Cultivated Reef

Chris' custom 150

Chris!

new house = white 2 story colonial = 3 floors of pure chaos right now LOL

Sounds like my perfect house.........projects as far as the eye can see!

Let's see some pics....please?

Sounds like my perfect house.........projects as far as the eye can see!

Let's see some pics....please?

Heres an outside pic lol

IMAG0009_zps4ewc8vpb.jpg

My old well was over 500 tds, over 200 after 3 whole house filters.....

IMAG0064_zpsssjd9qhl.jpg

So yeah maybe this city water really aint so bad LOL

Heres my little "reef corner" in the basement

IMAG0066_zpsahgbjwiz.jpg

Gotta beef up the old workbench/stand that was there already, extend it out some more organize, and get the rest of the stuff out of the garage :lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Like 9

Heres an outside pic lol

IMAG0009_zps4ewc8vpb.jpg

My old well was over 500 tds, over 200 after 3 whole house filters.....

IMAG0064_zpsssjd9qhl.jpg

So yeah maybe this city water really aint so bad LOL

Heres my little "reef corner" in the basement

IMAG0066_zpsahgbjwiz.jpg

Gotta beef up the old workbench/stand that was there already, extend it out some more organize, and get the rest of the stuff out of the garage :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Congrats man, looks like your in for some fun!

• Like 3

Looks like you're in the right direction sir. Glad to see something in the works ;)

I got the RO/DI hooked up lastnight that was an easy project. Screwed around trying to think of how I want the sumps/ potential fuge laid out today mostly..... out of the 4 or 5 sumps in that room right now I think only 1 will get used and one not in there will be the main one... Yeah if I'm gonna do a basement sump I am gonna #### around and do a multi stage set up with dual skimmers (both over rated for the DT), maybe a dedicated fuge, and bio-pellets with carbon dosing, AA's and who knows what else :lol:

Congrats man, looks like your in for some fun!

Thanks, it was a kinda crazy process. Glad to finally be moved in and trying to get everything figured out and in its new places :wacko: Still gotta drain the DT down and move it back 2" closer to the wall..... maybe tomorrow..... or next weekend LOL

• Like 4

Hunter S.Thompson

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Ok got ya.... mind didn't want to work lastnight lol

I really should get to draining the 150 down so I can move it back and figure out where I am drilling holes but man I don't even feel like it right now. I almost considered just throwing everything up for sale last night :lol:

Ok got ya.... mind didn't want to work lastnight lol

I really should get to draining the 150 down so I can move it back and figure out where I am drilling holes but man I don't even feel like it right now. I almost considered just throwing everything up for sale last night :lol:

Well I can understand the brain not working Sir no worries there.

It's all good it's your place do it when you want!.....

Lemme know of you have things for sale though lol ;)

• Like 1

Well I can understand the brain not working Sir no worries there.

It's all good it's your place do it when you want!.....

Lemme know of you have things for sale though lol ;)

I'll probably never actually sell off everything. Just being lazy and don't feel like messin with it all right now so much other shit to do around the house.... maybe a nap will make it all better LOL

Wish I had a basement so I could do crazy reef experiments. New place looks nice Chris, dang I miss snow :(.

I've always had a basement, most have been full of junk... going to finish the majority for the boys to have their own play area and all that. But the mechanical/ utility room is pretty big so I have a nice size area in there under the tank :)

I hate the snow. My truck has no issues with it, but its cold when it snows and thats what I really cant stand. I'd gladly send it your way but I think by the time it got there it'd just be water lol

House looks nice.......fish room - hell ya

Thanks man. Its right down town GB, close to pretty much everything.... except an LFS. Someday maybe I will just open one down here LOL I've noticed a few houses in the sub have a nice blue glow coming through the windows while driving around the neighborhood :)

Yeah the fish room will be sweet when its all done. Not quite as convenient as my old one yrs ago behind my 180 as I still have to go down stairs with this one, but if I ever get the basement sump up and running atleast I won't have to lug water up/down lol

Nice house Chris, congrats!

Thanks Mark! It needs a little updating and extra care in a few places but overall a great deal and in an excellent school system for my boys :)

• Like 3

Congratulations on the new house! I'm glad the tank move went ok. I know that has to be a ton of work! The new house looks really nice and I'm jealous of that fish area in the basement. A basement sump would be pretty sweet. Someday I want a fish room with the sump and everything else separate from the display. I hope you're getting all settled in ok!

Congratulations on the new house! I'm glad the tank move went ok. I know that has to be a ton of work! The new house looks really nice and I'm jealous of that fish area in the basement. A basement sump would be pretty sweet. Someday I want a fish room with the sump and everything else separate from the display. I hope you're getting all settled in ok!

Thanks Felicia! I need to get on a water change pretty soon, hopefully this weekend I can do that, drain the tank and move it back a few inches. I've had a couple more pieces fade away likely from the move/ removing the old sand and adding new, no light for a week, cold temps etc. but all in all it hasn't been horrible although it looks like I am losing 2 bowebanki colonies :(

The fish room is pretty sweet to have, makes it all alot easier for sure and I think I have finally devised a plan that if I ever do take the tank down or move it (as there is no room in the spot I put it to ever upgrade, tho due to window placement theres not many possibilities for an upgrade anyways lol).... I can do built in bookshelves or extend the fireplace surround out and tie it all together to hide all the holes in the floor :) LOL

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about the coral losses, but considering the move it seems like everything did pretty well overall. That's sad the bowerbankis aren't doing well though :( Now that you're all settled into a new exciting house, so can start from scratch though which is fun! Making the tank look like part of a built in situation by the fireplace with the sump down in the basement would be epic. Someday I'll own a house and get to do things like that!

Sorry to hear about the coral losses, but considering the move it seems like everything did pretty well overall. That's sad the bowerbankis aren't doing well though :( Now that you're all settled into a new exciting house, so can start from scratch though which is fun! Making the tank look like part of a built in situation by the fireplace with the sump down in the basement would be epic. Someday I'll own a house and get to do things like that!

My main bleeding apple bower is doing good. The one I was trying to send you/ eddie for a while is looking pretty rough, few heads already gone, and my yellow streaked colony and frag are both looking like toast :( Sucks losing stuff.... sucks even more losing thousands worth of stuff but seems to be the way it works for me :wacko:

• Like 1

Glad the main one is doing well! You can always grow more frags. Sorry about the other one isn't doing so well. I think that's just how things work in this hobby. I do not even want to add up the amount of money in corals I've lost over the years!

Glad the main one is doing well! You can always grow more frags. Sorry about the other one isn't doing so well. I think that's just how things work in this hobby. I do not even want to add up the amount of money in corals I've lost over the years!

Yeah the main one is pretty sweet still, mostly bummed about the yellow one....I've never seen one with yellow anywhere else and it was legit yellow not neon green "yellow" lol

I lost both my leopards too. I just have horrible reef luck. I can keep whatever just fine it seems and then a move or something stupid (like pumps) screws me over.

Sorry I'm in a bitchy mood tonight lol

Think about how many $$ in food is lost to the toilet each year. :D

I dunno, I've lost a lot of money in corals as well so I'm used to making up stuff to make me feel better.