Coral Vue Hydros

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

You know I'm in to help and I can supply you with the GOOD stuff, live Indo rock. ;) You're gonna set another up and the 93's coming down, it's in the middle of a full scale nuclear meltdown and I don't have a damn clue why.

• Like 2

Drop off? You're gonna need longer arms.

I shall invoke the friendship clause and borrow your arms if needed.

You know I'm in to help and I can supply you with the GOOD stuff, live Indo rock. ;) You're gonna set another up and the 93's coming down, it's in the middle of a full scale nuclear meltdown and I don't have a damn clue why.

Why is it melting?

• Like 2

Dunno WTF's going on Kat, but it wasn't good. The frags I cut look good, but I've made the decision to ditch this tank. M wants another 130D so we're gonna play musical tanks over the next few weeks/months.

Stopped by Manhattan Aquariums today and saw Justyna! Everything's so spiffy looking! :happydance:

I have yet to visit. Find anything interesting?

Dunno WTF's going on Kat, but it wasn't good. The frags I cut look good, but I've made the decision to ditch this tank. M wants another 130D so we're gonna play musical tanks over the next few weeks/months.

It's frustrating not to know the cause of problems so I feel for you. How is everything else?

• Like 1

Musical tanks is always a fun game.
  • Like 2

Not yet! Our IT department was in the area having lunch, so I brought an ex-aquarium-owner over to the shop. I mostly talked about ordering from Unique to pick it up in the store the next day :P They have colonies out, some frags, finishing up another frag tank, etc. Inverts are up, and the rest of the fish tanks are in progress. :happydance:

• Like 1

It's frustrating not to know the cause of problems so I feel for you. How is everything else?

The weird thing is, the hard corals are doing great. Nothing new added in the last 3 weeks, even so, I QT all wild caught stock for 3 weeks to let Mr. Stripey do his thing of eradicating any cooties in the run, he hasn't let me down yet.

Musical tanks is always a fun game.

We do it all the time.

The weird thing is, the hard corals are doing great. Nothing new added in the last 3 weeks, even so, I QT all wild caught stock for 3 weeks to let Mr. Stripey do his thing of eradicating any cooties in the run, he hasn't let me down yet.

We do it all the time.

Albert just posted a picture on FB. :( He is not doing well.

Yea, I saw it. Back when I first met Albert, we talked on the phone, you know, the ones attached to the wall with a cord. I even have this from him, close to 30 years old:

l9rz2kc.jpg

G6D6Q08.jpg

• Like 5

Early AM ramblings.

Of course the cat woke me up to feed his highness, but after that my thoughts started doing the NASCAR on me. I've been busy with work and doing my thing. Taking on new projects and enjoying what I do a lot. This is really the first time I am writing down my thoughts, early AM ramblings might become a thing.

So something possessed me a couple of days ago and I decided to upgrade tanks too. (Much more on that later) But first I'm trying to figure logistics out. Technically I will have the new tank before the current one is completely broken down. Which means the carpet that is under the current one (which I intended to move with the tank) is not available.

So do I completely break down the current tank as planned, as if the new tank is not in the picture and move the last colonies over to the holding tank and empty out the current tank, remove the carpet and set it up before the new tank is filled? Yeah I guess as I wrote this that made sense. Okay, I guess problem solved. Hehehe.

It is quite interesting that all my tank upgrades have happened around Christmas. Ha.

I thought today I would go over to the old apartment and tear apart the left structure to get the aiptasia rocks isolated from the rocks I intend to keep. And bring over some more sand to the holding tank. Maybe I will bring some of the tubs and buckets and set them up here so that I can have extra salt water on hand. Since it is old water it will need to be kept circulating so gotta find all my old pumps and power heads I guess. Lol.

Getting a fresh shipment of uncured rock from Gulf Live rock. I think after Christmas both the rock and the tank will ship. Have to move the power center over. Going with a new cabinet. Or maybe just move the electrical cabinet over as-is.

Going to keep the Batmans in a critter keeper for now. Anybody want any?

Since Pete is gone, the anemone needs to go too, anybody want an anemone?

