Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

What's your favorite thing to knit?

I taught myself about 10 years ago, though I don't knit a ton. I've made scarves, hand towels, mittens, shawls, tops, wine bottle cozy, and even a knitted stuffed dragon. I just like to make useful things. /end brag

• Like 5

I'm really into seeing how this move turns out. I'm glad you're taking your time with it and not trying to do a one day madness things, those seem to end in disaster. I'm looking forward to my tank upgrade and still trying to work out the logistics of how I plan for all that to work. I figure I'll want the new tank up and running with sand and toss some old sand in and some water from water changes. Can't decide on how long or if I want to dose food or what. I've got that GSP rock and the clowns and I'm thinking they might move in first. But I still have time to plan.

• Like 1

I'm really into seeing how this move turns out. I'm glad you're taking your time with it and not trying to do a one day madness things, those seem to end in disaster. I'm looking forward to my tank upgrade and still trying to work out the logistics of how I plan for all that to work. I figure I'll want the new tank up and running with sand and toss some old sand in and some water from water changes. Can't decide on how long or if I want to dose food or what. I've got that GSP rock and the clowns and I'm thinking they might move in first. But I still have time to plan.

Until disaster hits and we rush everything.... LOL

• Like 2

I taught myself about 10 years ago, though I don't knit a ton. I've made scarves, hand towels, mittens, shawls, tops, wine bottle cozy, and even a knitted stuffed dragon. I just like to make useful things. /end brag

You're allowed to brag! I need somebody to start the needle then I can do a straight stitch for miles.

• Like 2

Were you eavesdropping? I just finished ranting over chat with Mama Tailes.

For your move. Test the parameters to match nutrients as close to your current tank. That is what I am doing. The holding tank is dirty already. However the bio load can cause ammonia which is what I have to watch out for.

It's just my old sand. Going to move some over here

What's that little cup of sand for?

• Like 1

Were you eavesdropping? I just finished ranting over chat with Mama Tailes.

For your move. Test the parameters to match nutrients as close to your current tank. That is what I am doing. The holding tank is dirty already. However the bio load can cause ammonia which is what I have to watch out for.

It's just my old sand. Going to move some over here

It's not like we sit next to each other and type on the computers either. LOL

• Like 1

You're allowed to brag! I need somebody to start the needle then I can do a straight stitch for miles.

Ha! That is the hardest part. I'll admit, when I first started I couldn't figure out how to get started. So I would just make a regular knot! YouTube videos helped. Different people, different angles, different explanations and I eventually got the hang of it!