inTank Media Baskets

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Just because something is called the lounge, doesn't make it so. It's not the lounge unless insults fly.

As for dark.... Is that why my eyes hurt everytime I venture out here?

:lol:

Junior has 2 more boxes of dongs for me up there.

Oh? He has surfaced?

Just because something is called the lounge, doesn't make it so. It's not the lounge unless insults fly.

As for dark.... Is that why my eyes hurt everytime I venture out here?

Oh your eyes hurt do they Pizza-Ray?

I have gotten the flu shot every year for the past 10 years, I have never had the flu in my life. I also got vaccinated for Hepatitis A & B, Measels, Mumps, Tetanus, HPV..... and have had no issues......are vaccine reactions real, yes, but they are exceedingly rare and are much less likely than getting the disease they prevent. I know that some people are religiously anti-vaccine, and therefore fact, science, and rational argument have no effect on them.... IMMO

I'm not against vaccines but those flu shots can suck a giant dong ;) its odd Mrs. Sancho and my son are not affected by them. While myself and my daughter get sick as hell after we have gotten the shot. :huh:

• Like 2
RayWhisperer

I have gotten the flu shot every year for the past 10 years, I have never had the flu in my life. I also got vaccinated for Hepatitis A & B, Measels, Mumps, Tetanus, HPV..... and have had no issues......are vaccine reactions real, yes, but they are exceedingly rare and are much less likely than getting the disease they prevent. I know that some people are religiously anti-vaccine, and therefore fact, science, and rational argument have no effect on them.... IMMO

I'm not an anti-vaccer, just anti flu vaccine. I've had hep A&B, as well as tetanus, for work. God only knows what all I got in the army.... That's actually where I decided I wouldn't get the flu vaccine anymore. It was required in the army, every year. And every year when I got it, I got sick.

I've had the flu in the 20 some years since I've had the vaccine. Just not every year like I had it back then.

As for HPV. Are you having unprotected sex with infected individuals? If not. How can you be sure it's working?

• Like 2

I'm not an anti-vaccer, just anti flu vaccine. I've had hep A&B, as well as tetanus, for work. God only knows what all I got in the army.... That's actually where I decided I wouldn't get the flu vaccine anymore. It was required in the army, every year. And every year when I got it, I got sick.

I've had the flu in the 20 some years since I've had the vaccine. Just not every year like I had it back then.

As for HPV. Are you having unprotected sex with infected individuals? If not. How can you be sure it's working?

^^^Dis soo much dis! I'm all for the polio, hep, tetanus and other big vaccinations. And if you can, with 100% certainty, tell me which strain of flu we're going to be hit with this year William; I'll step up for the shot. A B C D, Purple? lemme know... here is a list from wiki to get you started.

• The antigenic type (e.g., A, B, C)
  • The host of origin (e.g., swine, equine, chicken, etc. For human-origin viruses, no host of origin designation is given.)
  • Geographical origin (e.g., Denver, Taiwan, etc.)
  • Strain number (e.g., 15, 7, etc.)
  • Year of isolation (e.g., 57, 2009, etc.)
  • For influenza A viruses, the hemagglutinin and neuraminidase antigen description in parentheses (e.g., (H1N1), (H5N1)

Also, please explain how Taiwan and Denver get listed side by side in that?

I'm young enough that I got the HPV vaccine when I was in college... the reason for the vaccine is to prevent squamous cell cancers associated with the virus (cervical, penile, oral, pharyngeal), as wel as non-cancer producing strains of the virus that cause warts. Studies have shown that between 60-80% of people over the age of 23 have been exposed to HPV. Many of those who are infected show no outward/visible signs of infection. You would not step on a nail to test the effictiness of a tetanus shot... ? I have seen the destruction Squamous cell carcinoma can do the the human body and it is awful. If you are under the age of 26 (most insurers will not cover HPV vaccinations after this age), I strongly reccomend getting the vaccine.

