Top Shelf Aquatics

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

You better heal up, Fiji in 2 weeks. omgomgomg My shipment off the west coast will leave Thursday so I'll get that Friday morning. Still don't know what's coming, she won't tell me anything other than it'll knock your socks off, lol. I love Karen. :naughtydance:

• Like 1
RayWhisperer

Never get the flu shot. I don't care what anyone says. I'm not someone who gets sick too often. However, EVERYTIME I've gotten a flu shot, I've gotten sick. Tell me it's psychosomatic, tell me whatever you want. I'm tellin ya, you're gonna get sick.

Also, I agree with the purple tang commment. Not only do they look better... they aren't assholes, either.

• Like 5

Never get the flu shot. I don't care what anyone says. I'm not someone who gets sick too often. However, EVERYTIME I've gotten a flu shot, I've gotten sick. Tell me it's psychosomatic, tell me whatever you want. I'm tellin ya, you're gonna get sick.

Also, I agree with the purple tang commment. Not only do they look better... they aren't assholes, either.

Speaking as a Doctor I have to disagree, flu shots save thousands of lives every year and have been proven to prevent flu. Getting a mild 1-2 day cold following a flu shot is normal.

• Like 1
RayWhisperer

Speaking as a Doctor I have to disagree, flu shots save thousands of lives every year and have been proven to prevent flu. Getting a mild 1-2 day cold following a flu shot is normal.

Lol. Speak as whatever you please. I'm old, but I ain't no geezer, just yet. So, I doubt the flu shot will save my life anytime soon. However, whatever I had after every flu shot wasn't a mild anything. Yet, in the 20 years I've gone without, I can count the number of times I've been sick with flu like symptoms on one hand.

I'm totally fine fighting off a mini cold for a day or two if it means I build the antibodies to fight it in the future, and can fight it off before I spread it to someone who wasn't able to get said flu shot. :)

Lol. Speak as whatever you please. I'm old, but I ain't no geezer, just yet. So, I doubt the flu shot will save my life anytime soon. However, whatever I had after every flu shot wasn't a mild anything. Yet, in the 20 years I've gone without, I can count the number of times I've been sick with flu like symptoms on one hand.

No flu shots here! Been 7yrs since I've been sick...

I'll never get a flu shot because there are too many strains for them to predict which will be the problem child for that particular year... Why would I intentionally infect myself something that might, possibly, help me out 10% of the time? I'd rather take my chances at this point.

• Like 2

No flu shots here! Been 7yrs since I've been sick...

I'll never get a flu shot because there are too many strains for them to predict which will be the problem child for that particular year... Why would I intentionally infect myself something that might, possibly, help me out 10% of the time? I'd rather take my chances at this point.

If anyone would like to discuss the risks and benefits of vaccination I would love to continue it in the lounge.... I don't think any of Kat's amazing corals are going to give me myalgias

:) It's okay. Feel free to chat it up here.

I'm still coughing up a lung. It's pretty non stop :(

Today I've had 20mg of cough suppressant - Delsymn has 30mg, I might have to go get that.

Mixed with decongestant - 400mg of Glu something. It's a Mucinex liquid.

And I haven't stopped coughing. Isn't a cough suppressant supposed to help me stop coughing?

• Like 1

I forgot that my health insurance allows a doctor on call feature. I requested a call and this doc-tech call came in. She was nice, she explained what was happening to me, checked on my medications (even though she has my chart in front of her) and she's called in a pack of steroids. Prednisone. God I hate steroids. My pulmonologist would have done the same thing. Sigh.

RayWhisperer

If anyone would like to discuss the risks and benefits of vaccination I would love to continue it in the lounge.... I don't think any of Kat's amazing corals are going to give me myalgias

Lol. You don't visit the lounge much, do you? I think you might have a BOG if you started a thread like that there.

• Like 1

I forgot that my health insurance allows a doctor on call feature. I requested a call and this doc-tech call came in. She was nice, she explained what was happening to me, checked on my medications (even though she has my chart in front of her) and she's called in a pack of steroids. Prednisone. God I hate steroids. My pulmonologist would have done the same thing. Sigh.

We have to verbally go over your medications every time.... you would be surprised some of the errors we find ..... OTC cough suppressants (Dextromethorphan) don't really work that well... Guiafenecin (expectorant) works pretty well, with Mucinex or the store brand with similar strength, doing the best job. pseudoephedrine also works well. I personally take 600mg Ibuprofen every 6-8 hours, psuedoephedrine (as directed on package label) and Guiafenecin (as directed on package label) and it seems to help.

Lol. You don't visit the lounge much, do you? I think you might have a BOG if you started a thread like that there.

I must admit idon't make it there often.... BOG?

• Like 1

And I haven't stopped coughing. Isn't a cough suppressant supposed to help me stop coughing?

