inTank Media Baskets

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

I love the California tort. It's bigger then I though it was. Also the green one to the left and yellowish one on the right of it. I have never noticed the green or yellow one in your tank before. They are always overshadowed by the katropora and green slimer

ORA Kelly Green Psammacora to the left and Tyree Pink Lemonade to the right. Everything has grown a ton and I may not have chronicled it during the last few months. I was pre occupied and stuff was going on.

• Like 2

ORA Kelly Green Psammacora to the left and Tyree Pink Lemonade to the right. Everything has grown a ton and I may not have chronicled it during the last few months. I was pre occupied and stuff was going on.

They look great Kat.... if you every have pieces of those three keep me in mind.. sooo pretty

• Like 1

The Katropora took a beating. My mum was helping me get the aiptasia rocks detached. I was whimpering the whole time, to her credit she didn't laugh at me. No really I was very traumatized to move the Kat and the left side. Then I tried to re-arrange the broken rocks so that the fish had somewhere to hide and sleep and the Springers Damselfish bit me. BASTARD BIT ME! And was going for me again and again, little shit.

Took the fuge offline. What is left in the tank is the sand, goniopora and my 2 rock nems. The coral move was still traumatizing me, the Kat took a beating, I have 3 mini colonies that broke off, you can see them in the tank on that pile of rocks in the middle. I almost cried, my mum, poor thing, was trying to help me. Then I tried to count the fish and I fell short of like 3 and she helped me count the fish.

Really this tank move business is very upsetting. I need a couple of drinks.

All the corals (except the remaining in the tank) are settled in the holding tank.

Tomorrow the tank arrives omgomgomg.

I am setting up a 10G temporarily for the fish. I was going to do it today but I didn't have 10G of water. When I brought the remaining SPS home it had to be in a bucket so I ran out of water right there. Took the fuge offline to use some of that water. Anyway so I think I will set up the temporary 10G where the current tank is, move the fish into it with a heater and circulation, already got a filter and will put my old floss in it.

So then move the water into brute drums. remove the sand - probably will gravel vac it before i scoop it up. Clean the tank so that it doesn't stink as it dries. I need the carpet from under the tank. I know NYFishies doesn't have a carpet under his tanks - do any of you who have wood floors?

Empty the tank, get the carpet them transport the water in 5G jugs (I have 5 jugs) over to the apartment. If all goes well I should have the new tank filled up by the weekend. My new sump shipped today and will arrive in 2 days.

Rocks shipped and will arrive in 3 days. I wasn't paying attention clearly because 3 days even in cold weather - it will have die off. So I've got to be careful how I handle it. The old system could handle it without a blip, and i might put the pieces in the holding tank. Just need to think it through.

Here is the Kat in the holding tank

31737616820_5487eb971e_h.jpg

• Like 3

So back to the Q - does anyone with wood floors have carpet under their tanks?

No carpet under my tank. Granted it's only 10 gallons. But also didn't have carpet under my 30gal either, which was on hardwood too.

• Like 1

Why do you have carpet under the tank?

I is messy. Very messy. Drips, spills, aiyayiyayi.

New tank arrived yet?

Just got off the phone with them actually, expecting it to arrive between 3-5pm. whoohooo

• Like 1

Just got off the phone with them actually, expecting it to arrive between 3-5pm. whoohooo

That's exiting can't wait see what you do with it.

Thanks. Will be a while before it shows the shape it's going to take, the aquascape being the most challenging.

RIP Sebastian

I is messy. Very messy. Drips, spills, aiyayiyayi.

I have great anticipation.

• Like 1
jedimaster1138

The Katropora took a beating. My mum was helping me get the aiptasia rocks detached. I was whimpering the whole time, to her credit she didn't laugh at me. No really I was very traumatized to move the Kat and the left side. Then I tried to re-arrange the broken rocks so that the fish had somewhere to hide and sleep and the Springers Damselfish bit me. BASTARD BIT ME! And was going for me again and again, little shit.

Took the fuge offline. What is left in the tank is the sand, goniopora and my 2 rock nems. The coral move was still traumatizing me, the Kat took a beating, I have 3 mini colonies that broke off, you can see them in the tank on that pile of rocks in the middle. I almost cried, my mum, poor thing, was trying to help me. Then I tried to count the fish and I fell short of like 3 and she helped me count the fish.

Really this tank move business is very upsetting. I need a couple of drinks.

All the corals (except the remaining in the tank) are settled in the holding tank.

Tomorrow the tank arrives omgomgomg.

I am setting up a 10G temporarily for the fish. I was going to do it today but I didn't have 10G of water. When I brought the remaining SPS home it had to be in a bucket so I ran out of water right there. Took the fuge offline to use some of that water. Anyway so I think I will set up the temporary 10G where the current tank is, move the fish into it with a heater and circulation, already got a filter and will put my old floss in it.

So then move the water into brute drums. remove the sand - probably will gravel vac it before i scoop it up. Clean the tank so that it doesn't stink as it dries. I need the carpet from under the tank. I know NYFishies doesn't have a carpet under his tanks - do any of you who have wood floors?

Empty the tank, get the carpet them transport the water in 5G jugs (I have 5 jugs) over to the apartment. If all goes well I should have the new tank filled up by the weekend. My new sump shipped today and will arrive in 2 days.

Rocks shipped and will arrive in 3 days. I wasn't paying attention clearly because 3 days even in cold weather - it will have die off. So I've got to be careful how I handle it. The old system could handle it without a blip, and i might put the pieces in the holding tank. Just need to think it through.

Here is the Kat in the holding tank

31737616820_5487eb971e_h.jpg

Yup, that setosa is way too big and not compatible with the new tank. It is known.

• Like 3