Cultivated Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Good morning from the reef. How is everyone?

The Green Slime-A-Lot has this branch that has been steadily extending out. It is right in between the Oregon Tort and the Austera. It's got probably 1cm to go before it touches the Austera. And the coralites on the OT have about 3 mm to go before touching the slimer.

Not sure whether to trim the slimer or the Austera. Thoughts?

29946080063_5e27ad983f_h.jpg

• Like 6

How is your tank?

Coming back to life. Starting to give it the attention it needs and im trying to re-spark the interest in the hobby. Can see from the pics of my kat the tanks doing pretty good, its just the corals that were damaged are still struggling but slowly coming back to life.

• Like 1

Good morning from the reef. How is everyone?

The Green Slime-A-Lot has this branch that has been steadily extending out. It is right in between the Oregon Tort and the Austera. It's got probably 1cm to go before it touches the Austera. And the coralites on the OT have about 3 mm to go before touching the slimer.

Not sure whether to trim the slimer or the Austera. Thoughts?

29946080063_5e27ad983f_h.jpg

I say cut the slimer. you mentioned that it could run into the Austera, AND the OT can run into it (the same branch, I assume). I say cutting it would remove two potential 'collisions' with one clip :happy:.

If I ever have a growing forest of sticks like your tank - my rule of thumb would be similar to pruning a tree in the yard. Any branches that grow sideway & downward are up to no good, and should be removed.

• Like 3