Cultivated Reef

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

Now I'm torn on a third fish. Thanks again, Teeny. Diabolical :lol:

(in order of general wantedness)

TSB (awesome)

Court jester goby (awesome - sand sifter+)

Green Clown Goby (really cool looking, but with how lethargic it is, I'd be afraid that I'd always worry about whether it is sick/dying...)

Green Banded Goby (awesome)

Honorable Mention

Yellow Banded Possum Wrasse (great coloration, but haven't done much research on them)

• Like 1

I have a buyer for the big frag, with shipping planned for after Christmas. However, I have several fully healed frags of the green that I'd be happy to sell or trade for. They should be able to handle two day shipping with no problem once two day is really two day again.

Sure, I can send you a small frag. PM me!

If you'd like a small frag, send me a PM. A starbust would be cool, but I don't think I have any room for another cap :D

Does it need 1 day or 2 day shipping? 1 day is expensive! :lol:

• Like 1

Does it need 1 day or 2 day shipping? 1 day is expensive! :lol:

No, monti caps do just fine with two day. Gena did some experiments involving sticking her idaho grapes in a refrigerator for several days and they all survived - they're tough corals :owned:

Now I'm torn on a third fish. Thanks again, Teeny. Diabolical :lol:

(in order of general wantedness)

TSB (awesome)

Court jester goby (awesome - sand sifter+)

Green Clown Goby (really cool looking, but with how lethargic it is, I'd be afraid that I'd always worry about whether it is sick/dying...)

Green Banded Goby (awesome)

Honorable Mention

Yellow Banded Possum Wrasse (great coloration, but haven't done much research on them)

Don't forget the clown gobies will nibble on SPS, and will hump smaller LPS to death. I had to get rid of my black clown goby because he wouldn't stop laying on top of the acans :(

I'd also nominate pink streaked wrasse (which I have too :) )

Christmas party at Stella's. New Year party at your place.

Oh yeah! :naughtydance:

House looks great!

Also my tail spot was one of my favorite fish i've owned. Ill need to get another one soon.

FYI top will be finished soon after the holidays!

Thanks! And...schweet! :) :)

• Like 1

No, monti caps do just fine with two day. Gena did some experiments involving sticking her idaho grapes in a refrigerator for several days and they all survived - they're tough corals :owned:

Don't forget the clown gobies will nibble on SPS, and will hump smaller LPS to death. I had to get rid of my black clown goby because he wouldn't stop laying on top of the acans :(

I'd also nominate pink streaked wrasse (which I have too :) )

Oh yeah! :naughtydance:

In that case I would love a frag! :)

You & StellaBlue take it for Christmas home scenes that need to be in magazines! So beautiful. Looks so well put together. Love the name of your tsb. Has he relaxed a little and lost his scared stripes?

A little - he still doesn't come out much. He hides under the loose green monticap that is getting shipped out next week, so he'll have to find a new home. I'm not too worried, there are lots of holes in this live rock that are perfect for little fish.

That first pic of Squidward is so precious. He is about the cutest thing I have ever seen!

Thanks! I've been waiting quite a while for the LFS to get another one in :)

Sweet TSB! I was thinking about adding one to my fusion 10 too. Squidward is a nice name for him!!

As soon as my daughter saw him, she said "he looks just like Squidward!"

• Like 1

I have six now, but except for the clown they are all very small and like to hide in the rocks and hunt things. Two green banded gobies, two clowns, one pink streaked wrasse, and the tail spot blenny.

You have six fish in that fusion ten? Thats awesome. I always feel guilty when I think about another fish in mine. I don't think my damsel will be too nice anyway, but I may get rid of him and do a firefish and maybe a blenny (two fish I have never kept before).

Whats your water change routine?

• Like 1

Neat to see the favite recovery process -- almost like watching a time-lapse photo show. Very interesting, and glad to see they're making a comeback.

Thanks! When it's all the way back I'll put all the pics together in one post :)

You have six fish in that fusion ten? Thats awesome. I always feel guilty when I think about another fish in mine. I don't think my damsel will be too nice anyway, but I may get rid of him and do a firefish and maybe a blenny (two fish I have never kept before).

Whats your water change routine?

Well, they are mostly very small fish that don't bother anyone else and don't create much bioload :)

I change about 25% every Sunday, with an occasional mid-week change. I'm working on slowly reducing nitrates and phosphates, as they are a little higher than I'd like right now.

Your Christmas house looks gorgeous! I expected to see more penguins in the photos though :).

Thanks, Gena! Our Christmas theme is snowmen, though. But I'll just leave this here :D

• Like 4

Merry Christmas, everyone!

My daughter gave me the best Christmas present - a framed print of one of her photography projects from college. It's a collage of hundreds of random photographs, made into a mandarin goby. :wub:

23973921505_00fa235c96_b.jpg20151225-untitled-008.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Here's the original digital image. It's really fun zooming in to see what all the pictures are. I can't believe she actually made this :bowdown:

23345677354_6433803743_b.jpgMandarin Goby - SCB 2015 by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 25
Obsessed Reefer

My daughter gave me the best Christmas present - a framed print of one of her photography projects from college. It's a collage of hundreds of random photographs, made into a mandarin goby. :wub:

Here's the original digital image. It's really fun zooming in to see what all the pictures are. I can't believe she actually made this :bowdown:

That's freaking awesome! You should post it in the Mandarin thread, I'm sure everyone will love it there.

