Pod Your Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Haven't touched anything actually. Been growing this 'frag' for a year. :D

Making water tomorrow. I've got the RODI working, took over some salt today and a pump. Yay.

It's been on hold for someone for a while. :)

Heartbreaker :tears:

• Like 1

Meanwhile I'm sitting here refreshing the cadlights pls-50 skimmer's page on MD.. And waiting for their CS e-mail to respond on wait time for when/if it'll be back in stock.. Fingers crossed! fingerscrossed

• Like 3

I'm curious to see people aquascape these going forward. It seems like it'll be something that will prove difficult to have an aquascape that does it justice, but when it's gotten right, it'll be amazing.

I love a challenge, I would have LOVED this one.

• Like 2

I don't even know how to begin to imagine an aquascape for that. I mean, maybe two different light sources? Keep one or two branching SPS colonies growing over the 'cliff', clam(s) and RFAs and things in the shallow end, and lower light (or -gasp- NPS) towards the bottom?

It's so much omgomgomg

• Like 1

I don't even know how to begin to imagine an aquascape for that. I mean, maybe two different light sources? Keep one or two branching SPS colonies growing over the 'cliff', clam(s) and RFAs and things in the shallow end, and lower light (or -gasp- NPS) towards the bottom?

It's so much omgomgomg

Depends on what you want to grow and how high above the tank you hang the light. At 20" deep if you hung a light ~15" above the water you'd get only 2X difference in PAR between the sandbeds. Now if you hand it 1" off the water, yeah you're going to see 3 or 4X difference between center line high and low PARs.

I love a challenge, I would have LOVED this one.

A challenge for sure!
  • Like 3

So yesterday I took my hand carved Louis XIV wing chair to my new apartment. The nook is chairless now. I have a pair of the wing chairs and I took out the other one from storage but haven't taken it over yet. My brother came over to help me assemble the bed which I had delivered 2 weeks ago! So after we assemble it, I realize that my memory foam mattress is not going to work because there are only 3 rails on this bed, it needs a box spring. Aiyayiyayi. So today I bought a box spring which will be delivered Monday. Sigh.

I have scuff marks on the hardwood from my spray painting shenanigans. I think goof off will have to be used to get the floor cleaned up in the spots. Temporary paper blinds are keeping the sun out. The handy man needs to be called to install the proper blinds and my curtain rods, however that will be when the tank moves so he can install the light for me too.

I went like a hot rod to Ikea today to get a price adjustment after I got an email saying some items I bought were on sale. The sale starts tomorrow. Bloody hell. Of course I ended up buying more stuff...

One challenge has been finding curtains that are longer than standard length which don't cost a kidney. I have floor to ceiling windows in the living room with Southern Exposure. Found a few that I liked so I still have to order them.

On a different note, the kids were on ESPN. They were invited by the Red Bulls to hold the championship flag on the field during half time at a recent game. :) My niece has dissected a squid and written with it's ink in her Marine Biology class. She is also taking the chemistry of beauty class and has made face masks, eyeliner, shampoo. :) My nephew had the chemistry of food last semester - he learnt how to make ice cream, and the contents of food. This semester he is learning more food stuff. They discovered skittles are really bad for you. ha.

Looking for deals on a toaster oven, rice cooker, and dyson cordless.

• Like 8
RIP Sebastian

This is the tank I was offered to try out and had to decline :(

http://aquanerd.com/2016/11/introducing-the-artisan-drop-off-aquarium.html

Me likey.

So yesterday I took my hand carved Louis XIV wing chair to my new apartment. The nook is chairless now. I have a pair of the wing chairs and I took out the other one from storage but haven't taken it over yet. My brother came over to help me assemble the bed which I had delivered 2 weeks ago! So after we assemble it, I realize that my memory foam mattress is not going to work because there are only 3 rails on this bed, it needs a box spring. Aiyayiyayi. So today I bought a box spring which will be delivered Monday. Sigh.

I have scuff marks on the hardwood from my spray painting shenanigans. I think goof off will have to be used to get the floor cleaned up in the spots. Temporary paper blinds are keeping the sun out. The handy man needs to be called to install the proper blinds and my curtain rods, however that will be when the tank moves so he can install the light for me too.

I went like a hot rod to Ikea today to get a price adjustment after I got an email saying some items I bought were on sale. The sale starts tomorrow. Bloody hell. Of course I ended up buying more stuff...

One challenge has been finding curtains that are longer than standard length which don't cost a kidney. I have floor to ceiling windows in the living room with Southern Exposure. Found a few that I liked so I still have to order them.

On a different note, the kids were on ESPN. They were invited by the Red Bulls to hold the championship flag on the field during half time at a recent game. :) My niece has dissected a squid and written with it's ink in her Marine Biology class. She is also taking the chemistry of beauty class and has made face masks, eyeliner, shampoo. :) My nephew had the chemistry of food last semester - he learnt how to make ice cream, and the contents of food. This semester he is learning more food stuff. They discovered skittles are really bad for you. ha.

Looking for deals on a toaster oven, rice cooker, and dyson cordless.

If everything in my house wasn't from 1993, I'd help.

• Like 1

Curtains that don't cost an arm/leg and a kidney: King flat sheets or twin XL.
I'd pass on Dyson (I went down a reddit rabbit hole months ago and love my canister with a bag). With 2 pups, a bag was required so I could have more suction power. Hehehehe!

Toaster oven - don't know your budget but this has rave reviews: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GMDX1WI/?tag=thesweethome-20&linkCode=xm2&ascsubtag=SH112

Rice cooker - also has rave reviews: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OFB9SYY/?tag=thesweethome-20&linkCode=xm2&ascsubtag=SH46040

• Like 1

This is the tank I was offered to try out and had to decline :(

http://aquanerd.com/2016/11/introducing-the-artisan-drop-off-aquarium.html

O wow, that is super cool. I think I would have had to at least try it out. I can envision zoas and short growing macros in the shallow top end and gorgs with flowing softies in the deep lower end and of course seahorses. I would light directly over the deep end and just let the zoas catch the periphery light.

Very nice job on the write up too Kat!