Pod Your Reef

Chris' custom 150

Chris!

Im at CMU, and yeah I'm barely ever at home anymore maybe once every 2 months. I've got a little 10g FW tank up at school with me just because FW is easy lol.

Sweet, how you like it up there? What are you going for now? You were doing like environmental conservation or something right?

FW is easier?? My damn guppies were always breeding it seemed like more work then SW.... but I been slackin on the reef big time lately so that makes it easier right :lol::lol::lol:

lessergeneration

Sweet, how you like it up there? What are you going for now? You were doing like environmental conservation or something right?

FW is easier?? My damn guppies were always breeding it seemed like more work then SW.... but I been slackin on the reef big time lately so that makes it easier right :lol::lol::lol:

Central is central lol, drinking all the time and such but the school itself is fine and yeah I'm going for a Biology: Natural resources management with a focus in fisheries.

But hell yeah freshwater is easier haha, thats the reason i didn't get guppies the damn things are having babies every other day. At one point in my old tank i literally had over 100 guppies. Next time I'm rolling through the flint area ill have to shoot ya a text and come check out the tank sometime!

• Like 1

Central is central lol, drinking all the time and such but the school itself is fine and yeah I'm going for a Biology: Natural resources management with a focus in fisheries.

But hell yeah freshwater is easier haha, thats the reason i didn't get guppies the damn things are having babies every other day. At one point in my old tank i literally had over 100 guppies. Next time I'm rolling through the flint area ill have to shoot ya a text and come check out the tank sometime!

Well don't do to much drinking that it gets you in trouble or your having to appologize for sayin shit while you were drunk you didn't mean. I might be an asshole and say shit people don't like but atleast I always mean it :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah I thought you were focusing around fish, you wanted to do more marine bio focus but its not like we are in a great area for that huh ;)

Definitely get ahold of me man, I'm actually in downtown Grand Blanc now so a little closer now even when you are around. The tank aint much to look at right now though, I only top off on weekends, basement sumps not even close to hooked up (probably going to just throw it in the sump for a while til I get time to set the basement up like I want it....) and the tank is probably only like 1/2 full of water right now even since I haven't topped off in a week :wacko::lol:

Dang, cleaned house......what did you do with everything?

Moved it.... that was actually from when we moved. I just been super busy and aint had time to mess with the tank or pics much :lol:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
lessergeneration

Well don't do to much drinking that it gets you in trouble or your having to appologize for sayin shit while you were drunk you didn't mean. I might be an asshole and say shit people don't like but atleast I always mean it :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah I thought you were focusing around fish, you wanted to do more marine bio focus but its not like we are in a great area for that huh ;)

Definitely get ahold of me man, I'm actually in downtown Grand Blanc now so a little closer now even when you are around. The tank aint much to look at right now though, I only top off on weekends, basement sumps not even close to hooked up (probably going to just throw it in the sump for a while til I get time to set the basement up like I want it....) and the tank is probably only like 1/2 full of water right now even since I haven't topped off in a week :wacko::lol:

Yeah man, I've got the drinking part under control nowadays ahahahha, and yeah i definitely wanted to be a marine bio major but being about as far away from an ocean as you can get doesn't help with that lol.

but damn, yeah sometimes the tank isn't the highest priority i can understand that lol. We finally got the algae problem in the tank taken care of, it was as simple as reducing light time and it magically disappeared in the 2 weeks I've been gone. Time to pick up some corals again eventually!

Yeah man, I've got the drinking part under control nowadays ahahahha, and yeah i definitely wanted to be a marine bio major but being about as far away from an ocean as you can get doesn't help with that lol.

but damn, yeah sometimes the tank isn't the highest priority i can understand that lol. We finally got the algae problem in the tank taken care of, it was as simple as reducing light time and it magically disappeared in the 2 weeks I've been gone. Time to pick up some corals again eventually!

Thats good. Yeah thats what I thought you wanted to do but definitely hard here :lol:

Let me know when your ready man I've got some duplicate pieces that could use your care ;)

lessergeneration

Thats good. Yeah thats what I thought you wanted to do but definitely hard here :lol:

Let me know when your ready man I've got some duplicate pieces that could use your care ;)

That would be awesome man! i haven't had corals in god knows how long lol, i didn't want to get any when the algae would've choked them out. God it feels good to finally have that damn algae problem solved :D

• Like 1

That would be awesome man! i haven't had corals in god knows how long lol, i didn't want to get any when the algae would've choked them out. God it feels good to finally have that damn algae problem solved :D

Yeah kicking algaes ass is always good :) I sent ya a pm with my # incase you don't have it anymore. Get ahold of me I got some stuff still, hoping to make an order in a few weeks so let me know if your looking for any certain fish or types of corals and I can get ya a good deal for sure ;)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

What's going on in here? Time for an update

I scraped half an inch thick film algae off the glass for the 1st time in a few months sometime recently :lol:

• Like 3
Sk8n Reefer

I scraped half an inch thick film algae off the glass for the 1st time in a few months sometime recently :lol:

Sounds foto worthy- macro shot please ?

Chris is there a miracles aquariums in the us? Or you ordered from Canada?

I ordered direct from them in Canada. I believe there are a few places that carry standard size tanks in the US though but not sure if it would be worth it to go through a middle man ;)

Do it.

Ok in a couple months I will try to remember to scrap the glass lol

• Like 2

How were there prices vs reef savvy?

I paid less then half compared to RS. The biggest thing was Miracles was prompt and had great communication. Reef Savvy took forever to get back to me on anything and even when they finally got me a quote (about a month after my initial request) it didn't include shipping (which took another couple weeks to get). I felt like I was bothering Reef Savvy with trying to get a quote, but Derek and Kim at Miracles were great to talk to, interested in my wants and needs and executed it perfectly :)

If I were to do it all over again the only thing I would change is that I would have just went to Miracles from the start.

13043347_1608256886159859_82422736840088

Wife was wanting a new kitchen table, so I figured why not just build one :lol: Still gotta poly the tops and secure them to the bases but so far so good :)

• Like 3

13043347_1608256886159859_82422736840088

Wife was wanting a new kitchen table, so I figured why not just build one :lol: Still gotta poly the tops and secure them to the bases but so far so good :)

Looks great, man......how much is shipping to CA?

• Like 3

Looks great, man......how much is shipping to CA?

Thanks man. I'm gonna guess it would be cheaper to buy me a ticket and let me use those only partially used tools you have to knock one out then trying to ship this heavy bastard to cali :lol:

• Like 5

Looks nice man! I got a truck we can deliver to jack, when's good for you buddy?

:lol:

I've got a truck too but driving that far for a table doesn't seem as much fun lol