ReefCleaners.org

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

I can't see the images unless I visit flickr directly so I copied the one I wanted to comment on. :D

rgk0RGT.jpg

The blue and green fuzz likes are simply awesome. My purple fuzz looks good, then looks pale, then looks good again. I think it NEEDS higher nitrates to look good.

• Like 4

I've added some frag racks to the tank, so it's starting to look a little like a junk yard. But that's OK, I happen to like junk yards.

I was going to crop out a close up of the chalice in this picture, but I think the whole picture looks nice as is. But anyway, that's why only the chalice in focus.

23276222409_08d6c3af23_b.jpgChalice by TeenyReef, on Flickr

The SPS continue to encrust. The one on top colors up a little bit when I lower the nitrates even a little bit and goes brown again when they go back up. That's why there's color only on the tips. The one in the lower left is always poop brown, and probably won't change until I get the nitrates a lot lower. At least that's my theory. The one in the lower right was a nice mix of green and yellow, but when my nitrates went back up last week, it turned more of a solid green.

23276606629_61de342f35_b.jpgIM10 Acros by TeenyReef, on Flickr

And here's a larger top down shot:

23535969862_298a843307_b.jpgIM10 Top Down by TeenyReef, on Flickr

These photos are so incredibly amazing I have to bring them to the new page :wub:.

You guys are almost making me miss my caps LOL.

I'm really loving your GBG santa styling avatar!

• Like 2

I can't see the images unless I visit flickr directly so I copied the one I wanted to comment on. :D

rgk0RGT.jpg

The blue and green fuzz likes are simply awesome. My purple fuzz looks good, then looks pale, then looks good again. I think it NEEDS higher nitrates to look good.

Thanks, Mark! I'm really paranoid that if I reduce nitrates too much bad things will happen. That's why I'm trying to do it very conservatively. All I'm really doing is changing corbon/gfo twice a month instead of once a month, stirring gravel more regularly, and doing an occasion extra water change in the middle of the week. I'm still feeding heavily.

Edit: sand, not gravel. I'm betraying my old freshwater roots :lol:

These photos are so incredibly amazing I have to bring them to the new page :wub:.

You guys are almost making me miss my caps LOL.

I'm really loving your GBG santa styling avatar!

Thanks, Gena! Those caps were simply amazing in your old tank. That was one of my earliest inspirations when I first got on NR.

I love my santa GBG. My daughter is majoring in photography so I outsourced the work. It literally took her three minutes :)

• Like 3

Teeny, these pics are blowing my mind.

Aw, thanks, Nola Bear! Keep up the good work in your tank :)

Tank is looking great. Loving that fuzzy Acro. :naughtydance:

Thanks, Shawn! I'm so glad you're back and posting more pictures! And that baby of yours is seriously cute :wub:

• Like 2

I scraped algae and changed water in three tanks tonight. Feeling virtuous :D

Here's the tank at night after the water change:

23132360573_ee897a0a8a_b.jpgIM10 at Night by TeenyReef, on Flickr

looking at your caps then looking at mine is making me sad =(. hahahah

I know, those black bugs really suck! At least monti caps will grow back fast once you get rid of the bugs fingerscrossed

These pictures are great and my girlfriend and i got a good laugh out of your avatar. Your daughter is awesome hah!

Thanks! She is definitely awesome! Of course, when I asked her to do it she was working on a paper at college so she was happy for an excuse to do something else :)

• Like 7

I scraped algae and changed water in three tanks tonight. Feeling virtuous :D

Here's the tank at night after the water change:

23132360573_ee897a0a8a_b.jpgIM10 at Night by TeenyReef, on Flickr

I know, those black bugs really suck! At least monti caps will grow back fast once you get rid of the bugs fingerscrossed

Thanks! She is definitely awesome! Of course, when I asked her to do it she was working on a paper at college so she was happy for an excuse to do something else :)

Haha thats awesome maybe it even gave her some inspiration! who knows, but thats awesome regardless! ha

• Like 2

Oh....LOVE that angle you shot! You can really see how the green monticap is plating :wub:.

Thanks, Gena! It's going crazy - I have to constantly trim it back to keep it out of the SPS. Not that I'm complaining :)

• Like 1

Thanks, Gena! It's going crazy - I have to constantly trim it back to keep it out of the SPS. Not that I'm complaining :)

Yep...I know that maintenance all too well. At least it's super easy to trim :).
  • Like 2

Yep...I know that maintenance all too well. At least it's super easy to trim :).

Speaking of which...oops :unsure:

23698202441_a37a111854_b.jpgGreen Monti Frag by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Anybody interested in a really big chunk of green monticap? Or a little one? I have these two and a couple more small ones available. I don't plan to advertise them for sale until after Christmas.

• Like 8

Are you making room for more additions, or did you start to see conflict?

Also, those montis are drool worthy.

Thanks! I accidentally broke off the whole top piece when all I was trying to do was trim a little off to leave more room for the acros.

That's a nice chunk :wub:.

I know, right? Hopefully someone is interested in it, although I have no idea how to ship it without risking it breaking!

There's a whole second layer beneath this piece, so it should recover pretty quickly. My biggest problem is that I don't have room anywhere to keep the frag, so it's just laying on top right now :mellow:

Edit: just to be clear, I'm talking about the big piece I'm holding in the tongs, not the little chunk on top :D

• Like 1

Man I would love it but I'm guessing just shipping that would be killer on price:( it's a beautiful piece!

Monti caps usually do fine with 2 day shipping. But this time of year I wouldn't trust "2 day" to really be "2 day"!

• Like 1

Speaking of which...oops :unsure:

23698202441_a37a111854_b.jpgGreen Monti Frag by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Anybody interested in a really big chunk of green monticap? Or a little one? I have these two and a couple more small ones available. I don't plan to advertise them for sale until after Christmas.

Holy crap that's beautiful!!! I don't have green but shipping would probably be a killer!

Beautiful piece though, GLWTS!

• Like 1

I have a buyer for the big frag, with shipping planned for after Christmas. However, I have several fully healed frags of the green that I'd be happy to sell or trade for. They should be able to handle two day shipping with no problem once two day is really two day again.

ill take some green cap :D

Sure, I can send you a small frag. PM me!

I'll trade you a big purple cap and a starburst frag? :lol:

If you'd like a small frag, send me a PM. A starbust would be cool, but I don't think I have any room for another cap :D

• Like 1

Dang- I had to look at that picture a few times- at first I only saw the smaller piece-now I realize the whole top piece is loose - instant colony for someone ?

• Like 2

As of right now, I won't be back at work for 17 days!!!

I finally got a new tailspot blenny at the LFS on the way home. I was just at the LFS and asked if they had any tailspot blennies or pom pom crabs. The owner was nice enough to add some to his last order and they came in yesterday. The pom pom is going in the 4g tank, along with a nice neon blue mushroom.

23209767743_cb5fb9a0a3_b.jpgTailspot Blenny by TeenyReef, on Flickr

23540855490_e60ea13944_b.jpgChiilin' in the Monti by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 9