Innovative Marine Aquariums

Chris' custom 150

Chris!

Double awesomeness!

Its crazy how quick they transform from a little yellowy orange blob to this. From a distance before I took that pic the other day I thought they were dead because they just looked like they were turning brown lol

• Like 2

Man that close up shot is sweet! My wife is loving those pics!

Thanks man (and mrs. :)) The real close up one is actually the shot above it just cropped to get in closer. Without throwing the extension tubes (which I haven't done in a LONG time) on the 1st close up I did of the eggs the other day is the closest I can get with my lens (60mm tamron macro)..... but it is capable of nice quality so I can crop a bit sometimes for a nice closer feel without sacrificing to much quality when I get a decent shot. :)

• Like 2
Sk8n Reefer

Thanks man (and mrs. :)) The real close up one is actually the shot above it just cropped to get in closer. Without throwing the extension tubes (which I haven't done in a LONG time) on the 1st close up I did of the eggs the other day is the closest I can get with my lens (60mm tamron macro)..... but it is capable of nice quality so I can crop a bit sometimes for a nice closer feel without sacrificing to much quality when I get a decent shot. :)

Ahh- totally fooled me but now I see where ya cropped it from. Are you gonna try to remove some and raise them?

• Like 1

Ahh- totally fooled me but now I see where ya cropped it from. Are you gonna try to remove some and raise them?

Yeah just a little trickery :lol: Nope, no intentions on ever trying to raise any of them. I think its great that people do it, just not something I have a desire to personally do as I know I would end up with a ton of them if I did. Shipping coral is easy, shipping fish isn't something that interests me and I don't have an oxygen tank to do it properly.... and not really anywhere local to unload them in any quantity.

dang dude that is a really neat pic. How fast did they go from orange to "watching you"?

Thanks! Its only been 5 days since the eggs were laid. I want to say around 2 days is when I noticed them being brown and thought they were dead until I got out the nikon for a closer look, which was my 1st pic of them no longer being the little orangey blobs lol

• Like 2

Clowns must have hatched yesterday, rock was clean when I got up like they were never there. Also, my leopard died today, since the clowns started mating the leopard wasn't coming out nearly as much (it was shy and they were dicks) and it wasn't eating overly well anyways :(

I'm leaning towards holding off on adding anything for a while, less to move when the time comes....

Clowns must have hatched yesterday, rock was clean when I got up like they were never there. Also, my leopard died today, since the clowns started mating the leopard wasn't coming out nearly as much (it was shy and they were dicks) and it wasn't eating overly well anyways :(

I'm leaning towards holding off on adding anything for a while, less to move when the time comes....

:(

• Like 1

Ack, sorry about the leopard. :(

• Like 2
Sk8n Reefer

Dang, sorry about the wrasse Chris- what do you think was wrong? Do you think clowns affected him to the point of not eating anymore? You would think in a 150 it wouldn't of cared. Sucks to lose a fish- sorry man!

Thanks guys/ladies, losing the leopard sucks, they are definitely my favorite fish. Its always a gamble trying one tho so it wasn't completely unexpected tho I thought she was going to be a good one initially.... damn clowns :(

Dang, sorry about the wrasse Chris- what do you think was wrong? Do you think clowns affected him to the point of not eating anymore? You would think in a 150 it wouldn't of cared. Sucks to lose a fish- sorry man!

I really suspect the clowns harrassment being its biggest downfall. It was doing good coming out more and eating a little before they started clearing the spot to lay the eggs. Once the eggs were laid I rarely seen it and the clowns would chase everyone away. Leopards initially are some of the shyest most skiddish fish I have ever owned and don't take well to bullying. Had I known the clowns were going to start laying soon I would have held off. The active anthias probably didn't do it any favor either tho really..... I'll definitely try adding a larger harem of them next time rather then an individual so hopefully they can find some comfort in #s.

Creepy little bastards.

Yeah they are, especially when ya get in all close like LOL

Sorry about the leopard. Cigars all around for the grand babies though.

I suspect they are merely detritus being excreted as we type :lol:

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about the leopard Chris!

Thanks man.

Stopped into the LFS and they have some wrasses coming in next week I'm gonna go check out.... My wrasse addiction is coming back in full force I fear :lol:

• Like 7