Innovative Marine Aquariums

Chris' custom 150

Chris!

I was thinking of taking the kids to that this weekend. Was it worth the price of admission? Seems a little steep and I heard the exhibit is actually pretty small.

If your kids are into fish (mine really liked the large shark and ray exhibit, we could have stayed at that one all day) IMO its worth it just because anything they like is worth it to me. I'd do anything to see them smile and enjoy life :) Also, if you order tickets online I believe the wife said it was a little cheaper, we ordered them for today before it was even actually open so I'm not sure if that is still the case or not...

That said, yeah it is kinda small and its not something I would do every weekend or anytime soon again really but it was pretty cool at the same time. It would have been nice to have better lighting (I couldn't use my DSLR for anything kept saying to dark....) as alot of the smaller tanks were lower light but it was a nice experience all the same.

• Like 1

Pretty cool, glad to see your kids love the ocean too!

Yeah the both had a great time. :)

That looks like fun! Glad to see your starting the kids on the addiction young :)

It was pretty cool, could have been better but certainly could have been worse too lol I'm pretty sure the oldest would love a tank in his room..... he just doesn't get that he can't play in the water yet :lol:

They both liked the seahorse exhibit as well ;)

Auburn Hills, its in the Great Lakes mall (not sure it was around when you lived this way...).... by the Palace.

Ya- GL mall was there- that's not a bad drive- looked like a fun day !

Ya- GL mall was there- that's not a bad drive- looked like a fun day !

Ok cool, I wasn't to sure but knew you'd probably know the palace anyways.

Yeah its not a bad drive, bout 45 miles each way. The boys really enjoyed it :)

• Like 1

If your kids are into fish (mine really liked the large shark and ray exhibit, we could have stayed at that one all day) IMO its worth it just because anything they like is worth it to me. I'd do anything to see them smile and enjoy life :) Also, if you order tickets online I believe the wife said it was a little cheaper, we ordered them for today before it was even actually open so I'm not sure if that is still the case or not...

That said, yeah it is kinda small and its not something I would do every weekend or anytime soon again really but it was pretty cool at the same time. It would have been nice to have better lighting (I couldn't use my DSLR for anything kept saying to dark....) as alot of the smaller tanks were lower light but it was a nice experience all the same.

Cool, Thanks for the info. We'll likely head over there at some point. Wife says plans have changed for this weekend though. I was just afraid that they would be disappointed with it after their experience at Newport Aquarium. We did spend an entire day there. That place is great!

• Like 1

Cool, Thanks for the info. We'll likely head over there at some point. Wife says plans have changed for this weekend though. I was just afraid that they would be disappointed with it after their experience at Newport Aquarium. We did spend an entire day there. That place is great!

Yeah its definitely not something huge or that you will likely spend more then an hour-hr and a half at but all the kids there did seem to enjoy it and be interested in the exhibits atleast :)

As an adult, it definitely could have been bigger and cooler for sure... but its more geared towards our wallets then our amazement. The lighting could have been better to have been able to get more pictures of the kids infront of the tanks, my DSLR kept saying to dark, and it was, so I had to use my phone which isn't the greatest IMO. I still don't regret going, and feel it was worth it for us because the kids enjoyed it.... had they not had a good time and liked it of course it wouldn't have been worth it but thats with anything IMO.

• Like 1

Always hungry:

16292348857_d72102ace1_z.jpg

15855723544_ed5f222ffa_z.jpg

16290828670_280c8df6a1_z.jpg

This piece is always so hungry it often puts out little feeder filaments from the body as well as the normal feeder tentacles!
16476516131_a97b7358e8_z.jpg

And some other shots:

16477292292_53d3dea52d_z.jpg

16476512101_3d629bf13c_z.jpg

16291992339_0a847b8c51_z.jpg

16452247696_95973cd128_z.jpg

16291991999_ed41d27488_z.jpg

• Like 6

YEAH!

You like? :D

These photos are great! Love the colors you captured and I'm always a huge fan of nice macro shots. You have some really nice LPS pieces!

Thanks Felicia, I'm trying to get some decent shots! I don't throw away nearly as many pics before the guys helped me with my settings..... That super hungry bower is waiting for a friend ;)

Awesome colorful pics!

Thank you! :)

• Like 1

Thanks Felicia, I'm trying to get some decent shots! I don't throw away nearly as many pics before the guys helped me with my settings..... That super hungry bower is waiting for a friend ;)

I can't wait to get my tank back in good shape, so I'll want to practice my photo skills. I'm getting the itch to do more macro aquarium shots from seeing your photos. I will totally take that bowerbanki frag off your hands once my tank is ready :) I just love that one! I was in my LFS again yesterday and was once again admiring the cherry red bowerbanki mini colony they have for sale. Don't know why I'm liking those so much right now.

• Like 1

I need a new desktop picture.

U got a good lookin girl break out the camera lol

I can't wait to get my tank back in good shape, so I'll want to practice my photo skills. I'm getting the itch to do more macro aquarium shots from seeing your photos. I will totally take that bowerbanki frag off your hands once my tank is ready :) I just love that one! I was in my LFS again yesterday and was once again admiring the cherry red bowerbanki mini colony they have for sale. Don't know why I'm liking those so much right now.

I can't wait to see your new tank up and running so we can see your skills :) Glad to hear you like them enough to want to do some of your own, I am sure Eddie can show you how to seemingly not even try and get amazing shots. I don't know how he does it, dudes got skill tho! You'll have to take that up with the one I'm shipping it to.... but I don't think you will be sad if you get that piece or not ;) I know why your liking em... look at them they are sweet! Mine is my favorite piece really, and the one I enjoy shooting the most in my DT.

• Like 1

Do you have an un-cropped version of the first one?

1st two aren't cropped at all, just shot close w/ my macro lens. The last two I cropped very slightly in lightroom.

• Like 1

1st two aren't cropped at all, just shot close w/ my macro lens. The last two I cropped very slightly in lightroom.

Anddddd. I have my new work desktop background.

ChrisPhoto.jpg

Thank you good sir.

• Like 2