Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Chris' custom 150

Chris!

Hey Chris! Sorry to hear about the tang and the tank leak! Man, when it rains it pours with the hobby! Hopefully you're due for some good luck now. Time to buy new fish because they should all survive! :lol:

Love those new macro shots! Seriously, that bowerbanki...drool. Love that piece :) Also, that dog is MASSIVE. So cute! I'm so used to having my little 8 lb cat. Wouldn't even know what to do what to do with a dog that size.

Yeah me and the hobby have a love hate relationship for sure.... I love it, but man it hates me lol I was going to go get some new acros today, stopped by the LFS that owes me some money armed with a pocket full of cash but 1. all the acros were bleached or dead and 2. he acted like a little bitch hiding behind the desk on the computer wouldn't hardly talk to me. Must suck being in someones debt and knowing their the kinda dick that could just pop in at anytime to see you squirm :lol: I've even been nice and was willing to see if he wanted to take some chalices and a nice size 10+ eye + easily another 10 babies (retail =75-100/eye) chunk of that bowerbanki on a trade... guess I found out why he didn't respond, hes got nothing worth trading for :wacko:

Thanks Felicia :) I've got a nice chunk waiting for ya, 5 big eyes and I think like 4-5 babies. There will be a couple other pieces too so don't go filling that new tank up to quickly ;)

The pup is an easy one, take her to the city and sell pony rides :) lol

Dear god my cat is a fatty... 16lbs... :wacko:

I have an older couple that I mow the lawn for still (I closed my lawncare business like 5-6 yrs ago) that have a 22lb cat :lol:

This hobby is DEFINITELY a love hate relationship. This hobby has been hating me quite a bit recently and I hate it back a lot of the time :lol: Too bad I also love it and its addictive!

Ugh, what a pain! I am always so bummed when I get excited to make a trip to the LFS and then the corals are disappointing. Luckily the owners of the LFS around here are all pretty cool, so I always enjoy going in and chatting with them. The owner of that LFS near you sounds like a douche.

Woah! That sounds like an awesome piece. I'm sold. Just give me a bit to get my Alk and Ca back in line and then maybe we can set up shipping. I am so going to owe you some nice frags once I get some nice corals back in this tank. All I have to give people right now is BTA splits :lol: And no rush on filling this tank up. Taking my time and being picky this time around. :D

Pony rides! Ha! That dog is definitely big enough for it. Lily (my cat) is a tiny/petite little thing. She's a little 8 lb ball of fluff :lol:

• Like 1

This hobby is DEFINITELY a love hate relationship. This hobby has been hating me quite a bit recently and I hate it back a lot of the time :lol: Too bad I also love it and its addictive!

Ugh, what a pain! I am always so bummed when I get excited to make a trip to the LFS and then the corals are disappointing. Luckily the owners of the LFS around here are all pretty cool, so I always enjoy going in and chatting with them. The owner of that LFS near you sounds like a douche.

Woah! That sounds like an awesome piece. I'm sold. Just give me a bit to get my Alk and Ca back in line and then maybe we can set up shipping. I am so going to owe you some nice frags once I get some nice corals back in this tank. All I have to give people right now is BTA splits :lol: And no rush on filling this tank up. Taking my time and being picky this time around. :D

Pony rides! Ha! That dog is definitely big enough for it. Lily (my cat) is a tiny/petite little thing. She's a little 8 lb ball of fluff :lol:

Ya know, despite all the crap luck I've had I've never hated the hobby. Been pissed at it sure, but my addiction runs deep lol Even when I was "out" I still had a little something running to keep the salt in my veins LOL And yes, the LFS guy is a douche, I just figured I'd see if I could finally get my $ out of him but there wasn't anything worth considering acro wise :(

No worries on owing me anything, Eddie earned it so you can owe him for allowing me to share it with you :lol: That Bower really is a show/ center piece type of coral, I think you will enjoy it especially once it starts getting all its colors more. Its 99% red, but there are spots starting to come in of green (it was originally a very intense bleeding apple and tho it held its deeper colors and blue/purples for months it is starting to revert back to when I got it (as you can see in my main mother colony pic). Only changes I've made is I am feeding ALOT more, and dosing acropower + coral accel every other day (one or the other daily) Do you like chalices and acans, seriously anything you/ Eddie like let me know! Being picky is a good thing, might take alittle longer to fill/grow in but in the end it will be worth it!

