Pod Your Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

That's what I have, with the dual TDS meter, and I really like it. I added a second RO membrane to up the output to ~180 gallons a day (less in the winter when the water is cold). Just keep in mind the dual TDS is not temperature correcting so it will read low, especially when the water is very cold. Use it as a guide, use a handheld as the final check weekly.

:o Awesome! I'll keep an eye out, especially for their 'hey we unboxed this 180GPD at a show and now it's cheaper than a 90gpd' special, which I saw once but didn't snatch up. Like a dummy.

in a nutshell it stops your RO system from just running all the time. Without one it will continue to make water and your waste line will run non stop.

The way it works is with a diaphragm once you turn off the flow either through a float switch or valve. Pressure builds on the low pressure side of the diaphragm closing it preventing any more water to flow through the high pressure side.

You do need a check valve that is rated for your gpd membrane. They are fairly simple to hook up. I do recommend replacing the check valve every time you replace the membrane. It is also a good idea to check your waste line from time to time. If it's running nonstop the shut off valve has failed.

This is a fairly simple diagram of how to hook it up. The high pressure side is usually the one that has in an out labeled or the bigger side of the valve.

You're awesome! Okay, I'm gonna stare at this for two hours and then bring it to my father so he can do it instead. 8D

...Fifteen minutes of typing into this box trying to rationalize it and I'm only slightly less confused :P Time to avidly google this!

EDIT: Oh my god it's like the skies have cleared and I can see everything. It's like wiping your glasses clean. I'm so excited. I do need to check and see if my system has a check valve installed, though.

I think this video covers the installation pretty well.

However, that connects the valve to the product water and supply water lines. It's also possible to connect to product water and waste water lines, which I believe is how spectrapure is set up by default.

This video is just for the float valve. I liked it because my nut assembly came apart and it shows how it should properly look when reassembled if that happens.

• Like 2

Does anybody run a simple antenna for their TV to get local channels like CBS NBC for free? I can't get over that I have to go through a cable company to get free channels and pay them a monthly fee for a stupid set top box. I don't watch cable, all the shows I see are on the free channels and I have Hulu.

• Like 1

Does anybody run a simple antenna for their TV to get local channels like CBS NBC for free? I can't get over that I have to go through a cable company to get free channels and pay them a monthly fee for a stupid set top box. I don't watch cable, all the shows I see are on the free channels and I have Hulu.

Yeah, I use a small digital antenna myself, mostly just to watch football games. It can be hard to get good reception for some channels. It will vary a lot based on location though. They're pretty cheep to pickup and tryout.

Need to solve this mess tho

Prolly should cut off the excess tubing right?

So now I have 2 dual TDS meters. :rolleyes:

30383461174_3d463dd1d7_h.jpg

Meh, I've seen worse

Okay try not to judge me. Imma show you my junk.

20131225_145709.jpg

20131225_000300.jpg

2014-10-08.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving!

Feed the fishes extra and tell Bogi I said hi B)

• Like 5

I have a friend in Australia and she does animal rescue work. She says that they're cute until you put one out in a fenced area and the yard looks like the beach at Normandy from their digging, lol.

• Like 1

The holding tank is DIRRRRTY!

egyptian.gif

Measurable nitrates and phosphates. Salinity is good, temperature on a controller.

MOVING SHIT TOMORROW

omgomgomg

Pete the pistol and his nemmy poo (because I can't find a buyer :( )

And some frags.

Possibly the grandis paly rock.

Duncans and mushrooms as well.

:scarry:

• Like 8