• Like 1

Perfect over a tank!

It's in the study close to the tank!

That's freaking awesome! You should post it in the Mandarin thread, I'm sure everyone will love it there.

Thanks and I will!

That's amazing !!! That's something she could make some $$$ off of,let alone a happy fahja !!!

Yeah, she's really talented. It's a pity that artists can't really make a living without being lucky too :(

Today I shipped out the big green monticap frag that broke off the top. Of course, it broke in half while I was bagging it up :furious:

To cover the bare spot, I took one of the frags that's been growing in my frag tank and placed it on top. My frag tank is an awful place where nothing really grows other than GHA, but that's another story. This is a great example of how colors in corals can change just due to nutrient levels. In the frag tank there's plenty of light, but the nutrients are out of control and the algae grows like crazy. As a result, the monti cap frags will grow but they turn brown/yellow instead of green.

I'm taking a picture of it now just to document the color change now that it's back in a good environment fingerscrossed

23739212470_02c94f9b7c_b.jpgIM10 Top Down - 2015-12-28 by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 10

It's in the study close to the tank!Thanks and I will!Yeah, she's really talented. It's a pity that artists can't really make a living without being lucky too :( Today I shipped out the big green monticap frag that broke off the top. Of course, it broke in half while I was bagging it up :furious: To cover the bare spot, I took one of the frags that's been growing in my frag tank and placed it on top. My frag tank is an awful place where nothing really grows other than GHA, but that's another story. This is a great example of how colors in corals can change just due to nutrient levels. In the frag tank there's plenty of light, but the nutrients are out of control and the algae grows like crazy. As a result, the monti cap frags will grow but they turn brown/yellow instead of green. I'm taking a picture of it now just to document the color change now that it's back in a good environment fingerscrossed23739212470_02c94f9b7c_b.jpgIM10 Top Down - 2015-12-28 by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Your tank looks huge lol.
  • Like 1

How much would a 1x1 frag of that monti cap be? When I get my tank cycled in a few weeks I would love a frag of that.

PM sent :)

They grow fast so it's pretty easy to provide frags.

Your tank looks huge lol.

Heh, that's what she said...wait, wrong movie :lol:

Seriously, I think it's because of all the little frags. I need to rearrange soon :rolleyes:

Very talented. That must have taken forever!

It's in the study close to the tank!

Thanks and I will!

Yeah, she's really talented. It's a pity that artists can't really make a living without being lucky too :(

Today I shipped out the big green monticap frag that broke off the top. Of course, it broke in half while I was bagging it up :furious:

To cover the bare spot, I took one of the frags that's been growing in my frag tank and placed it on top. My frag tank is an awful place where nothing really grows other than GHA, but that's another story. This is a great example of how colors in corals can change just due to nutrient levels. In the frag tank there's plenty of light, but the nutrients are out of control and the algae grows like crazy. As a result, the monti cap frags will grow but they turn brown/yellow instead of green.

I'm taking a picture of it now just to document the color change now that it's back in a good environment fingerscrossed

23739212470_02c94f9b7c_b.jpgIM10 Top Down - 2015-12-28 by TeenyReef, on Flickr

I just don't understand how all of this lives in harmony :bowdown:

• Like 1

It does look huge for a 10 gallon fusion......

Looks Sweet!

Thanks!

Fantastic looking, and that picture is such a wonderful gift. Congrats. :)

Thanks, Mark. I love looking at it in the study :)

That is beyond fantastic :bowdown:.

Thanks, Gena! It's pretty cool when the kids start to do things we could never do :)

Very talented. That must have taken forever!

I just don't understand how all of this lives in harmony :bowdown:

I know, right? It does help to be really familiar with each coral so that they are all in just the right place and don't kill each other. As it is, I lost two nice acro frags that STN'd when some of the zoas got too close!

Time for the weekly update picture of the evil favites recovery. The color has come back pretty much all over except right on top, and the polyps on top are getting bigger. Soon they should cover over the exposed skeleton and the algae will be gone :)

You can see where I target fed some mysis shrimp to the polyps. Meaty food is key to help corals like this grow fast!

24056686415_9ca0f08103_b.jpgEvil Favites by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 2

For the first time ever, I was able to get pictures of every fish in the tank in one session omgomgomg

This TSB (Squidward) pic isn't great but I'm going with it just so there's a complete set.

23761043590_12ab073896_b.jpgSquidward by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Here's Washington (formerly known as GBG #1):

24056681855_350f6ccc81_b.jpgWashington by TeenyReef, on Flickr

And here's Jefferson (formerly known as GBG #2):

23429938323_0ee6a0a33d_b.jpgJefferson by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Humphrey and Dilbert trying to host the blastos:

23688841349_223503fd91_b.jpgHumphrey and Dilbert by TeenyReef, on Flickr

And finally, some rare pictures of Fitzgerald :)

23688314749_10a5227b61_b.jpgFitzgerald by TeenyReef, on Flickr

He started kissing himself in the glass :lol:

23427918434_3222449bed_b.jpgFitzgerald Loves Fitzgerald by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 11