Tank looks awesome, man!!! Super jealous.....I'm currently tankless and planning a new build......

Thanks bro really appreciate it! What are you planning?? If you don't have a builder in mind definitely consider Miracles, well worth it (and half the cost of Reef Savvy lol) IMO!

• Like 1
lilmatty5dimes

Yeah the tang was pretty sweet, he had alot of white on him which was pretty cool and different too. LOL what do you do for work, sounds like it keeps you pretty busy :lol:

I love the miracles tank, they did an excellent job!

Yes, she is laying across 2 "seats" on our sectional. She is just over 9 months old, back is about an inch taller then a dinner table, and roughly 130-140 lbs :wacko:. Thanks, she is definitely a good lookin horse LOL

Just a Stock clerk. lol
  • Like 1

YES!!! OMG!!! A new fish! And one I LOVE :wub: So jealous right now! Such a cutie :)

No worries on owing me anything, Eddie earned it so you can owe him for allowing me to share it with you :lol: That Bower really is a show/ center piece type of coral, I think you will enjoy it especially once it starts getting all its colors more. Its 99% red, but there are spots starting to come in of green (it was originally a very intense bleeding apple and tho it held its deeper colors and blue/purples for months it is starting to revert back to when I got it (as you can see in my main mother colony pic). Only changes I've made is I am feeding ALOT more, and dosing acropower + coral accel every other day (one or the other daily) Do you like chalices and acans, seriously anything you/ Eddie like let me know! Being picky is a good thing, might take alittle longer to fill/grow in but in the end it will be worth it!

Don't tell Eddie I owe him for this! He's not going to want corals as payback ;):lol:

I just love the bright red on the bowerbanki, so even if it doesn't get too many other colors I would be super happy. I'm dosing acropower now, so hopefully that would make it happy. I like both chalices and acans. I'd love to see the options if you're offering :)

• Like 1

Just a Stock clerk. lol

Gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes, your in school too aren't you or am I thinking of someone else.... I did the stock clerk/ retail gig when I was young :)

YES!!! OMG!!! A new fish! And one I LOVE :wub: So jealous right now! Such a cutie :)

Yeah she is sweet, already eating fine foods and hasn't hid in the sand at all! I was kinda pressed for time and forgot I would be when I got her so I only temp acclimated and my lights came on as I was putting her in but she stayed out :) I would have got like 4 more but she was the only one they had. I don't normally even go to this shop because their coral is horrible but figured I'd pop in since its been probably 6+ yrs since I've really been there and checked anything out lol

Don't tell Eddie I owe him for this! He's not going to want corals as payback ;):lol:

I just love the bright red on the bowerbanki, so even if it doesn't get too many other colors I would be super happy. I'm dosing acropower now, so hopefully that would make it happy. I like both chalices and acans. I'd love to see the options if you're offering :)

He already knows, I'm gonna have to yell at him for not having you on a repayment plan already :lol:

I'm quite certain it is reverting back to the intense bright red bleeding apple (should get bright neon green streaks as well with time and as it grows) that it was when I got it. Regardless of what colors it wants to be it is a serious show piece, I think you will be very happy!

Options?? You get no options, mystery is fun! Naw whatever you like, if you see something in any of my pics I can make it happen just let me know.... I've got some bigger boxes, just cover the shipping and I can make it weigh as much as you want LOL

I really like the acropower.... if its really doing anything I don't know but I have good color, and doubt its based on my skills. Also, I definitely do get a feeding response from it as well. Which brings me to my next thing.... I broke out the DSLR and shot 77 new pics I don't know that I will get to go through and upload all the ones that turned out decent or not but I'm going to try.

• Like 1

"Thanks bro really appreciate it! What are you planning?? If you don't have a builder in mind definitely consider Miracles, well worth it (and half the cost of Reef Savvy lol) IMO!"

Yea.....Miracles is still a bit rich for my blood right now. I'm seriously considering getting an SCA tank. So far narrowed it down to the following:

1. Deep Blue 80 Rimless
  2. SCA 90
  3. 93 cube
  4. Custom 42 x 30 x 16 from a local guy.

I love tanks a bit more on the shallow side.

Nice Leopard! Mine is being housed in a friend's tank.

I've got some serious tank envy going on right now! 150 rimless?! Love it! Those acans are sweet too!

