SaltCritters.com

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

There's an Acro' in the middle of there that looks a bit like one I picked up recently. Do you know what it is? And does it look anything like this one up close?

FullSizeRender_zpsuyzqoxiq.jpg

IMG_5097_zpsiwjkuo6h.jpg

I got mine in a maricultured shipment from Fiji. Can't 100% ID accurately but contendenders are A. Loripes. A. Caroliniana. A. Lokani.

Is the 40B getting food, too? :P

It is!

I saw this an immediately thought of you Kat. I bet if it's real it would burn the hell out of you if you picked it up, lol.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/clo/5906762254.html

:) I'm not sure it is authentic though. The Armani brand has something up with it, consignment shops and eBay valets won't carry. MYBE there was a huge counterfeit sting or something. Or maybe the house of Armani wasn't very nice to some top fashion people and there is boycott of some sort. My dad had some suits that became outdated, goodwill was the only place that would take them.

It has been quite a day. One more minute to 5 O'clock my watch says.

• Like 3

I moved Bogi and myself to the apartment today. One month to the day I got it. I know I know. a month is a long time. But I had reasons. The tank has not moved yet. I am housebound with my cat till the weekend. He is 17 and the move is hard. I've had several cries, left frantic messages for the vet to prescribe a sedative or xanax or something. I think it's me that needs it. We spent 3 hours at the door, he wanted to go back so bad. His cries were pretty heart wrenching. He had been crying the last few days as he saw my suitcases and he could smell my clothes in them. So he thought I was going away which he absolutely hates. So anyway. I brought out my comforter and pillows and bunked down right by the door with him. He snuggled in with me and has been much better since then.

He just ate some food! He used the litter box earlier and had some treats,. It will take time, I know that, but it really upsets me to see him upset. He doesn't understand and that is understandable. I had the apartment strewn with my clothes and his toys and blankets. Every place had familiar smells. But it wasn't enough of course. He spent maybe a half hour inside his carrier crying. Since he wasn't moving out of the carrier I carried it further into the apartment at which time he explored a little bit and went back to the door to cry.

I was dilly-dallying at the old apartment, waiting to put him in the carrier this morning. He was staring at me the whole time and just went into the carrier by himself. I took that as a sign. He hates carriers, he knows it means a trip to the vet and leaving the apartment has been traumatic for him every single time.

He has taken to the couch since the last hour or 2, hopefully this means we don't have to sleep on the floor by the door tonight. We shall see.

In other news I have a shipment coming from Malaysia! Christmas gifts. They weren't going to make it for Christmas so I had them priority fedex it. I hope it will be worth it.

• Like 7

Poor kitty. I know when i move the cat is always the last thing that goes. I believe its nice to have familiar furniture and smells in place. Even though i try so hard during the day most of the time they all hide then at night the exploring begins and i never get any sleep because all i hear are the cats walking around moving stuff around and checking things out. When they find something that makes them nervous they run back to the bedroom where im at and wake me up... I hope its better for you tonight

• Like 1

Will you be gracing us with your presence at the Manhattan Reefs Frag Swap in NYC this Sunday?

I was going to go but the kids have their final day at Montclair and they do presentations for the parents. My niece is itching to show me her chemistry of beauty creations: shampoo, eyeliner, eyeshadow, face mask, moisturizer.

• Like 3

I'm his person, but that was his house. So it's a tough situation. Hoping for the best.

Yikes!!

I guess I'm really lucky with Rho! I've moved him like 10 times and he doesn't have any issue. I hope Bogi settles in soon. :flower:

• Like 1

I was going to go but the kids have their final day at Montclair and they do presentations for the parents. My niece is itching to show me her chemistry of beauty creations: shampoo, eyeliner, eyeshadow, face mask, moisturizer.

...Can. ...Can I get details on this makeup?! That sounds so awesome.

• Like 1

Yikes!!

I guess I'm really lucky with Rho! I've moved him like 10 times and he doesn't have any issue. I hope Bogi settles in soon. :flower:

thanks Kimberbee. We are going to sleep on the couch tonight. Thankfully not the floor by the door. I've restricted him to half the apartment, I read that you have to limit their areas to help them acclimate better/faster. I mY not get to sleep in my bed just yet and I'm a-okay with that
  • Like 1

thanks Kimberbee. We are going to sleep on the couch tonight. Thankfully not the floor by the door. I've restricted him to half the apartment, I read that you have to limit their areas to help them acclimate better/faster. I mY not get to sleep in my bed just yet and I'm a-okay with that

Whatever you gotta do to help keep him calm! I'd do the same!

• Like 1

...Can. ...Can I get details on this makeup?! That sounds so awesome.

the face masks are in my fridge and she showed me her eye shadow collection yesterday. The shampoo smells nice. I'm afraid to actually try any of it TBH, she's just a child and she made these with commonly found ingredients in the products. There is no telling what grade ingredients were used, how badly the finished product is contaminated or not. I'll ask her teacher on Sunday about how safe they may or may not be. But what details did you want?
  • Like 1

I remember sleeping on floor next to dog create when we got my Lucky at first. He was so use to the noise of other animals at the pet store for way too long.

• Like 2

the face masks are in my fridge and she showed me her eye shadow collection yesterday. The shampoo smells nice. I'm afraid to actually try any of it TBH, she's just a child and she made these with commonly found ingredients in the products. There is no telling what grade ingredients were used, how badly the finished product is contaminated or not. I'll ask her teacher on Sunday about how safe they may or may not be. But what details did you want?

Pshhht, I'd patch test the heck of out all of it. But I'm basically a child myself, that way. :P

I suppose I'd ask what she used, and what the reactions are between the ingredients? It just sounds insanely cool. >>

• Like 2

I got mine in a maricultured shipment from Fiji. Can't 100% ID accurately but contendenders are A. Loripes. A. Caroliniana. A. Lokani.

Thanks. I've seen a couple of granulosa pix which seem pretty close, too. It's a nice, contrasting form, whatever it is.

• Like 1