Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Chris' custom 150

Chris!

Ok........... So after starting the house 10k below what we (and our realtors) felt we should be able to sell at because we wanted to move the house quickly, and dropping another 20k since then the wife texted me saying she might have another project for me (a backyard pond/lazy river with pavilion/ grilling/ lounge island area) to which I responded "at our house now?" and she said mind as well.... so yeah decided we are going to just take the house off the market and put the kids in private school (oldest starts wednesday already anyway since we haven't sold the house anyway). How long this will last is to be seen, she likes to change her mind fairly regularly lol

In tank news I bought a lawnmower blenny and some snails today in an attempt to get this tank cleaned up a bit faster now that its apparently staying put for a while longer lol

• Like 2

Ok........... So after starting the house 10k below what we (and our realtors) felt we should be able to sell at because we wanted to move the house quickly, and dropping another 20k since then the wife texted me saying she might have another project for me (a backyard pond/lazy river with pavilion/ grilling/ lounge island area) to which I responded "at our house now?" and she said mind as well.... so yeah decided we are going to just take the house off the market and put the kids in private school (oldest starts wednesday already anyway since we haven't sold the house anyway). How long this will last is to be seen, she likes to change her mind fairly regularly lol

In tank news I bought a lawnmower blenny and some snails today in an attempt to get this tank cleaned up a bit faster now that its apparently staying put for a while longer lol

Sounds like an awesome project ?
  • Like 1

This is the pic she sent me...

budget-lazy-river-swimming-pool-ZzwWR.jp

But wants larger with something like this on the island part

comfortable-design-diy-outdoor-kitchen-w

I guess it will probably be easier then building an entire house, although I know alot more about building a house then making that pond thing lol

• Like 3

Sucks about the house. We lost a crap ton on our when we sold, but bought a house for cheap as well so it was a wash, but still hurt. We went private as well.

I still wouldn't have actually lost money selling, atleast not without figuring in my time for labor on all the updates. Thankfully, I bought this place when it was pretty much rock bottom, but it still wasn't worth selling if we went any lower.

Looks like a small little project

Yeah just a little weekend thing :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 2

Been a while since I've taken any pics at all, figured I'd dust the camera off for a real quick starfish shoot.....

20745087043_5e14c49b14_z.jpg

21178317098_6a5bc16b5c_z.jpg

21178080480_f397300d3a_z.jpg

Had this little dude for a couple weeks now. Seems to be doing good :)

• Like 8

Look to be pretty good size- how big are they- great color

The macro shots can be a little deceiving on size....Its only probably 2" across, pretty sweet little dude. Has been hanging out on the glass since I got it which has been pretty cool :)

Are all three of the photos the same starfish? Or do you have three?

The pics are all of the same one. Eventually I will probably add another one as long as this one stays doing good. I had an orange linkia for over a year before. The middle close up shot I had a lens cover on so it blocked out more of the light and allowed me to steady the lens on the glass at the distance I needed to be for that particular shot.

• Like 1

Went out and picked up a new urchin to try to step up the algae removal crew. Was gonna get more snails but they didn't have many that seemed very active......

Broke out the camera again for a quick second too....

21367943579_5953eb9541_z.jpg

21554853375_b21399f6b3_z.jpg

And then I got the camera to accept a different white balance that handled the leds alot better lol

21367003848_d31f6b230b_z.jpg

• Like 7

Nice pics and nice coral!

Thanks patty :)

Woah, there's pics in this thread. :)

Hahaha Yeah don't get used to them with this kinda frequency tho just yet. Right now mostly just trying to remember how to use the damn camera in hopes that someday theres more to show :)

fluffy

Yeah that bowerbanki loves to get fluffy.... still my favorite piece :)

• Like 2

Ready for a FTS yet? Let's do it! Great colors on those pieces

Naw couple more months of the FTS probably lol

Good news though, I bought a new urchin last night because I thought my long spine was gone haven't seen it anywhere in 2 weeks.... nope just saw it along the back wall.... So 2 urchins, a rabbit, a tang and a few snails and hermits should get the mess taken care of fairly well I'm hoping. :) Might even do a water change today if time permits lol

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Wonderful shots brother!

Hey man I was just thinking I aint seen you around or noticed your thread in my notifications in a while.... hows everything doing??? :)

Thanks BTW, trying to knock the dust off the camera getting it ready to use more often again hopefully. Tank aids seem to be leaving decently, still a little bit to go but definitely getting there.

• Like 1

Sometimes I wonder how I miss such awesome threads but sure enough a find about one a day lol. Looks great! And on the little pond project, should probably make a separate section that is a coral pond with a underground viewing room.....yeah that shouldn't be to hard.

Sometimes I wonder how I miss such awesome threads but sure enough a find about one a day lol. Looks great! And on the little pond project, should probably make a separate section that is a coral pond with a underground viewing room.....yeah that shouldn't be to hard.

I dunno about an awesome thread here, slow boring with occasional pictures here and there sure :lol: Hopefully the last of the algae will clear up soon and things will settle down a little and get this thing rolling.

As amazing as that'd be, I can't imagine the heaters needed to make it happen here in MI. I still wouldn't be opposed to talking the wife into moving to TX or even FL still tho lol

• Like 1

Hey man I was just thinking I aint seen you around or noticed your thread in my notifications in a while.... hows everything doing??? :)

Thanks BTW, trying to knock the dust off the camera getting it ready to use more often again hopefully. Tank aids seem to be leaving decently, still a little bit to go but definitely getting there.

Doing well bro. Just been really busy with school and work.

• Like 1