^^^Dis soo much dis! I'm all for the polio, hep, tetanus and other big vaccinations. And if you can, with 100% certainty, tell me which strain of flu we're going to be hit with this year William; I'll step up for the shot. A B C D, Purple? lemme know... here is a list from wiki to get you started.

• The antigenic type (e.g., A, B, C)
  • The host of origin (e.g., swine, equine, chicken, etc. For human-origin viruses, no host of origin designation is given.)
  • Geographical origin (e.g., Denver, Taiwan, etc.)
  • Strain number (e.g., 15, 7, etc.)
  • Year of isolation (e.g., 57, 2009, etc.)
  • For influenza A viruses, the hemagglutinin and neuraminidase antigen description in parentheses (e.g., (H1N1), (H5N1)

Also, please explain how Taiwan and Denver get listed side by side in that?

The flu shot will never be able to cover all possible strains of flu. However it is generally able to cover 60-80% of active flu strains that year. The real synergy comes

From having the flu shot for 5 or more years in a row and the accumulated buildup of immunity. The flu shot, as far as I can remember from medical school, only covers Type A Flu.

Tiawan, Denver? My assumption is that is where a sampling lab is located ... but I do not know, I do not pretend to be a virologist or epidemiologist, but I can ask one when I get to work today.

My last little PSA is that of you come into contact with vulnerable populations (young, old, infirm) please seriously consider getting a flu shot, as you may not be saving your life, but you could be saving theirs...

William, I, like some other posters, am not Anti Vaccine. I have just had nasty side effects from the Flu Vaccine. I am not allergic to the ingredients.

Before I went to Iraq, We had some inoculations that were required, some of those were controversial. (I can't remember which 1 it was)

Having been born in 1965, as a child, I was vaccinated for Small Pox. I thought I was good, No! My younger counter parts were vaccinated with 5 pricks of the needle, while those of us who had the vaccine got 15...OUCH!

Just Googled the Vaccines. We all had to get Anthrax! I personally was against it, but kept my opinion to myself.

While in Iraq, we were given anti Malarial meds...Again, I can't remember which 1 it was and we had to take it daily. I want to say it was

Cipro, it might have been quinine, I just don't remember.

William, as a Doctor, would you give the Flu shot to any patient who's immune system is compromised?

I am not trying to be confrontational, I am curious.

TY for reading my post :)

William, I, like some other posters, am not Anti Vaccine. I have just had nasty side effects from the Flu Vaccine. I am not allergic to the ingredients.

Before I went to Iraq, We had some inoculations that were required, some of those were controversial. (I can't remember which 1 it was)

Having been born in 1965, as a child, I was vaccinated for Small Pox. I thought I was good, No! My younger counter parts were vaccinated with 5 pricks of the needle, while those of us who had the vaccine got 15...OUCH!

Just Googled the Vaccines. We all had to get Anthrax! I personally was against it, but kept my opinion to myself.

While in Iraq, we were given anti Malarial meds...Again, I can't remember which 1 it was and we had to take it daily. I want to say it was

Cipro, it might have been quinine, I just don't remember.

William, as a Doctor, would you give the Flu shot to any patient who's immune system is compromised?

I am not trying to be confrontational, I am curious.

TY for reading my post :)

It might have been doxycycline if you had to take it every day..... on the question of a flu shot, it really depends upon the degree of immunosuppression and the reason behind it. There are also different forms of the flu vaccine, a "killed" version and a "live but weakened" version. Without knowing the specifics as to why someone is immunocompromised (HIV/Aids, Cancer/chemo, post-transplant, congenital immunodeficiency syndromes...) I can't really answer your question, as they all effect different aspects of the immune system. In order for the flu vaccine to be effective (and not cause harm), certain portions of the immune system have to be intact and functioning.

For information on this years Flu, and information on the vaccine I would reccomend you check out the CDC's information on the subject

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/season/flu-season-2016-2017.htm

• Like 2

Did... Did I start this? D:

I just got the flu shot because I didn't mind being ill for a day or two if it meant a chance at avoiding 7-10 days of exhaustion/congestion and the mild bronchitis I got the last time I got the flu. Freaking pulled a chest muscle.

