Pod Your Reef

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

Stella and I did a little coral trading this week. I sent some of my GSP and monti cap frags to her, and in return she sent me a few macro clippings. I definitely think I got the best end of the deal omgomgomg

SO MANY MACROS!!

23460457084_686ae1c2a7_b.jpgSO MANY MACROS!!! by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Ready to unbag:

24062623446_7312772b6b_b.jpgUnpacking Macros by TeenyReef, on Flickr

They were well packed and are in great shape :)

23980592192_3c3a494b5d_b.jpgMacros!! by TeenyReef, on Flickr

There were so many I had no idea where to put them all in my little tank. These are the kind of problems that are good to have. Makes me think even harder about a bigger tank :)

I made a little garden on the right side of the tank. This shot is through the right side glass. I love this picture because there's so much going on - Jefferson (GBG #2) is photobombing on the right, and the sexy shrimp are hosting the flower nem on the left.

24088707895_95ea0115f2_b.jpgMacro Garden by TeenyReef, on Flickr

I relocated the ric garden back towards the middle of the tank where the flow is lower - hopefully they'll do better there. I added a cute little baby gorg frag and put one of the macros right behind them because it's so pretty :wub:

23720900959_6c9bb099db_b.jpgBaby Gorg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 8

Stella and I did a little coral trading this week. I sent some of my GSP and monti cap frags to her, and in return she sent me a few macro clippings. I definitely think I got the best end of the deal omgomgomg

SO MANY MACROS!!

Ready to unbag:

There were so many I had no idea where to put them all in my little tank. These are the kind of problems that are good to have. Makes me think even harder about a bigger tank :)

I made a little garden on the right side of the tank. This shot is through the right side glass. I love this picture because there's so much going on - Jefferson (GBG #2) is photobombing on the right, and the sexy shrimp are hosting the flower nem on the left.

I relocated the ric garden back towards the middle of the tank where the flow is lower - hopefully they'll do better there. I added a cute little baby gorg frag and put one of the macros right behind them because it's so pretty :wub:

Looks great!!! That little baby gorg is so cute! Do you know what kind it is? The coloring is so unique!

Ha! I'm not sure about you getting the better end of the deal, Teeny. I say I did :)

• Like 2

Looks great!!! That little baby gorg is so cute! Do you know what kind it is? The coloring is so unique!

Ha! I'm not sure about you getting the better end of the deal, Teeny. I say I did :)

Then it was the best kind of trade! :D

The gorg is a purple gorg I got from Eddie (Zia) as a freebie when I bought some acros from him. The original is growing up top to the right of the green monti. It was really interesting when the monti got close to the gorg. The monti grew a perfect little half circle around the gorg, so I thought it was fine. But then I noticed that the flesh of the gorg was completely gone where the monti had touched it. So I just cut off the top and laid it in the sand. I finally got around to gluing it up the other night :)

• Like 2

Then it was the best kind of trade! :D

The gorg is a purple gorg I got from Eddie (Zia) as a freebie when I bought some acros from him. The original is growing up top to the right of the green monti. It was really interesting when the monti got close to the gorg. The monti grew a perfect little half circle around the gorg, so I thought it was fine. But then I noticed that the flesh of the gorg was completely gone where the monti had touched it. So I just cut off the top and laid it in the sand. I finally got around to gluing it up the other night :)

I think I got the same form Zia!

• Like 1
Marc.The.Shark

SO MANY MACROS!!

Ready to unbag:

Holy Crap! That orange one is insane! What is it, if I may ask? Lol. Looks awesome in the tank, like the little garden area!

• Like 3

Holy Crap! That orange one is insane! What is it, if I may ask? Lol. Looks awesome in the tank, like the little garden area!

I love that one :)

I see I cleverly covered up Stella's label for that bag when I took the picture, but I think it's Portieria. I'm pretty sure it is orange from being in the dark in the box and will turn red soon. Most of the pictures I see online are red, but it would be really cool if it stays dayglo orange like it is now fingerscrossed

Great trade for both of you! I think your running out of room though teeny

Thanks! Well, running out of room is the secret goal, so I will have to get a bigger tank :)

• Like 4

I love that one :)

I see I cleverly covered up Stella's label for that bag when I took the picture, but I think it's Portieria. I'm pretty sure it is orange from being in the dark in the box and will turn red soon. Most of the pictures I see online are red, but it would be really cool if it stays dayglo orange like it is now fingerscrossed

Thanks! Well, running out of room is the secret goal, so I will have to get a bigger tank :)

I was going to say, I didn't know what that one was but I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be that cool orange :lol: If it doesn't make it, I'll send you more! that's the only one that looks kind of funky. But that dayglo orange is freaking cool as hell!

• Like 2

Wow!!!!

Those Macros look amazing, and tank looks great too!!!

Thanks! The biggest mistake I made with this tank was to get an emerald crab when I was freaked out about too much algae during the ugly tank phase. I had started with uncured live rock and it had lots of interesting macro algae. After the emerald crab was done, no more algae. I'm really excited to have macros again :)

I was going to say, I didn't know what that one was but I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be that cool orange :lol: If it doesn't make it, I'll send you more! that's the only one that looks kind of funky. But that dayglo orange is freaking cool as hell!

It seems quite healthy, it's just a "different" color :D

• Like 1

Thanks! The biggest mistake I made with this tank was to get an emerald crab when I was freaked out about too much algae during the ugly tank phase. I had started with uncured live rock and it had lots of interesting macro algae. After the emerald crab was done, no more algae. I'm really excited to have macros again :)

It seems quite healthy, it's just a "different" color :D

I hope it stays that color!!! It is really cool looking!

• Like 1

Nah, it's too cute to be evil. If it's bad I don't wanna know B)

Edit: I just realized it looks exactly like one arm of a small starfish...

I had a crazy sea slug as a hitchhiker that eats caulerpa! The thing had horns and a crazy scary face! And it was bright freaking green! It was NOT cute :)

• Like 1

It DOES look like that!!

Or possibly some kind of nudi.

Very interesting, regardless.

On another note, whenever I got red Macros that looked that color after shipping, it meant they were very stressed. I hope it makes it and colors back up.

• Like 2

It DOES look like that!!

Or possibly some kind of nudi.

Very interesting, regardless.

On another note, whenever I got red Macros that looked that color after shipping, it meant they were very stressed. I hope it makes it and colors back up.

Thanks for the insight - you definitely would know! It makes sense to me too, after all, with regular plants unusually light colors usually means that plant is almost dead. Fingers crossed :)

What the heck is that!

Did you steal that from my thread? I just posted that have two of them. Consensus says asteria that split.

I just spotted this guy crawling across the front glass. He's very small, about 1/4" long. I have no idea what he is but he seems cute :)

23797276060_8ffd7d5030_b.jpgMystery Critter by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 1

Woah, that is really neat looking. I'll have to watch out for those if my asterina ever splits.

• Like 1

HOLY MACROS! They're awesome. Is Stella my friend ya I think so. aha!

So the orange macro - that's not a happy color. Hope it recovers but it could melt on you.

She's a great friend to have :D

The macro is still orange today, starting to look a little stringy. It's probably not going to end well :unsure:

i just read through this whole thread... Impressive teenyreef very impressive That was a fabulous build...

Wow! That's a lot of reading - thanks! I like your avatar - I have lots of penguin pics in my 4g thread :)

Yes, it is an asterina star leg :)

Woah, that is really neat looking. I'll have to watch out for those if my asterina ever splits.

I knew they could lose legs and grow them back, but I never realized that just one leg could do it's own thing. Very cool!

• Like 2