Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

Got back from my trip late last night. Lot's of catching of to do! I went to the LFS to pick up a bucket of salt...say hello to Humphrey and Dilbert, a pair of snowflake clowns. They've been hanging out together at the LFS for a couple months now and decided to come home with me today :)

15985708433_4fcdcd2d02_b.jpgSnowflake Clownfish by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 9

Thanks, everyone! Humphrey and Dilbert are getting along great so far. They are always together and don't bother each other. They haven't found the frogspawn/hammer corals in the middle of the tank yet. And they haven't bothered Fitzgerald (the pink streaked wrasse) at all. He likes to hang out in the tunnel under the rocks, and they never go there.

After resorting to turning the flash on and deleting about two hundred blurry pictures, I came up with a few updated pictures of all of the fish family :)

Dilbert is on the right. Humphrey is the one with more white, on the left.

16432556688_6def124ae3_b.jpgHumphrey and Dilbert by TeenyReef, on Flickr

And here's another so-so shot of Fitzgerald. Some day I'll get a good picture of him :)

16593773026_136b53ec88_b.jpgFitzgerald by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 8

Wow, your pics are crystal clear. Incredible!!! The clowns look like they're popping out, like they almost look fake w/ the tank backdrop. Very cool. I need you to take pics for me.

• Like 3

Wow, your pics are crystal clear. Incredible!!! The clowns look like they're popping out, like they almost look fake w/ the tank backdrop. Very cool. I need you to take pics for me.

Thanks :blush: I've got to admit that all I did to take that picture was to put the camera in full auto with the flash on. But I really like the way it turned out :)

Great new additions- yes those clowns look superimposed on that photo- crazy clear. I still struggle getting any good shots of mine- wiggle wiggle- in and out of focus

• Like 1

That's a great idea. They are so cute! But I don't think I would have enough algae to keep one happy :(

Great new additions- yes those clowns look superimposed on that photo- crazy clear. I still struggle getting any good shots of mine- wiggle wiggle- in and out of focus

I sat there with the camera on auto flash and just kept pulling the shutter as quick as it would focus. I got one good shot of the two of them out of about 100 :)

• Like 1

I love your clowns! I'm thinking about going with a pair of clowns in the 20 once fish can go back in. I was trying to keep "different" fish there, but I miss my old pair and get clown envy whenever I see anyone's clowns. Love the colors on your pair. I'm torn between snowflakes and black ice.

• Like 2

Somehow, Aquascapers managed to get a shipment to me in between snow storms today. I picked up the box at Fedex at one, and it was snowing by two :P

Everything was well packed and opened up within minutes of going in the tank after a quick dip.

Aquafresh Vice Zoas:

16433055517_c94011e5d6_b.jpgAquafresh Vice Zoas by TeenyReef, on Flickr

At first, I was worried that one of the frags looked half melted, but it turned out it was a bonus frag added at no charge. And it's opened up already too. Ultra Searchlights and bonus frag:

16454165979_44399ffd55_b.jpgUltra Searchlights and Bonus Frag by TeenyReef, on Flickr

The morning after I placed my order, I started kicking myself for not ordering the Green Eyed Dalmations they had. So I added it to the order :)

16638914441_ca6ea2e4c9_b.jpgGreen Eyed Dalmations Zoas by TeenyReef, on Flickr

And then they had this cool ric, so I had to add it to the order too :D

16640338145_c7ab308201_b.jpgRicordea by TeenyReef, on Flickr

He's going to go live in the ric garden on the sand floor, which is starting to fill in nicely. The colors in this picture came out a little more vivid than they are for real, but I liked the macro so much I decided to keep it anyway.

16638910471_58ec5d4359_b.jpgRicordea Garden by TeenyReef, on Flickr

I think the reduced level of white lighting is starting to help. The rainbow acans are starting to recover some of their colors. This one is one of the rainbows I got from Glenn (Coral Gardens Aquaculture):

16454164819_7a15ae129f_b.jpgRainbow Acan by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 8

All beautiful choices. I like what you've picked. I loved my aquascapers zoas (amphipods ate them though), then I got a 6-line which totally helped eradicate those stupid sea bugs, roaches.

• Like 2