Cultivated Reef

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

Tank looks amazing! How does the MP10 work in yours? I assume you have it set pretty low?

Thanks! I love the MP10. I usually run it low, about 3 or 4. It provides plenty of flow and I can turn off the filter pump when I feed while the MP10 moves the food around.

• Like 1

Is that a gorilla crab? Claws look bad, real bad, but maybe it's ok.

I've had a zoa melting episode in my 150. I refuse to even look at them, that'll teach em. Sorry about yours.

• Like 1

It's really hard to tell on the crab. I looked at some of the other pictures I took and I can't tell if he has black claw tips or if it's just a shadow. And I haven't seem him since then. :( I'll have to wait until I can spot him again and hopefully get a better look.

Good call on the zoas and way to show them up! I'm not that strong, I keep coming back for more punishment because I can't resist how pretty they are :)

• Like 1

I went a little crazy over the past 24 hours. Corals are coming from three different places eventually. But I'll be out of town next week, so nothing will ship until the week after that. Some corals will go in this tank and some in the 4g. I can't wait :happydance:

I realized I haven't shown any pictures of the green monticap since I first got it. Here's a top down shot I took tonight. I really like the green color on this guy :)

16490475256_e0debf5bab_b.jpgGreen Montipora by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 10

Yeah, I figure it's probably just a matter of time before the red mithrax goes bad too. But he's been a model citizen so far :)

As far as the baby crab goes, when I was taking the pictures, it looked like he had rounded white claws. But it does look like he might have black points on them in the pictures. I'll see if there's a better view of his claws in any of the "not so good" pictures I took.

Yeah, when they are tiny it's hard to tell. But I'm positive yours has the black pointy tips on the claws. It will be fine at such a small size, but as it gets bigger you may have problems with it.

That green monti is :wub:.

• Like 1

Thanks, Gena. I'll keep an eye out for baby crab and get a better look as it gets bigger. At least I know how to build a crab trap now :)

That green monti is :wub:.

The sexy shrimp agree. I only had time for a quick cell pic, but all three were dancing on it today :)

15909022633_d9c63993ac_b.jpgSexy Shrimp by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 8

They had some monti frags at the LFS last night but unfortunately they were no where near that nice. They were colorful, but way too small. -.- No sexy shrimp parties on the monti for me, at least for the foreseeable future.

• Like 2

Party on the monti :happydance:

What new goodies are you getting?

I've got some vice zoas coming from Aquascapers, some SPS frags from Zia, and a bunch of stuff from Legendary Corals :ninja:

It will all be trickling in over the next four weeks as I have a lot of travel coming up and won't be home to receive them. But I got tired of things selling out before I could get them, so I might have gone a little overboard :)

Amazing new corals teeny! Looking good! I how I wish I had a Nanobox. One day, one day.

They look good on that monti :wub:.

They had some monti frags at the LFS last night but unfortunately they were no where near that nice. They were colorful, but way too small. -.- No sexy shrimp parties on the monti for me, at least for the foreseeable future.

Thanks, everyone! I really love that green monti. It was one of those items at the LFS that was suspiciously cheap :)

The fleshy limpet finally hung out on the end of a rock where I could get a decent picture. He's really pretty, and is about an inch across.

15906649464_d7b09087f2_b.jpgFleshy Limpet by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Since my former favorite zoas are pretty much melted away, these are officially my favorites now. At least, until the new ones gets here :)

16359423357_b1dbdfcb7b_b.jpgBlue Zoas by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 7

I've got some vice zoas coming from Aquascapers, some SPS frags from Zia, and a bunch of stuff from Legendary Corals :ninja:

It will all be trickling in over the next four weeks as I have a lot of travel coming up and won't be home to receive them. But I got tired of things selling out before I could get them, so I might have gone a little overboard :)

omgomgomg:oomgomgomg

Love that limpet too. Those blue zoas are so blue! Are those the cheapies from KPA?

• Like 1

omgomgomg:oomgomgomg

Love that limpet too. Those blue zoas are so blue! Are those the cheapies from KPA?

Thanks! These are some no-names that I got from the LFS. My cheap KPA ones are in the 4g tank.

• Like 1

That fleshy limpet is tooooo cooooool :D. Looks like a mushroom.

I thought he was a mushroom or maybe a sponge, but he kept moving around. If you look carefully you can see his shell under the cover.

was the limpet a hitch hiker?

do they act like a good starfish?

eta: stunning fotos!

Thanks, Cindy! Yes, he came with the live rocks I got from KPA. There are a couple more just like him but they are still very small. I think they are more like snails. He just cruises around the rocks, about the same speed as a snail.

• Like 1

Just dropping in to check on you! Tank is looking great!

Thanks! Looks like your tank is doing well, too :)

The reduction in lighting intensity is helping with colors already on the rics and the acans. I'm also hoping it will help with the zoas. Some of them were getting smaller and more compressed into the mat, which is a sure sign of too much light. I'll take some pictures this weekend for comparison.

So I was scheduled to go out of town for a week today, but we had a snowstorm and all the flight got cancelled. It looked like the whole trip was getting cancelled, so I spent the day working from home, surfing NR, and generally relaxing. About 5:30 I got a call and thirty minutes later I was at the airport to catch a 6:30 flight. Now I'm halfway to Reno! So I guess I won't be posting too much for the rest of the week :)

• Like 1

Thanks! Looks like your tank is doing well, too :)

The reduction in lighting intensity is helping with colors already on the rics and the acans. I'm also hoping it will help with the zoas. Some of them were getting smaller and more compressed into the mat, which is a sure sign of too much light. I'll take some pictures this weekend for comparison.

So I was scheduled to go out of town for a week today, but we had a snowstorm and all the flight got cancelled. It looked like the whole trip was getting cancelled, so I spent the day working from home, surfing NR, and generally relaxing. About 5:30 I got a call and thirty minutes later I was at the airport to catch a 6:30 flight. Now I'm halfway to Reno! So I guess I won't be posting too much for the rest of the week :)

Hmm, I'll definitely keep that in mind about the lighting. The trip sounds like fun, always a good time being spontaneous, ha!

I thought he was a mushroom or maybe a sponge, but he kept moving around. If you look carefully you can see his shell under the cover.

Yeah, he totally looks like a mushroom. Great disguise :).

• Like 1