ReefCleaners.org

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Tank moves are generally hard. Yours was very good, so that's a win in itself. And there's nothing much in my thread tbh - everything is either dead or whatever that's left is on hold, sadly.

Best of luck getting everything sorted out, Kat. Your recent FTS pics were impressive.

Thanks Snow.

interesting article.. With deciding to change tanks midway through the move would you have changed how you were doing it or are you still happy with the step program you built for the move?

If I was simply upgrading tanks, I would not have needed the holding tank as the current tank would still be running (as it is now). This is a move to a different apartment along with a new tank. It would have been different if I had gotten the new tank and set it up like I did the holding tank (canister filter and all).

I enjoyed your AM ramblings, sounds like a good plan for the tank upgrade. You're already moving the corals twice, don't add a third transition :)

What kind of tank will it be? And how's Bogi doing now that he's had some time to get used to the new place?

:D

The tank reveal is going to happen soon, Maybe this weekend. It is Christmas after all.

Bogi is doing well! He is currently sitting on a hello kitty pink blanket on the floor catching the sunrays next to my desk.

I hope I am not speaking too soon but he has not thrown up much in the 3 weeks we have been here. Wow 3 weeks?! Time flew!

He is eating better, he still sleeps almost all the time but I am not going to try to change that for a 17 year old cat.

+1

Pete's Nemmy-poo is a BTA, right?

Nick

Hi Nick. Nemmy Poo :wub: is a Curleque Anemone. Bartholomea Annulata species.

• Like 3
RIP Sebastian

If I was simply upgrading tanks, I would not have needed the holding tank as the current tank would still be running (as it is now). This is a move to a different apartment along with a new tank. It would have been different if I had gotten the new tank and set it up like I did the holding tank (canister filter and all).

:D

The tank reveal is going to happen soon, Maybe this weekend. It is Christmas after all.

Bogi is doing well! He is currently sitting on a hello kitty pink blanket on the floor catching the sunrays next to my desk.

I hope I am not speaking too soon but he has not thrown up much in the 3 weeks we have been here. Wow 3 weeks?! Time flew!

He is eating better, he still sleeps almost all the time but I am not going to try to change that for a 17 year old cat.

Hi Nick. Nemmy Poo :wub: is a Curleque Anemone. Bartholomea Annulata species.

Ah. Ok. Thanks and Happy Holidays!

EDIT: You never answered my original question: Is the new tank the one you initially declined to test?

• Like 1

It looks like one of the Longspine Cardinalfish is missing :( , leaving the last one from the batch I got from POTO almost 3 years ago.

Other than that, the rocks with the aiptasia - oh my. I'm glad I got the opportunity to tear apart the rockwork or I never would have found the babies all over. This would have been a chronic problem very soon. I'm not sure I can control it even now, but at least I have seen the problem and I am doing something about it.

This is in the overflow - filter feeders and aiptasia. Scott Fellman (he laughs when I remind him of this) gave a presentation at the Manhattan reef swap - the first one I went to, in the winter of 2011 (my first year of reef keeping) and he made a public service announcement for Aiptasia. Don't kill them he said, they're great in the fuge he said. :)

30992768734_6f7820d5c0_b.jpg

30992772274_fa8a1a8e29_b.jpg

31717082961_222426c7e2_b.jpg

Is that the Oregon Tort? That thing is a beauty!

Thanks but no. It's Veng LE. (California Tort)

• Like 5

I follow you religiously but seldom post. I too wonder about my stainless steel refrigerator not accepting magnets. The other appliances I have are stainless steel but magnets stick to those. It's a mystery.

Been biting my nails following your tank transfer. You are so fortunate to be able to take your time with it. With your expertise, I'm sure all will go well and we all will see another amazing reef from you.

• Like 1

I follow you religiously but seldom post. I too wonder about my stainless steel refrigerator not accepting magnets. The other appliances I have are stainless steel but magnets stick to those. It's a mystery.

Been biting my nails following your tank transfer. You are so fortunate to be able to take your time with it. With your expertise, I'm sure all will go well and we all will see another amazing reef from you.

Thank you for your kind words. :blush:

You know I've always thought I am a coral girl, SPS in particular and don't get me wrong, a cute stick makes my heart flutter. :lol::huh:

But I was sitting and looking at my old tank today , and my fish are still all there and I realized how much I missed them. I'm not a fish girl but a reef just isn't the same without those colorful happy fins faffing about.

What's up with fake stainless appliances!

• Like 1

Ummm... your magnets won't stick to stainless steel because it's stainless steel. Stainless isn't magnetic. I believe it's the chromoly. Stainless is something like 13% chromoly.

• Like 2

Time to pat myself on the back. You can't trust me with power tools. Nope.

So I just installed a shelf in my super small mousetrap of a closet. egyptian.gif

Y'all might have done this in your sleep but I'm going ot make a big deal out of this okay. No haters. I had a left over shelf from something. And it fit the space it needed to go in. I bought some shelf brackets the other day. Attached the brackets to the shelf. Keep in mind, none of it came with any hardware so I'm using odds and ends from nail kits and such. The screws were a hair too long for the shelf so they are poking through and I gotta fix that. :blush:

But then I marked and measured and levelled where the shelf was going to go. So I start with small holes with the drill. I don't have a stud finder so I was prepared to put in those plastic thingees to hold the screw in the dry wall. Turns out the left side was a metal stud. Alright so I moved the left bracket over to another spot on the shelf and measured and marked and levelled another set of holes. Drilled, plastic thingees - screws. DONE! Whoa I gotz a shelf baby.

So proud of myself. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

IT may have taken me 3 drill bits to get the holes big enough. Better to start small than to make gaping holes where nothing would fit. But I'm conquering this apartment one drill bit at a time. :D

Is it tank reveal time maybe?

heheh. I was going to start a thread today - I just have to run out for some errands right now.

• Like 2
RIP Sebastian

IT may have taken me 3 drill bits to get the holes big enough. Better to start small than to make gaping holes where nothing would fit. But I'm conquering this apartment one drill bit at a time. :D

heheh. I was going to start a thread today - I just have to run out for some errands right now.

*sigh* I shall be waiting.....along with the rest of the world. fingerscrossed

• Like 1

I love the California tort. It's bigger then I though it was. Also the green one to the left and yellowish one on the right of it. I have never noticed the green or yellow one in your tank before. They are always overshadowed by the katropora and green slimer

• Like 2