Plus, I interact with all sorts of people at work (people with asthma, people who are ancient, people who have newborns at home). And my best friend has two ferrets, who can catch/transmit human flu. And work offered them in-house for free. Figure better safe than sorry.

• Like 5

Did... Did I start this? D:

I just got the flu shot because I didn't mind being ill for a day or two if it meant a chance at avoiding 7-10 days of exhaustion/congestion and the mild bronchitis I got the last time I got the flu. Freaking pulled a chest muscle.

Plus, I interact with all sorts of people at work (people with asthma, people who are ancient, people who have newborns at home). And my best friend has two ferrets, who can catch/transmit human flu. And work offered them in-house for free. Figure better safe than sorry.

Yes you did you shit stirrer!!! :D

If you're having unprotected sex today you might as well put my .38 to your head with 3 rounds in the cylinders, spin and pull the trigger. I saw shit that came outta Bangkok in the 80s that damn near turned me into a monk. Just remember folks, you can only get the clap so many times before it becomes applause. ;)

• Like 3

Condoms are 92% effective when used correctly, and HPV can be transmitted even when condoms are used...... and now I'm done with any and all PSAs for the day

• Like 3

Condoms are 92% effective when used correctly, and HPV can be transmitted even when condoms are used...... and now I'm done with any and all PSAs for the day

You can't be serious! Both on the condoms not preventing and on being done with doc speak.

But seriously - if vaccination is the only way to prevent HPV and the risk of cancer caused by it - we are screwed, no pun intended. Until recently this wasn't even part of mainstream conversation much less asked or talked about by your doctor, PCP or OBGYN. What about the millions who never got vaccinated. Also, HPV is talked about in the US - no where else. Why is that?

• Like 1

You can't be serious! Both on the condoms not preventing and on being done with doc speak.

But seriously - if vaccination is the only way to prevent HPV and the risk of cancer caused by it - we are screwed, no pun intended. Until recently this wasn't even part of mainstream conversation much less asked or talked about by your doctor, PCP or OBGYN. What about the millions who never got vaccinated. Also, HPV is talked about in the US - no where else. Why is that?

The HPV vaccine is relatively new (last 10-15 years), and the fact that in general one has to have some form of sexual contact in order to transmit the virus made discussion of it somewhat of a taboo. Rick Perry, the previous Texas Gov got into hot water for mandating that all school age girls in the state be vaccinated. Also it is common knowledge in the medical community that it takes about 10 years for new cutting edge medical advancements and even updated practice guidelines to filter down to the general PCP level. Insurance carriers do not cover the HPV vaccine in older people as it it thought that by the age of 26 the vast majority of people will already be exposed to the virus.

HPV can be spread by direct contact from one skin/mucous membrane to the next, this includes oral and pharyngeal mucous membranes (one of the reasons condoms do not protect against hpv). As far as those who did not get vaccinated, the best way to prevent HPV associated Squamous Cell Carcinoma (SCC) is a yearly pap smear in women and for men to seek medical attention if they notice any type of "lesion." Testing for oral and pharyngeal forms of SCC is still in its infancy, but there are such things at "throat paps" and in certain populations "anal paps."

• Like 2

William, I remember when HPV Vaccine came out. My Daughter is 22 now, but, I believe it came out when she was 8 or 10 years old.

I do remember talking with my then Wife about it. And yeah, at the time there was some controversy about it.

TBH, I can't remember if she did get the Vaccine. I Deployed to Iraq when she was 9. (2003) She was 10 and a half when I came home.

I separated from my then Wife sometime later that year. I Do not know if she got the Vaccine or not. TBH, I think "we" were pro vaccine at the time, when a lot of "Parents" were anti vaccination.

'sup.

I'm on the mend finally. Those steroids fixed me good an proper. Have a lingering cough, post nasal drip related - my body is trying to rid itself of the congestion.

Found some babeh snails today - this is a first. NERITES! Click to enlarge and you can see it's a nerite
:)

29927769270_9d885feda8_o.jpg

• Like 10