means I'll have to go through a wall. Not a big deal, but it's the best way I can manage my situation.

For salt mix, I have a small area that I can stack enough in to use some plastic tanks, but that's the best I can get. I don't think I'll be able to automate the WC, but I can make it easier.

• Like 1

Yeah....For WC in my new set up, I plan on putting a valve in the main drain and drain it to the sanitary, which means I'll have to go through a wall. Not a big deal, but it's the best way I can manage my situation.

For salt mix, I have a small area that I can stack enough in to use some plastic tanks, but that's the best I can get. I don't think I'll be able to automate the WC, but I can make it easier.

I wish going through a wall was an option, for me I'd have to go through the wall, through the floor into the crawlspace through a block into the basement into the sanitary lines.... :furious:

Thats a good idea, maybe I can find something that will fit into the closet 15' away to store some water, right now I lug it all up from the basement as needed.... aka daily lol

Tank looks sweet man, following along..

Thanks, I really enjoy this tank. Even empty it was a piece of art, hopefully I will be able to transform it into a sweet piece of living art :)

Nice big tank! Following.

Thanks, hope you enjoy :)

• Like 1

That bowerbanki is sick nasty.

Yes, yes it is :) I'm pretty sure it is my favorite piece right now lol

Nice! So much room to play with. Looks great so far!

Thank you, definitely a ton of room.... for now.

• Like 1
NorthGaHillbilly

Yes, yes it is :) I'm pretty sure it is my favorite piece right now lol

Thank you, definitely a ton of room.... for now.

Let me know if you crank up the frag saw ;)

• Like 2

Here's a couple new shots from around the tank tonight:

16073698809_0e4d6188d7_z.jpg

16259838695_550a2bff4d_z.jpg

15637433344_1e89af8f1b_z.jpg

16073704039_d84865f38e_z.jpg

A couple things getting ready to be moved up into this system:

16258016771_f9a4da32fb_z.jpg

16073991817_221a9e39a6_z.jpg

15639940883_611d81f7d7_z.jpg

And a couple extra pieces laying around ;):

16259009842_36b2ddc39e_z.jpg

16064919629_e0e26d43a0_z.jpg

16258023411_d4be9fea06_z.jpg

• Like 4

Here's a couple new shots from around the tank tonight:

16073698809_0e4d6188d7_z.jpg

16259838695_550a2bff4d_z.jpg

15637433344_1e89af8f1b_z.jpg

16073704039_d84865f38e_z.jpg

A couple things getting ready to be moved up into this system:

16258016771_f9a4da32fb_z.jpg

16073991817_221a9e39a6_z.jpg

15639940883_611d81f7d7_z.jpg

And a couple extra pieces laying around ;):

16259009842_36b2ddc39e_z.jpg

16064919629_e0e26d43a0_z.jpg

16258023411_d4be9fea06_z.jpg

Dear goodness man, those are nice! Nice camera skills too.

Oh by the way you and Ben have inspired me to get some mollies to eat algae :)

• Like 1

Dear goodness man, those are nice! Nice camera skills too.

Thanks man, I've been sittin on some candy. The camera skills are more luck, and taking ALOT of pics at a time then anything but hopefully I will continue to improve :)

Oh by the way you and Ben have inspired me to get some mollies to eat algae :)

They are voracious algae eaters man. And they will mate... which is cool but can become a problem as they like to get busy alot so you could end up overrun with mollies if you don't have something that can eat 1/2" long babies :lol:

When do we get to see the rest................... :D

Most of the really good stuff has been shown now between here and my old 40 thread. I will continue to slowly move stuff up tho and get pics where they are now and when they are in the DT as I get time. I've got a couple pieces I am hoping pull through after the latest round of 400w heater failures that I don't think I've shown yet, but they aren't anything worth showing right now unfortunately :(