Thanks man. I would have loved to do a rimless, but I knew I would be adding wrasses and needing a top so I went with a "Eurobrace" Looks somewhat similar to a rimless as it doesn't have nearly as noticeable rim as a traditional black plastic rimed tank. The rim is actually glass, I want to say 2" strips all the way around the top.

Thanks, I really enjoy the acans as well :)

Yea.....Miracles is still a bit rich for my blood right now. I'm seriously considering getting an SCA tank. So far narrowed it down to the following:

1. Deep Blue 80 Rimless
  2. SCA 90
  3. 93 cube
  4. Custom 42 x 30 x 16 from a local guy.

I love tanks a bit more on the shallow side.

Nice Leopard! Mine is being housed in a friend's tank.

Go with the custom that'd be super sweet man! Having something built to your specs is always best :) I like the taller tanks because of the kids, the oldest would be swimming in it if he could reach LOL When I'm old and the kids are out of the house I will definitely do a look down style tank full of sick LPS :huh:

Yeah I was in an LFS and saw "leopard wrasse" on a couple tanks and the bug hit, I was like umm I'll take 5 if you have them.... sorry think we only have one :rant:

• Like 1

It looks like a rimless with a glass lid. I like the look. I always put a lid on tanks with fish anyway so yea, I dig it!

I call dibs on some acan frags when its time to trim.

It looks like a rimless with a glass lid. I like the look. I always put a lid on tanks with fish anyway so yea, I dig it!

I call dibs on some acan frags when its time to trim.

Yeah pretty much, except the glass lid doesn't go over the whole thing, just a 2" strip all the way around. Next time I take pics I will try to get a shot of it if you'd like.

I actually have frags ready to go, shoot me a pm if your serious and we can work something out :)

• Like 1
Polarcollision

How did I miss this thread? First, I am so jealous of your fish. Just love the leopard and wish I could get my hands on one, too. SO. more pics!!! Second, those acans are stunning! I don't know what else to say about them - just going to have another look.

Wait - are all those reddish donuts acans? Some look too big... what are they?

• Like 1
Polarcollision

Here are a couple "fuller" pics I just ran down and shot before the lights went out:

15859222213_bf44992966_z.jpg

16453324146_c867ab98cf_z.jpg

16477585641_2ec95b887f_z.jpg

16477588451_b2724cd60a_z.jpg

STOP posting such great pics!!!! You make me want all those coral. I can't have a larger tank in my place. Can I get a copy of the pink and white one for a desktop pic?

• Like 1

How did I miss this thread? First, I am so jealous of your fish. Just love the leopard and wish I could get my hands on one, too. SO. more pics!!! Second, those acans are stunning! I don't know what else to say about them - just going to have another look.

Wait - are all those reddish donuts acans? Some look too big... what are they?

Yes the leopard is sweet! It is the 6th leopard I have owned now, I had 2 potters, a regular (like the one I have now) a black, and an ornate leopard in the past... they are my favorite type of fish :) Thank you, I never really cared for LPS much before this tank, but they have definitely grown on me!

You mean these...

16949794062_2f07047ec4_z.jpg

Yes those are a type of acan.... bowerbanki to be exact. The other acans I have are acan lords and what most are used to being referred to as acans :)

STOP posting such great pics!!!! You make me want all those coral. I can't have a larger tank in my place. Can I get a copy of the pink and white one for a desktop pic?

Thanks! I'm really still learning with this camera and how to take decent shots so I appreciate you enjoying them! Hopefully I can continue to improve the quality of my shots :) Here is a link to my Flickr account, I don't always post everything I upload (close tho lol), but feel free to check it out. I believe you can download pictures directly from there (I've never tried it) so if you see something you like feel free. Otherwise I think you can just left click on the pics on here that you like and save them :)

Wow sorry just realized I didn't post the link to flickr..... https://www.flickr.com/photos/130597359@N03/

• Like 1

Glad to hear the leopard is doing so well for you, Chris. That's awesome news. Looks like a healthy one!