Might have Ebola. omgomgomg

It's pronounced penis in the lounge.

Not around these here parts, they're called dongz!! There's some dongz.

s2K3kY2.jpg

You better be better in 2 weeks love, I don't wanna catch your creepin' crud. :D

• Like 2

How in the hell did this thread hit the Crapper so quick!

An actual DR. telling us that getting the Flu Shot saves lives, of this I am very sure it does.

For the Elderly and Young children. Basically folks who need a boost to their immune systems.

When i was in my 20s, every time I got the flu shot I got sicker than a sick DOG! For 2 whole weeks!

I am now 51 and I am still leery of getting the shot. Once bitten, twice shy.

And then onto "Penis' " or "Dongz" Damn, I think my Quote says it best....lol! The many strange things that are said and brought up

on the forum...keeps me entertained!

Kat, As u know I am not a DR. I was a medic and William did give ya some sound advice regarding the meds he suggested, they do work great.

We have to verbally go over your medications every time.... you would be surprised some of the errors we find ..... OTC cough suppressants (Dextromethorphan) don't really work that well... Guiafenecin (expectorant) works pretty well, with Mucinex or the store brand with similar strength, doing the best job. pseudoephedrine also works well. I personally take 600mg Ibuprofen every 6-8 hours, psuedoephedrine (as directed on package label) and Guiafenecin (as directed on package label) and it seems to help.

I must admit idon't make it there often.... BOG?

Guiafenecin (expectorant) worked very well for my chest cold.

DR.William, U should visit the lounge! OH MY! Good times! And Booze on Tap ;)

I Was a medic in the Army for a bit and I have learned a bit from watching and working around DRs all the time.

I honestly miss working in or around the Medical field...so much u can learn.

If I were not a Service connected Vet and could get back to work, I'd like to go to School and get my

Nursing Degree and work in the E.R or the O.R.

I sometimes kick myself in the ass. I was enrolled to go to Nursing School (RN), but instead I went and did 3 years Active Army.

If I had waited, After I got my degree, I might have gone Active duty, but instead of entering as a Private, I could have been a Lieutenant. Sigh...Hind sight is always 20/10.

• Like 3

How in the hell did this thread hit the Crapper so quick!

An actual DR. telling us that getting the Flu Shot saves lives, of this I am very sure it does.

For the Elderly and Young children. Basically folks who need a boost to their immune systems.

When i was in my 20s, every time I got the flu shot I got sicker than a sick DOG! For 2 whole weeks!

I am now 51 and I am still leery of getting the shot. Once bitten, twice shy.

And then onto "Penis' " or "Dongz" Damn, I think my Quote says it best....lol! The many strange things that are said and brought up

on the forum...keeps me entertained!

Kat, As u know I am not a DR. I was a medic and William did give ya some sound advice regarding the meds he suggested, they do work great.

Guiafenecin (expectorant) worked very well for my chest cold.

I Was a medic in the Army for a bit and I have learned a bit from watching and working around DRs all the time.

I honestly miss working in or around the Medical field...so much u can learn.

If I were not a Service connected Vet and could get back to work, I'd like to go to School and get my

Nursing Degree and work in the E.R or the O.R.

I sometimes kick myself in the ass. I was enrolled to go to Nursing School (RN), but instead I went and did 3 years Active Army.

If I had waited, After I got my degree, I might have gone Active duty, but instead of entering as a Private, I could have been a Lieutenant. Sigh...Hind sight is always 20/10.

I went back to school after I became a machinist. 20 years down the road after you've been trapped by 20,000lb pieces of steel thinking, shit, this is how it's gonna end after you've been dropped into some shitholes and had to figure out how to get yourself and your team out alive or as close to alive as you can. I decided being a nurse would be something I'd enjoy and I do 3 days a week. I WILL NOT take a flu shot, too many variables as to strains and contaminates, no, I'm not one of the whack-a-doodle anti-vaxers. Vaccines have their place, that place is not in my body.

Dongs. omgomgomg

Junior has 2 more boxes of dongs for me up there.

• Like 4

For the Elderly and Young children.

I get sick as hell every time I get the flu shot. My daughter also gets sick for days after the flu shot. I'm not buying into the kool aid they are selling. I have had the flu shot twice. In the last 5 years the only time I got the flu or just sick in general followed my flu shot....like the next ####ing day.

As for the lounge are you talking good times in the official lounge or lawns lounge? The official lounge is a sad dark place I avoid it. :lol:

• Like 3
RayWhisperer

As for the lounge are you talking good times in the official lounge or lawns lounge? The official lounge is a sad dark place I avoid it. :lol:

Just because something is called the lounge, doesn't make it so. It's not the lounge unless insults fly.

As for dark.... Is that why my eyes hurt everytime I venture out here?

• Like 2