SaltCritters.com

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Tank's progress looks lovely, Kat. Sorry for not leaving a comment earlier.

Also sorry to hear about what your niece is going through - bullying in school can be really bad. I used to skip school once or twice a week while I was in Form 4 (10th grade) to avoid a rather persistent bully (a senior) who just wouldn't leave me alone. My parents thought it was because I preferred studying at home, but truth was I just didn't want to put up with all that drama. And I went to an all-girl's school, so there was plenty of that.

• Like 3

Still have so much to write about MACNA. My back hurts like a SOB today so I'll keep this post short.

I saw some aquariums that were just beautiful. There was a gigantic drop off tank by planet aquariums, aquascaped by real reef rock that blew my mind, and my instagram up!

29618686262_efe7c92e1a_c.jpg

Fluval EVO's were very nice tanks - the 12G especially. But I couldn't stop drooling over the new bio-cubes. Maybe it was nostalgia since my very first tank was a BC-14. The new tanks come with LEDs and they have already scraped off the paint on the back for a fuge possibility.

cl15661-ledbiocube16-live.png

Tank's progress looks lovely, Kat. Sorry for not leaving a comment earlier.

Also sorry to hear about what your niece is going through - bullying in school can be really bad. I used to skip school once or twice a week while I was in Form 4 (10th grade) to avoid a rather persistent bully (a senior) who just wouldn't leave me alone. My parents thought it was because I preferred studying at home, but truth was I just didn't want to put up with all that drama. And I went to an all-girl's school, so there was plenty of that.

Thanks Snow. I haven't checked out your thread yet but I see you welcomes a new friend.

Tell your niece to punch her square in the boob!

Lol. okay.

• Like 4

Some of these people need the ever loving shit kicked outta them

FTFY!!!

People are just shitheads.

Yes they are, it's like we're devolving every year. It won't be a Zombie apocalypse, we'll be hunting cavemen.

I want one of the Sera cubes, we're actually looking for a white 130D for M. She wants to go back to that.

• Like 1

The deed is done. My brother spoke to the other girl's dad and we have removed ourselves from the joint birthday party. He wanted to know which girls bullied my niece, we didn't mention any names, especially since his daughter was either part of the gang or a silent yet willing participant. We said ask your daughter, she knows what happened. We insisted on continuing to pay for half of their party. The dad called back, he said his daughter told him that in text messages it looks like 4-5 girls ganged up on my niece and his daughter confirmed that. I feel even more mad but I think we are handling it correctly.

The girls that were our guests to the party have been invited to a separate party and so far all are available- yay.

Now to send a text message to "those" girls about it not being a joint party any longer.

• Like 6

So this is how a society fails ....

So this is how a society fails ....

Ok, that was a little glum.

How about, I used to think smart people outnumbered the stupid ones. I have my doubts now BUT we've seen how badly some of the polls have failed in recent elections so I'm holding out hope. Please vote and vote for the one that you don't think will nuke someone for shits and giggles. :D

• Like 3

Ch ch ch changes....

Aug 7

28722365622_2143521b2b_h.jpg

Sept 4

29450175585_cbcfb6dab3_h.jpg

Today - getting closer to what I remember the colony to look like

29664094021_7a364877ee_h.jpg

Finally, a good picture of the remnant of a maricultured piece that almost died. Was purple, then purple with blue tips, now very close to pearlberry coloration although I am not sure if it is.

29745334515_784bbd5caa_h.jpg

• Like 9

Very nice! Those are some of the color combos I want and might have but they need more time.

Can you update your weekly feeding routine? I remember you reduced it but not sure you posted the new schedule.

Very nice! Those are some of the color combos I want and might have but they need more time.

Can you update your weekly feeding routine? I remember you reduced it but not sure you posted the new schedule.

The new routine is not really a routine now. What I try to do is this:

-Meaty food for the fish - mysis right now, sometimes LRS, and if I get live black worms then I feed those

-Rotation of Plankton food for the corals - small particles. Reef roids, reef blizzard, Sicce Calanurus, decapped brine eggs, nutricell

-Rotation of Supplements like garlic, vitamin C, amino acids, bacteria

-Pellets for crabs and the fish eat them too

-Some type of veggie food

-Phyto - because I still have some

I don't throw all of these things in together and sometimes not at all.

• Like 3

The new routine is not really a routine now. What I try to do is this:

-Meaty food for the fish - mysis right now, sometimes LRS, and if I get live black worms then I feed those

-Rotation of Plankton food for the corals - small particles. Reef roids, reef blizzard, Sicce Calanurus, decapped brine eggs, nutricell

-Rotation of Supplements like garlic, vitamin C, amino acids, bacteria

-Pellets for crabs and the fish eat them too

-Some type of veggie food

-Phyto - because I still have some

I don't throw all of these things in together and sometimes not at all.

Kat, do you feed the plankton type coral foods every day?

That pearlberry thingy looks really nice :)

• Like 1

Still have so much to write about MACNA. My back hurts like a SOB today so I'll keep this post short.

I saw some aquariums that were just beautiful. There was a gigantic drop off tank by planet aquariums, aquascaped by real reef rock that blew my mind, and my instagram up!

29618686262_efe7c92e1a_c.jpg

To be honest that tank was the coolest thing at MACNA. The peninsula tank that AGE had was drool worthy too. Got me really itching to order up a 102x36x30 :D

• Like 3

Meeting Christopher Marks, Yoshii, House of Sticks Ross and many nano reefers was a treat

Gosh the ORA booth is amazing. So many beautiful animals. N

Really enjoyed meeting and talking to you too Kat. The wife loved you as well haha.

Funny enough, I actually ended up with two of the mini colonies from that ORA booth. A LFS in Vegas bought the booth and then I grabbed a couple pieces from his store yesterday.

• Like 2

Really enjoyed meeting and talking to you too Kat. The wife loved you as well haha.

Funny enough, I actually ended up with two of the mini colonies from that ORA booth. A LFS in Vegas bought the booth and then I grabbed a couple pieces from his store yesterday.

They had amazing things in those tanks. Your wife is adorable! Tell her I said hello.

We;ve been chatting on FB and that offline group chat thing with your buddies forever, I'm glad I finally got to meet you. It's been what 2 years since I was in Vegas and passed up a chance to come by? Time flies.

• Like 1

They had amazing things in those tanks. Your wife is adorable! Tell her I said hello.

We;ve been chatting on FB and that offline group chat thing with your buddies forever, I'm glad I finally got to meet you. It's been what 2 years since I was in Vegas and passed up a chance to come by? Time flies.

You're welcome here anytime. That group chat on Telegram needs more people in it B)

• Like 1