Stunning new photos. You really have a nice LPS collection going in this tank. And you're obviously doing things right because they are so puffy and happy! Love seeing your photography :) Wish I could get such nice shots of my fish. Granted, I need a real camera first :lol:

I'll let you make it a mystery. It is more fun that way...plus I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on shipping, so a small box with just a couple things would be more than plenty. Honestly, I still feel odd taking corals from you when I'm not sending you anything in exchange. So I don't want much, just to make it worthwhile to pay the shipping for the box. But anyways, not sure when will be the best time because my new gorgonian is dying :( All my other corals are happy, but that new gorg is just melting away on me. Makes me REALLY nervous to add anything nice/new to this tank. I think its still just too young and I don't have all the parameters dialed in yet. Really Chris, if you don't want to hold the frag because I know your frag tank leaked and everything is in the main tank right now, please feel free to sell it if someone is interested. I don't want to make you hold it indefinitely, but its so pretty that I'm terrified I'll kill it. That would bum me out so much!

Glad to hear the leopard is doing so well for you, Chris. That's awesome news. Looks like a healthy one!

Stunning new photos. You really have a nice LPS collection going in this tank. And you're obviously doing things right because they are so puffy and happy! Love seeing your photography :) Wish I could get such nice shots of my fish. Granted, I need a real camera first :lol:

I'll let you make it a mystery. It is more fun that way...plus I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on shipping, so a small box with just a couple things would be more than plenty. Honestly, I still feel odd taking corals from you when I'm not sending you anything in exchange. So I don't want much, just to make it worthwhile to pay the shipping for the box. But anyways, not sure when will be the best time because my new gorgonian is dying :( All my other corals are happy, but that new gorg is just melting away on me. Makes me REALLY nervous to add anything nice/new to this tank. I think its still just too young and I don't have all the parameters dialed in yet. Really Chris, if you don't want to hold the frag because I know your frag tank leaked and everything is in the main tank right now, please feel free to sell it if someone is interested. I don't want to make you hold it indefinitely, but its so pretty that I'm terrified I'll kill it. That would bum me out so much!

She is freaking me out right now, I have been slacking on making my top (trust me I know, I know!!) and she just keeps hanging around at the surface..... going to get on building that in a little bit when I finish up a couple things on here :)

I really don't know what I am doing when it comes to LPS but these guys sure are happy. Last I checked my phosphates were fairly low (I think like .03) and I feed daily. I pour (yes pour, I don't measure) acropower or coral accel in, throw in a scoop of reef roids or the other powder regularly, and don't do water changes hardly ever :lol:

No worries Felicia, I like you n Eddie so I will hold the bower as long as you need (provided I don't kill it and both my mother colonies off 1st). I think Gorgs can be touchy with different things and can get infections easily (if I recall correctly anyway) so I wouldn't worry to much but I don't blame you for being concerned and certainly want you to be comfortable taking in some new gems ;)

• Like 1

Get on that lid! Now! You're making me nervous :lol: Luckily it doesn't take too long to knock out one of those screen lids.

I've got my doser dosing 2 mL of the acropower every 3 days. I think I'll increase that to every other day. I have 3 LPS right now, the duncan colony, two heads of blastos, and a chalice. So far those all seem happy, so hopefully the bowerbanki would do well. I've just had such horrible luck lately that I'm nervous I'm going to kill any nice pieces I get. You are too kind! If you really don't mind holding it for a while then that would be amazing. Just a couple weeks hopefully for me to get everything dialed in. I just set up the doser earlier this week, so nothing is very stable yet.

And yeah, honestly I think the gorg just may be the type that doesn't do well in aquariums. It came in a shipment from Indonesia and the LFS had just gotten it, so they hadn't had time to see how they would do. I thought it was a photosynthetic one because its purple, but I think it actually may be an NPS species and those seem to be way touchier. There are a bunch of NPS species that just do not do well in aquariums, so that may be the issue. Still such a bummer because it was so pretty. Its just rapidly losing flesh on me, so I don't think there's any saving it :(

I actually thought that gorg was a NPS piece anyways. The polyps kinda reminded me of some of the other ones I've seen listed as NPS but who knows. It definitely sucks, it was a sweet piece for sure! :(

No worries, weeks, months whatever it takes to get things dialed in and ready :) Besides I get in good with you I can get you to convince Eddie to send me some of those acros he doesn't like to cut :lol:

lilmatty5dimes

Gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes, your in school too aren't you or am I thinking of someone else.... I did the stock clerk/ retail gig when I was young :)

Think it's someone else. Yea trying to move up with publix. Going for a good retirement plan. Lol

• Like 1