Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Sorry Pete.....Glad Bogi is doing better, as older cats can be pretty set in their ways.

You should just get to moving and stop delaying the inevitable. It will be hard, you will loose some, but you will get it done and grow. I just think delaying it will just make it harder on you in the long run.

• Like 2

Sorry Pete.....Glad Bogi is doing better, as older cats can be pretty set in their ways.

You should just get to moving and stop delaying the inevitable. It will be hard, you will loose some, but you will get it done and grow. I just think delaying it will just make it harder on you in the long run.

You're right

You're right

Was there a reason you didn't want to move it as a single piece? Just couldn't figure out a way to reliably transport it without risk of damage? I guess getting a container with that much water from the apartment to the car and back would be rather difficult.

In any case, I agree with boggers, it's time for ACTION!

Was there a reason you didn't want to move it as a single piece? Just couldn't figure out a way to reliably transport it without risk of damage? I guess getting a container with that much water from the apartment to the car and back would be rather difficult.

In any case, I agree with boggers, it's time for ACTION!

Can't lift out the whole thing with even 4 hands. Just this piece is the top of the shelf on the front end. This shelf holds the Cali Tort, Pink Lemonade, Echinata, Psammacora, Setosa and is mortared to the piece that the Kat grows on whcih is mortared to the shelf that Oreo and the Vermiculata are on. (This picture is circa 2014 BTW)

IMG_0091.JPG

There is a whole bunch of rocks glued to the back and side of this - slimer - OT branch. And supporting branches. The only way to move is to tear it apart.

• Like 4

Buy a couple bottles of wine, get the chisel and hammer out, and grab a friend to help hold things in place if needed. It will be bumpy and unpleasant but you can always put right back in the tank for a few days after its broken up.

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about Pete, we even get attached to little critters like that. When M and I first started dating I had a mated pair of bumblebee gobies that lived in a 5g tank, I lost them when I was away on deployment. :(

Saw Rogue One with 8 kids in an iPic theatre. They had a nice treat - reclining seats, blanket to snuggle, a menu to order food from, unlimited soda and popcorn. And the call button that brings an attendant to inquire what they might bring for you. :rolleyes:

It was my nephew's 12th birthday.

• Like 8

Conversation with Benny :rolleyes:

KAT: I burned some incense in the morning, bloody thing stank up my apartment, i can still smell it. so annoying and I was terrified it might kill the tank

BENNY: What did you expect?
?

KAT: it wasn't this bad in the other apartment

BENNY:This one is also much smaller, right?

KAT: it is. i don't have to think with a brain all the time

i am allowed to be brain dead

?

• Like 4
Dr.Brain Coral

Dang we had some wicked snow here too, lucky my car is AWD and has stupid amount of power because I went in a ditch. Luckily I was able to back out of it lol.

Kat I'm coming to NYC in January to see a friend, whats your favorite lfs to check out ?

• Like 1

Dang we had some wicked snow here too, lucky my car is AWD and has stupid amount of power because I went in a ditch. Luckily I was able to back out of it lol.

Kat I'm coming to NYC in January to see a friend, whats your favorite lfs to check out

Pfft. I'll take you

• Like 1

30496595190_d2d04a472a_n.jpg

30608454113_cf29d5dc19_n.jpg

31399451781_520d8f7319_n.jpg

31167250220_2d8b125260_n.jpg

31501198096_133c8dbdd2_n.jpg

31575569651_5f509590ca_n.jpg

31754190195_02940333f7_z.jpg

omgomgomg

I put my big girl pants on and started to tear apart the major structure today.

31607393562_e7b0e140f0_z.jpg

Here is everybody (so far) in the holding tank

30944483583_e89384db81_z.jpg

The slimer is friggin' ENORMOUS! I had no idea. I love staghorns for this reason, the growth structure is beautiful. My fav kind.

During the tearing apart, I was dismayed to discover that what I had originally thought to be 4-5 very large aiptasia had proliferated to many babies. I am afraid that the rocks on the left structure have been compromised. I am tossing them and bringing in fresh uncured rock from the ocean.

I also realized that when I take the fuge offline - the 10 or so batman limpets that I have will need a new home, they cannot be allowed in the display.

• Like 10

Things are looking good Kat. I can't imagine what your feeling right now. I know i have to do this i about 2 years when my wife gets out of school and we get a house, but im happy i have 2 small tanks and will combine them into 1 big tank hopefully around that time.

• Like 1