Cultivated Reef

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

Got back from my trip last night and everything was still alive, so I'm declaring success :)

The zoas are just doing OK. They sometimes close up for a day but then open back up. I don't think they're really thriving yet. I did a water change tonight so we'll see how they are in the morning.

Everything else seems to be thriving. Acans are getting puffy, montis are spreading, the rics are growing and aren't bleached any more, and even the Morgonian Gorgonian is getting fluffier.

I took a quick and dirty shot of the acans under blue light tonight. It turned out OK, but I'm still trying to figure out the best way to get decent pics under the blues. And then, I realized there was a snail on the glass right in the middle of everything. Stupid snail :angry:

16447075322_bc259c186e_b.jpgAcans in the Evening by TeenyReef, on Flickr

So I settled for a cropped macro of one of the rainbow acans. I've finally gotten the lighting intensity up enough that everything is starting to color up :)

16262077577_3236fbbd63_b.jpgRainbow Acan by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Love these acans.

• Like 3

gorgeous additions! i stopped by ASD

today and it was a mad house. was explained

last week's shipping to east coast delayed due

to snow. so they were double shipping this week. whoa!

• Like 1

Thanks, everyone! I mentioned that I was trying to adjust the light to get the best colors out of the acans and rics. I found a picture of one of my rics when I had just gotten it. It's not a great picture, but I was struck by how vivid and fluorescent the colors were:

16020705963_a8e97143da_b.jpgOrange Ric - 2014-12-18 by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Now, after recovering from some initial bleaching, it's still pretty but has much deeper colors. It's the one on the far left in this picture:

16639177221_271c970955_b.jpgOrange Ric - 2015-02-24 by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 8

aww they look so happy! :wub:

my sexies moved around a lot too.

they had hosted xenia, mushrooms,

frogspawn, but ever since RFA Big Green

moved into the tank, one sexy has stayed

devotedly by it, and the other is usually close

or on the other RFA. :)

• Like 1

That clown pic! I'm dying from the cuteness. And definitely getting a pair of clowns for my tank :P.

How much flow are your rics in? Mine have started detaching from their rock and blowing away <_< and their skirts are pretty much always "rippling" in the flow. Too much?

• Like 2

That clown pic! I'm dying from the cuteness. And definitely getting a pair of clowns for my tank :P.

How much flow are your rics in? Mine have started detaching from their rock and blowing away <_< and their skirts are pretty much always "rippling" in the flow. Too much?

My Ric is attempting to detach from his plug and crawl off I know not where, but I don't think he is in a spot with too much flow like yours is lol

• Like 2

Thanks! I have to keep my rics in low flow areas. Otherwise they make themselves into little sailboats and take off. Sometimes I've been able to get them glued down long enough to stay put, but most of the time if there's enough current for them to drift off, they will.

aww they look so happy! :wub:

my sexies moved around a lot too.

they had hosted xenia, mushrooms,

frogspawn, but ever since RFA Big Green

moved into the tank, one sexy has stayed

devotedly by it, and the other is usually close

or on the other RFA. :)

Sexies are pretty silly too :lol: My sexies host the frogspawn and hammers in this tank, and the duncans in my other tank. I assumed the clowns would want the frogspawn/hammers but I guess the GSP is fluffier :)

That is the cutest most adorable thing!!

GSP looks so soft though. I wish I was a clownfish! I would snuggle up all the softest corals!!

They were so happy snuggling up to it. But the really funny part was the disappointed look on their faces when the lights went out and all the GSP receded for the night :lol:

• Like 2

I love how snuggled IN to the gsp they are, like they're never coming out, like they've fallen into an old couch and can't get up.

• Like 2

love all the pictures lately! sorry haven't been keeping up as much as before. is that a PURPLE ric i see?? that's awesome! GSP is best coral ever =).

Thanks! And yes, it's a purple ric. Between KPA and Saltcritters I got a bunch of different shades of green, blue, purple, yellow, and orange. It's been fun watching the colors change as they get used to the light.

I'm getting ready for another week out of town. I'll be up late tonight doing a heavy feeding and changing water. With the clowns in the tank my wife will be feeding daily now. Fingers crossed that everything stays stable :)

• Like 5

Hey....after your reply to my pm I decided to order the tank...thanks!!

I have a couple questions if you don't mind....

The inTank media basket...does it take up the entire space? The stock basket only takes up 3/4 of the space so I find the water just going over the top of it and it not catching much garbage.

And where do you keep the water level? Do you have it so the return chamber has water pouring over the divider or is it above the divider?

Thanks!

• Like 1