My Handyman is available after New Years so in the interim, since I will start setting up the new tank, I'll do what I am doing over the holding tank, which is have the light sitting on the rim with 2X4s or whatever they are called. Because I'm married to this light, we are inseparable. Yup. Dave made me a solid one.

Oh sure! The cat wants his body pillow back. He likes lounging in the crook of my arm and will meow till I comply. Which usually means get away from the desk wench, I need to sleep NAO. :rolleyes:

• Like 5

Early AM ramblings.

Of course the cat woke me up to feed his highness, but after that my thoughts started doing the NASCAR on me. I've been busy with work and doing my thing. Taking on new projects and enjoying what I do a lot. This is really the first time I am writing down my thoughts, early AM ramblings might become a thing.

So something possessed me a couple of days ago and I decided to upgrade tanks too. (Much more on that later) But first I'm trying to figure logistics out. Technically I will have the new tank before the current one is completely broken down. Which means the carpet that is under the current one (which I intended to move with the tank) is not available.

So do I completely break down the current tank as planned, as if the new tank is not in the picture and move the last colonies over to the holding tank and empty out the current tank, remove the carpet and set it up before the new tank is filled? Yeah I guess as I wrote this that made sense. Okay, I guess problem solved. Hehehe.

It is quite interesting that all my tank upgrades have happened around Christmas. Ha.

I thought today I would go over to the old apartment and tear apart the left structure to get the aiptasia rocks isolated from the rocks I intend to keep. And bring over some more sand to the holding tank. Maybe I will bring some of the tubs and buckets and set them up here so that I can have extra salt water on hand. Since it is old water it will need to be kept circulating so gotta find all my old pumps and power heads I guess. Lol.

Getting a fresh shipment of uncured rock from Gulf Live rock. I think after Christmas both the rock and the tank will ship. Have to move the power center over. Going with a new cabinet. Or maybe just move the electrical cabinet over as-is.

Going to keep the Batmans in a critter keeper for now. Anybody want any?

Since Pete is gone, the anemone needs to go too, anybody want an anemone?

My Handyman is available after New Years so in the interim, since I will start setting up the new tank, I'll do what I am doing over the holding tank, which is have the light sitting on the rim with 2X4s or whatever they are called. Because I'm married to this light, we are inseparable. Yup. Dave made me a solid one.

Oh sure! The cat wants his body pillow back. He likes lounging in the crook of my arm and will meow till I comply. Which usually means get away from the desk wench, I need to sleep NAO. :rolleyes:

I like AM Rambles... they really help you work through some issues and get all your problems solved. Sounds like you have a good plan and hopefully things go smoothly.

Question about the move/new tank though how are you hoping to avoid a mini cycle when you switch things over?

• Like 1

Thanks Snow. I must confess to being overly cautious but still not entirely convinced that all will go well. I certainly hope it will. I'll catch up on your thread as soon as I unbury myself from my never ending to-do list.

• Like 1

Thanks Snow. I must confess to being overly cautious but still not entirely convinced that all will go well. I certainly hope it will. I'll catch up on your thread as soon as I unbury myself from my never ending to-do list.

Tank moves are generally hard. Yours was very good, so that's a win in itself. And there's nothing much in my thread tbh - everything is either dead or whatever that's left is on hold, sadly.

Best of luck getting everything sorted out, Kat. Your recent FTS pics were impressive.

• Like 1

interesting article.. With deciding to change tanks midway through the move would you have changed how you were doing it or are you still happy with the step program you built for the move?

• Like 1

I enjoyed your AM ramblings, sounds like a good plan for the tank upgrade. You're already moving the corals twice, don't add a third transition :)

What kind of tank will it be? And how's Bogi doing now that he's had some time to get used to the new place?

• Like 2
RIP Sebastian

I enjoyed your AM ramblings, sounds like a good plan for the tank upgrade. You're already moving the corals twice, don't add a third transition :)

What kind of tank will it be? And how's Bogi doing now that he's had some time to get used to the new place?

+1

Pete's Nemmy-poo is a BTA, right?

Nick

• Like 1