Top Shelf Aquatics

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

Hey....after your reply to my pm I decided to order the tank...thanks!!

I have a couple questions if you don't mind....

The inTank media basket...does it take up the entire space? The stock basket only takes up 3/4 of the space so I find the water just going over the top of it and it not catching much garbage.

And where do you keep the water level? Do you have it so the return chamber has water pouring over the divider or is it above the divider?

Thanks!

Congratulations on the new tank :)

The Intank basket is bigger and catches almost all the water. Everybody who's gotten one has been very happy. I've got my water level set so the water in the third chamber is about half an inch below the divider.

• Like 1

Thanks!

Keep up the good work! You have a really great looking tank!

Thanks! Good luck with the IM10! Have you started a build thread?

Hi teeny, I am catching up with everyone's tanks and I love the pic with the clowns in the GSP. That is just too cute!

Thanks! Silly clowns :)

I'm back from my work trip to Kauai (I know, it's a tough job) but I'm still jet lagged and getting caught up. The tank did great while I was gone. Unlike my 4g tank, all the parameters stayed rock steady (my wonderful wife did the dosing a feeding :)), and there wasn't even much algae on the glass. The tank's all cleaned up now, water changed, and I've put the zoas back in that were in the 4g tank because they weren't doing well over there.

There's a order from Legendary Corals coming tomorrow, along with five green banded gobies from Ebay! omgomgomg

• Like 4

Well, I'm completely overwhelmed now! My BRS dosers arrived while I was out of town last week, Legendary corals and five green banded gobies came yesterday, and today I got some awesome frags that I ordered from Zia. And he threw in freebies! :haha:

I've a got a big box with the dosing stuff in the middle of the room waiting to get set up, and the five gbg's are in the quarantine tank. And I've got frags piled up all over the tank because my little frag rack only holds five frags. I need to decide which ones are going in the 4g tank just so I can make some room. The problem is, I'm planning to put some of the zoas in the 4g tank, and zoas aren't doing well in that tank right now for some reason. So things are definitely overcrowded right now. Not a bad problem to have, though :D

• Like 6

Well, I'm completely overwhelmed now! My BRS dosers arrived while I was out of town last week, Legendary corals and five green banded gobies came yesterday, and today I got some awesome frags that I ordered from Zia. And he threw in freebies! :haha:

I've a got a big box with the dosing stuff in the middle of the room waiting to get set up, and the five gbg's are in the quarantine tank. And I've got frags piled up all over the tank because my little frag rack only holds five frags. I need to decide which ones are going in the 4g tank just so I can make some room. The problem is, I'm planning to put some of the zoas in the 4g tank, and zoas aren't doing well in that tank right now for some reason. So things are definitely overcrowded right now. Not a bad problem to have, though :D

Send them to me and I'll grow them out in my tank for you. ? I think I still have a little room although with a package arriving today from CGA, and one due tomorrow from Lawnman things are filling in quickly!?
  • Like 1

Those Acan's stand out so much !! Although it may be over crowded it looks awesome.

I can guarantee it's not as over crowded as my tank,but close lol.

• Like 1

I haven't had time to move anything around yet, but I did take a few pictures. :)

Legendary Corals Lava Flow Rhodactus:

16799680655_630858b5d2_b.jpgLava Flow Rhodactus by TeenyReef, on Flickr

LC Nightwalkers:

16179778753_782c9ac543_b.jpgLC Nightwalkers by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Tyree Rastas (also from LC):

16798590231_775d6e5cfc_b.jpgTyree Rastas by TeenyReef, on Flickr

I got a teensy tiny blue tort from Zia. The picture isn't great but it's so small right now it's hard to get it in focus :lol:

16798597902_f696775569_b.jpgBlue Tort by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Also from Zia, turquoise blue Stag with blue tips. This one might be my favorite right now :)

16592404247_8d693da804_b.jpgTurquoise Stag with Blue Tips by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Also from Zia, Mycedium Chalice:

16602674148_0a47c6cf7b_b.jpgMycedium Chalice by TeenyReef, on Flickr

This is going to be a beautiful chalice. You can't really see any of the eyes from this angle, though. Zia held on to the corals I ordered for several weeks until I could be in town, and in the meantime, the chalice got zapped by a favia. Zia gave me the chalice for half off, and threw in a bunch of freebies too. I ended up with seven corals for the price of two and a half! :happydance: And they are all beautiful :wub: Zia is the best!

Finally, the Evil Favites that I moved from the 4g tank have really been doing well. I love the colors of these favites. They probably aren't going to fit in this tank for long, though, so I'm going to have to frag them. Hopefully there will be some people that will want the frags :)

16773841876_272a641975_b.jpgEvil Favites by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 7
Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I will gladly take a frag of the favites and will pay for shipping when they are available. A coral I recommend highly is red candy apple zoas they are beautiful.

• Like 1

I will gladly take a frag of the favites and will pay for shipping when they are available. A coral I recommend highly is red candy apple zoas they are beautiful.

Of course! I'll let you know when I frag them. It probably will be a month or two, though.

I love candy apple red zoas. I had them in my 4g tank and they completely covered one of my rocks. Then one day they decided it was time to melt, and every single one was gone a couple weeks later. I think zoas are like lemmings :D

So nice. The balance you have with the unit looks unreal!

Thanks, Dave! I need to PM you when you start getting caught up now that you're working full time. I think one of my LEDs is out, and I'm thinking I would upgrade to the v3 array since I'd probably have to send it back anyway.

gorgeous stuff, john!! wow!!! :wub:

Thanks, Cindy!

*drools* My LFS only carries the orange ones -.-

I got a lot of mine from KP Aquatics online. They will ship rics via cheap shipping and I've never had a problem. Their pictures aren't very good, though. They're one of the few vendors that sell corals that actually look better in your tank than they do on the website :)

Turquoise blue stag omgomgomg. Someday I'm going to need one :).

I ordered three corals from Zia, but this was the one I requested first :)

man, i really want one of those lava flows

for myself, john! love it!!

I think it's really pretty. I'v never kept a rhodactus before so I'm curious to see how it behaves and how the colors morph under my lighting.

Nice looking additions- but I am partial to the tort and stag that cap and grape are nice size too! Great job!

I wasn't sure whether the tank was ready for acros yet, but as you noted, the montis are doing great, so I thought I'd give it a try :)

• Like 2

I did a water change and glued a bunch of corals down last night, and took a few pictures today. I still have seven different loose zoa frags. Some will go in this tank, but I want to put most of them in the 4g tank. Unfortunately, something is not right in that tank and the zoas keep melting or getting eaten. So they get to stay in this tank until I figure out the problem.

I got these Hyper Phoenix Zoas from Legendary Corals. They were fresh cuts and needed a couple extra weeks to heal, and they're still getting fully opened. But I really like the way they look so far :wub:

16816812932_99e466b6a8_b.jpgLC Hyper Phoenix by TeenyReef, on Flickr

I also got two new acans from LC. The Blue Carnival is in the top middle. You can also see little bit of the Blue Dreams at the very bottom of the middle. I really like the colors in the Blue Carnival.

16792046226_f8e1cd0831_b.jpgAcans by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Here's a side view of the Acan Farm. I think the reduced level of white lighting I did a few weeks ago has really helped. The colors in the acans are much deeper and varied now.

16195949003_dcd6094c16_b.jpgAcan Farm by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 2