Coral Vue Hydros

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

What're your params ? Depending on the morph some like dirtier water and lower light some like cleaner water and higher light.. It's just trying to find that happy medium lol. All of mine morphed too,so I feel your pain man.

• Like 1

My daughter is so awesome! She took time out of working on a final paper at college to do a quick Photoshop job for my Christmas avatar. It literally took her about two minutes to do it. I would taken weeks :lol:

23618097146_c2afcde9be_m.jpgGBG Santa by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 8

How many inverts are in the tank?

Let's see if I can figure it out...two sexy shrimp, one or two small hermits, a bunch of assorted snails, some baby limpets, vermetid snails, bristleworms, spaghetti worms, and I've spotted a little white crab once or twice but haven't seen him in months. Plus the RFA and the curlicue anemone. And I've seen one or two mussel looking things hidden in the rocks but they seem to move around. Or they just die and then come back, I'm not sure which :)

• Like 1

That's good news! It looks kind of like an asterina but a little bigger, with a more blueish color.Thanks, Cindy! I do love my clowns in spite of the havoc they wreak on the palys :) Wow, I just realized that as of November 12, this tank is one year old! I have really learned a lot, but there's still a lot to work on! Here's the happy first birthday FTS: 23008158052_d1e5279471_b.jpgIM10 FTS 2015-11-14 by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Beautiful!
  • Like 3

TEENY I GOT ANOTHER TANK OMG IM SO BAD

Wait! What? Where?

Nvm, I just found the build thread you started. I got the first reply :)

What're your params ? Depending on the morph some like dirtier water and lower light some like cleaner water and higher light.. It's just trying to find that happy medium lol. All of mine morphed too,so I feel your pain man.

"Happy medium" is exactly the challenge :D

The tank is very dirty right now. Nitrates around 20 the other day, and PO4 was up around .2. I'm trying to slowly get it a little cleaner without hurting the stuff that's doing well.

I really do think the lighting was too intense, though. We'll see what happens!

Beautiful!

Thanks, Lawn! I need to check in on your thread but every time I get ready to, I realize I'm another ten pages behind :lol:

• Like 3

Wait! What? Where?

Nvm, I just found the build thread you started. I got the first reply :)

"Happy medium" is exactly the challenge :D

The tank is very dirty right now. Nitrates around 20 the other day, and PO4 was up around .2. I'm trying to slowly get it a little cleaner without hurting the stuff that's doing well.

I really do think the lighting was too intense, though. We'll see what happens!

Thanks, Lawn! I need to check in on your thread but every time I get ready to, I realize I'm another ten pages behind :lol:

It's a train wreck :rolleyes: I am going to start a real build thread for my Red Sea tank soon.
  • Like 6

I've added some frag racks to the tank, so it's starting to look a little like a junk yard. But that's OK, I happen to like junk yards.

I was going to crop out a close up of the chalice in this picture, but I think the whole picture looks nice as is. But anyway, that's why only the chalice in focus.

23276222409_08d6c3af23_b.jpgChalice by TeenyReef, on Flickr

The SPS continue to encrust. The one on top colors up a little bit when I lower the nitrates even a little bit and goes brown again when they go back up. That's why there's color only on the tips. The one in the lower left is always poop brown, and probably won't change until I get the nitrates a lot lower. At least that's my theory. The one in the lower right was a nice mix of green and yellow, but when my nitrates went back up last week, it turned more of a solid green.

23276606629_61de342f35_b.jpgIM10 Acros by TeenyReef, on Flickr

And here's a larger top down shot:

23535969862_298a843307_b.jpgIM10 Top Down by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 11

I've added some frag racks to the tank, so it's starting to look a little like a junk yard. But that's OK, I happen to like junk yards.

I was going to crop out a close up of the chalice in this picture, but I think the whole picture looks nice as is. But anyway, that's why only the chalice in focus.

The SPS continue to encrust. The one on top colors up a little bit when I lower the nitrates even a little bit and goes brown again when they go back up. That's why there's color only on the tips. The one in the lower left is always poop brown, and probably won't change until I get the nitrates a lot lower. At least that's my theory. The one in the lower right was a nice mix of green and yellow, but when my nitrates went back up last week, it turned more of a solid green.

TEENY! GORGOUS photos!!!

• Like 2

I seriously love your tanks. They are my tiny inspiration! :wub:

This is a great idea!

Thanks, Merth! I've been enjoying following along with your picos :)

TEENY! GORGOUS photos!!!

Thanks, Stella :blush:

• Like 3

Thanks, Merth! I've been enjoying following along with your picos :)

Thanks, Stella :blush:

I've got a tiny idaho grape started in my 5 gal that is growing surprisingly quickly. And a few pieces coming from LC tomorrow. :) They just need to be nice and filled in like yours!

• Like 3

It's been almost a week since the last picture of the favites. They are still recovering nicely. I can now see polyps even in the top, and the green is returning all around the sides. I think they'll be really happy with the lower lighting setting.

23562393381_c717552703_b.jpgEvil Favites Recovering #2 by TeenyReef, on Flickr

I also wanted to post a pic of the acans, just so I can compare what they look like after a couple weeks of lower lighting and hopefully lower nitrates.

23016683324_555101f48b_b.jpgAcans by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 8

image.jpg1_152.jpg

Are those blue green palys in the bottom right from Zia?

• Like 6

Are those blue green palys in the bottom right from Zia?

Yep - I got them from his end of the world sale. They're some of my favorites :wub:

I've got a tiny idaho grape started in my 5 gal that is growing surprisingly quickly. And a few pieces coming from LC tomorrow. :) They just need to be nice and filled in like yours!

Idaho grape is the best. And it grows like crazy. I remember when I got mine from Gena it was the first SPS I tried after my birdsnest. I was scared it would die and I would be guilty of killing Gena's coral :lol:

• Like 4

Awesome shots- all that life packed into a nice package! Great job man!

Thanks, Sk8n! It's getting there - just need to get everything to grow out and get the rics back in shape, now!

• Like 1

Yep - I got them from his end of the world sale. They're some of my favorites :wub:

Idaho grape is the best. And it grows like crazy. I remember when I got mine from Gena it was the first SPS I tried after my birdsnest. I was scared it would die and I would be guilty of killing Gena's coral :lol:

I have some of those from Zia too. I think I received 4 little polyps and I have at least 10 big ones now!

Unless Merthy has another idaho grape, I believe that's the one she got from me, which I got from Gena!! Gotta spread the idaho grape love!!

• Like 2

I have some of those from Zia too. I think I received 4 little polyps and I have at least 10 big ones now!

Unless Merthy has another idaho grape, I believe that's the one she got from me, which I got from Gena!! Gotta spread the idaho grape love!!

Yes it is the one I got from you Kimber! :D

• Like 1

Teeny, your tank still looks great even if you were dealing with a little dirty water and elevated phosphates. The sad thing is those numbers reflect my parameters most of the time when my tank is going good, ha ha!