Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

My clowns are dumb. There's a big duncan they ignore, a 5-6" fuzzy mushroom they ignore, a 3" toadstool they ignore. Yours are adorable.

• Like 1

The searchlight zoas are makin' babies ;)

16916361706_649f3048db_b.jpgSearchlight Babies by TeenyReef, on Flickr

My clowns are dumb. There's a big duncan they ignore, a 5-6" fuzzy mushroom they ignore, a 3" toadstool they ignore. Yours are adorable.

:lol: Thank you!

Sweet tank! One of the nicest 10g fusion builds Ive seen.

Thanks! I'm loving your pictures of your tank. You've got great photography skills. Plus, those zoas :wub:

• Like 9

oh I am not the only one with an idiot clown? There is a frogspawn and rbta right underneath his ass. He just ignores them, but only 3 months in. So we'll see.
  • Like 2

Teeny, did a miss your most current FTS?

Thanks for asking, but, I haven't done one lately because it's like a junk yard full of frags right now. As soon as I move the extra zoas into the 4g tank I'll glue down the rest and get an FTS. Hopefully later this week! fingerscrossed

I luv that shot ;)

Thanks! I like how the colors turned out :)

oh I am not the only one with an idiot clown? There is a frogspawn and rbta right underneath his ass. He just ignores them, but only 3 months in. So we'll see.

My clowns host the heater.

Silly clowns! They really are entertaining even when they don't follow the rules :lol:

Thanks teeny i use a special filter so I can capture as much of the corals color as possible

What kind of filter is it? I've tried a couple different yellow filters but they all look like doo doo :(

How do you have your light set? Colors look great!

Thanks! That pic was taken with the Storm/Nanobox set to 190 blues and 75 whites. But sometimes I turn up the whites a little more for FTS shots. I do post processing in Lightroom, mostly to adjust exposure and white balance.

• Like 2
Miamifish897

I use a barrier filter, found it on an underwater photography site. Problem is the pictures come out very green so it takes a very minimal amount of adobe bridge and photoshop to tweak the white balance, sounds complex but honestly its pretty easy and worth the trouble.

• Like 1

I use a barrier filter, found it on an underwater photography site. Problem is the pictures come out very green so it takes a very minimal amount of adobe bridge and photoshop to tweak the white balance, sounds complex but honestly its pretty easy and worth the trouble.

Thanks - is it the one from nightsea?

Is the 190/75 your normal setting or just for pics?

That's the (current) normal setting. Sometimes I increase the level of the whites to get a better color balance in FTS shots.

I finally moved some of the corals that have been sitting on the frag rack over to the 4g tank, and so I was able to sort through the rest of them and get everything glued down.

While I was at it, I notice the GSP has been spreading across the sand and started creeping up the closest rock. So I pulled it out and chopped about haf of it off and put it on some new frag plugs.

I also fragged up the Evil Favites. I've got three frags growing now and they should be ready to go to new homes after they heal in a couple more weeks.

Pictures tomorrow!

• Like 3

PS: I also cleared out the quarantine tank! I added three green banded gobies (to be named later), along with Norbert, the tail spot blenny.

Midnight, the black clown goby, who was banished from the 4g tank for excessive humping of the birdsnest, also came along. He's on probation but I'm hopeful that with more room and more corals to love, he'll do better in this tank.

The bioload will be a little high with all these fish. I'll be keeping an eye on nitrate levels and doing frequent water changes, along with heavy skimming and carbon/gfo.

• Like 2

And I liked this shot of the frogspawn and hammer, although there aren't any new corals in this shot. The color on frogspawn tips isn't really as good as I think it should be, but I'm pretty happy with how the hammer is doing.

16629750439_a7cc40815d_b.jpgFrogspawn and Hammer by TeenyReef, on Flickr

I love your aquarium, but when I saw this, I have to ask. How do you get the arms on the hammer (sorry, don't know what it's called) that green? My hammer is weak and really boring green. Is it a bad hamer I got, or is there something to do, to boost the colors?

• Like 2
Miamifish897

Thanks - is it the one from nightsea?

I got mine from backscatter just search barrier filter in their search bar and you can find some really good ones, they are also cheaper on backscatter as well.

• Like 1

Midnight's definitely one of the prettiest black ones I've seen. That might be a perfect idea for my Evolve8 revamping. I have a yellow one that I love in my 34 and I can imagine this one perching nicely on a mushroom.

• Like 1

Dibs on a favite frag! How much is it?

You're first on the list :) I haven't really thought about price - probably $15 per frag plus shipping.

I love your aquarium, but when I saw this, I have to ask. How do you get the arms on the hammer (sorry, don't know what it's called) that green? My hammer is weak and really boring green. Is it a bad hamer I got, or is there something to do, to boost the colors?

Thanks! I don't really do anything special. The colors are much more attractive under blue lighting, though, so my lighting balance may have something to do with it. I also feed them when I feed the rest of the corals with brine or mysis shrimp. I suspect I just got lucky with the particular variety I bought.

I got mine from backscatter just search barrier filter in their search bar and you can find some really good ones, they are also cheaper on backscatter as well.

Cool, thanks! They look just like regular yellow filters, though. Do you know - is there some invisible thing about them that makes them better for allowing only fluorescence?

Midnight's definitely one of the prettiest black ones I've seen. That might be a perfect idea for my Evolve8 revamping. I have a yellow one that I love in my 34 and I can imagine this one perching nicely on a mushroom.

Thanks! That would be really nice in the Evolve8 :)

I finally have an updated FTS :) I'm going to take some time this month to play with the lighting as I think I could do better than this. And there's still a frag rack full of (new) frags so it still looks a little bit like a junk yard. But everything that's supposed to be in this tank is glued down and now it's just a matter of keeping the tank clean and letting things grow for a bit.

16990033866_658e18ed73_b.jpgIM10 FTS 02 April 2015 by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Some of the new zoas:

17016020885_3c94155093_b.jpgZoas by TeenyReef, on Flickr

There's a lot going on in the left side: Rics, hammers, acans, chalice, gobies (and the frag rack)...

17014581052_6a946d2ba6_b.jpgLeft Side by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Upper right side, where the sps and the purple gorg hang out. The acros are hanging in there but not thriving yet - I think I moved them up into the light too quick and they got partially bleached.

16828256468_1a665d8644_b.jpgRight Top by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Norbert (tail spot blenny) was photobombing the last pic. Here he is up close:

16990038206_8b32cb7ff2_b.jpgNorbert by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Humphrey and Dilbert:

16828507910_9a4d1fe5c9_b.jpgHumphrey and Dilbert by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Here's Norbert again. He's already found a nice hole in the rock to hang out in :)

16808631427_651dffe238_b.jpgNorbert's Hidey Hole by TeenyReef, on Flickr

One of the green banded gobies:

16828261598_33303aa11b_b.jpgGreen Banded Goby by TeenyReef, on Flickr

And finally one more of Norbert (and Midnight). :wub:

16808632217_319ac61212_b.jpgNorbert and Midnight by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 6