Coral Vue Hydros

Chris' custom 150

Chris!

What do you have going in here?

Well got the camera out for a few....

22237948813_ef9fa2633d_z.jpg

22845599002_2e9579b952_z.jpg

22440749727_74150f7a1d_z.jpg

And an FTS since I been saying I'd get one for a while now....

22237942373_087c2977e0_z.jpg

And then the camera died :lol:

Damn, nice job resurrecting that beast!

Great shots......those fishies.......are they pretty hit and miss on survival in the tank?

• Like 2

What do you have going in here?

What you mean, theres nothing goin on in here, crickets and shit lol

Damn, nice job resurrecting that beast!

Great shots......those fishies.......are they pretty hit and miss on survival in the tank?

Thanks man, the algae was pretty bad but its ALOT better now. Once they are settled in IME they are pretty hardy but getting them to eat can be tricky and shipping is rough on them.

• Like 1

Nice video, Lmao! I like the rack full of sticks. My sps are doing ok, but some just decide to run from the bottom up. I was wondering if you knew something. I added a ceramic fired 20 plug frag rock, next day I have sps dying and my 12 head Duncan white and dead. WTF?

Nice video, Lmao! I like the rack full of sticks. My sps are doing ok, but some just decide to run from the bottom up. I was wondering if you knew something. I added a ceramic fired 20 plug frag rock, next day I have sps dying and my 12 head Duncan white and dead. WTF?

Thanks, now to get them coloring up :)

Did you clean or cure the rock at all? I'd suspect something in the firing process or something, or maybe a chemical release from the material caused by the firing process that wasn't fulled cleaned or something... not to sure really but thats my guess.

• Like 1

Hey long time no see! How you been??

I brought them in ;)

Doing good, man!

Been watching your thread. Had to take my tank down last year round this time. Planning a new build. Have a stand done, have a tirgger systems ruby 30e sump, a new 8 lamp t5.......return pump....etc. All I need now is something bigger than the ADA 60-F I have laying around, and some powerheads.

Have a line on a marineland 60 cube, but I'm debating hard on it. Love cubes, but like shallow tanks more however want as much volume as I can can get. Either the cube deal, or I order up a 66 SC tank.....nice dimensions and only 20" deep. I need a small footprint for the house and the 24" 8 lamp ATI I have.

• Like 1

Doing good, man!

Been watching your thread. Had to take my tank down last year round this time. Planning a new build. Have a stand done, have a tirgger systems ruby 30e sump, a new 8 lamp t5.......return pump....etc. All I need now is something bigger than the ADA 60-F I have laying around, and some powerheads.

Have a line on a marineland 60 cube, but I'm debating hard on it. Love cubes, but like shallow tanks more however want as much volume as I can can get. Either the cube deal, or I order up a 66 SC tank.....nice dimensions and only 20" deep. I need a small footprint for the house and the 24" 8 lamp ATI I have.

Glad to hear your doin good man!

That sucks you had to take the tank down, but it happens. Atleast your plannin a new one ;) Whats the dimensions on the 66? I think I'd probably go with that depending on dimensions.

The 66 is 32" x 24" x 20". Pretty nice set up.

Just need to call them to see if I can get it drilled with 3 holes for a herbie.

I'd go with that if they can do 3 holes.

^^^Agreed. I just don't like 24"+ deep tanks.

True. I don't mind my 24" height tho, but I have long arms. + With the little ones they would be swimming every chance they get if I had a shallow LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Well we got an offer on our place today (decided to put it on the market again a couple days ago...), tho we haven't accepted it yet we are just working on hammering out a few minor details. Hopefully I don't have to move the 150 more then once since we don't even have a new place picked out yet :lol:

• Like 5

That's great news about the offer! But yeah...moving that big tank is so not going to be fun. I hope you have lots of people you can enlist for help!

Yeah we are pretty excited/ going crazy.... Been wanting this for a long time, but definitely alot of work is about to begin.... and we still have to find a new place LOL Me, my dad, and one of my friends and my father in law will pull off the whole move LOL MY dad has helped move my 180 but thats the extent of everyone elses knowledge on the tank really lol

lots of work involved but that is great news!

Yeah thankfully wife told me bout her plan to list it again before I made another acro order LOL

Coming along nice Chris! I love those leopards I want another! Mine just disappeared one day. He was bold and eating like a pig for months then gone. :(

Don't be to alarmed if its been less then a week or two, they do that sometimes. Hopefully something just spooked her and she will come out or her seasons are screwy and shes coming out a different time lol

Good news on the home sale, now the chaos begins. :)

Chaos is definitely right.... but I definitely look forward to it. It will be especially good for the kids :) The #1 house right now is walking distance (like backyard ends at the driveway) from the elementary school and about 500' from the middle school when they get to that point :)

• Like 1

Great news about the house. Let me know if I can help with the tank move in any way.

Thanks man I just might take you up on that lol... If everything falls into place like I am hoping it should go fairly smooth, we will know more for sure within the next couple days. Our house is pretty close to being a done deal, just working out some minor stuff, the next place is kinda up in the air but we are looking at what is likely our #1 choice tomorrow night.

That said I am considering taking my 40 down and moving it to my parents pool room to hold some stuff until we are settled into the new place as a little insurance policy LOL

• Like 1

Thanks man I just might take you up on that lol... If everything falls into place like I am hoping it should go fairly smooth, we will know more for sure within the next couple days. Our house is pretty close to being a done deal, just working out some minor stuff, the next place is kinda up in the air but we are looking at what is likely our #1 choice tomorrow night.

That said I am considering taking my 40 down and moving it to my parents pool room to hold some stuff until we are settled into the new place as a little insurance policy LOL

well you know I'm going to have room to hold stuff here very shortly! Depending on when the actual move happens.
  • Like 1

well you know I'm going to have room to hold stuff here very shortly! Depending on when the actual move happens.

My move is looking like it will be happening before the new year, atleast starting before, and will be wrapped up by Jan. 18th at the latest lol

• Like 3