Cultivated Reef

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

OK, I do happen to have a couple more B)

I mentioned how Zia threw in a bunch of freebies. These are some un-named zoas that he sent. I've already glued them down front and center because I think they're really cool looking :)

16792201586_d318109b23_b.jpgZia's Really Cool Freebie Zoas by TeenyReef, on Flickr

And I liked this shot of the frogspawn and hammer, although there aren't any new corals in this shot. The color on frogspawn tips isn't really as good as I think it should be, but I'm pretty happy with how the hammer is doing.

16629750439_a7cc40815d_b.jpgFrogspawn and Hammer by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 6

Those are some killer freebies man. They look killer,congrats on the awesome shipment,looking amazing !!

I've got more freebies but I still have to get decent pics of them :) Zia was awesome!

Lol remember when you thought the hammer was a torch.

Yeah! To be fair, the LFS told me it was a frogspawn :D

• Like 2

I evicted the big hermit that had taken over one of the nassarius snails, and brought him to the LFS to find his Forever Home. He was just too aggressive and kept bulldozing the corals.

I still have a much smaller blue leg hermit, which is much better behaved. The red mithrax has also stayed small and has been a good citizen (so far). He's still on indefinite probation, though :)

While I was at the LFS, I noticed they had a nice little tail spot blenny, which I've been wanting for quite a while. So he came home with me and is chillin' in the quarantine tank with the GBGs. Here he is hanging out in his little snail shell B)

16641594910_5132b8e53a_b.jpgTailspot Blenny by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 16

I evicted the big hermit that had taken over one of the nassarius snails, and brought him to the LFS to find his Forever Home. He was just too aggressive and kept bulldozing the corals.

I still have a much smaller blue leg hermit, which is much better behaved. The red mithrax has also stayed small and has been a good citizen (so far). He's still on indefinite probation, though :)

While I was at the LFS, I noticed they had a nice little tail spot blenny, which I've been wanting for quite a while. So he came home with me and is chillin' in the quarantine tank with the GBGs. Here he is hanging out in his little snail shell B)

Ermagerd, I want him! :wub:

• Like 4

Best picture! Looks so happy in his little shell.

• Like 3

Unfortunately he left his shell and is now hanging out in the PVC pipe in the quarantine tank. But I'll put the shell in with him when he goes in the display tank in case he decides to go back in.

I'm taking off for a week in San Diego and Yuma. My long suffering wife is in charge of dosing and feeding while I'm gone. Hopefully everything will continue to open up and fluff up while she's in charge ;)

• Like 1

I agree with all of you :)

The shell came with him from the LFS in the bag. When I looked in the bag after putting it in the tank, he saw me and got one of those "Oh sh*t" looks on his face, and dived straight into the shell, head first. When it was time to put him in the tank, I didn't even need a net, I just picked up the shell and moved it, blenny and all, into the tank. I took the picture when he decided to peek out after things calmed down :lol:

Now he spends all his time hiding in the PVC in the quarantine tank. Not nearly as cute but he seems happy :)

• Like 2

Where to even begin? That's a legendary (see what I did there? :P ) haul you got from LC! Your acan garden is so nice. What's your new light setting? I must get a turquoise blue stag like that!

TSBs are so cute! Either he's tiny or that's a really big shell he's got :lol:

• Like 1

The tank did really well while I was gone on my trip :) All the new zoas have opened up more, and even the Raptor's Rainbow polyp from Legendary Corals opened up, which is a relief since it had stayed closed for the first week I had it :D

I'm keeping an eye on the two new acro sticks. I had glued them up in the upper half of the tank, and I may have jumped the gun putting them up that high. There's no bleaching but there's not much PE either. I may need to move them back down if they don't start doing better. Of course, it could just be that the tank isn't really mature enough for acros yet - all my other SPS are doing fine but I know acros can be finicky.

Where to even begin? That's a legendary (see what I did there? :P ) haul you got from LC! Your acan garden is so nice. What's your new light setting? I must get a turquoise blue stag like that!

TSBs are so cute! Either he's tiny or that's a really big shell he's got :lol:

The light is set to 200 blues and 85 white. I'm still not sure it's quite at the right level, though. I'm keeping an eye on the zoas and the acros to see if it's either too much or too little.

The TSB (no name yet) is definitely little. That shell's only about 3/4" across :)

• Like 3

Great looking tank and wonderful corals. But I've lost count: how many fish do you have now?

Thanks :) Right now there's the two clownfish and the pink streaked wrasse. But I have green banded gobies and the tail spot blenny waiting in the quarantine tank. I'll probably put them in later this week.

Nice corals, especially that rainbow acan!!

Thank you! That one is my favorite acan :)