Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Dyson FTW. Love the V6. Use it daily as you know. :happydance:B)

http://www.dyson.com/vacuum-cleaners/robot/dyson-360-eye.aspx

Pleeeeeeease Santa!

That robot looks nice. Have the reviews been kind? I know a lot of the other robot vaccums aren't really a substitute for manual vaccuming. If this is, it's certainly something to consider. Especially as they start having refurbs become available at a discount.

• Like 2

That robot looks nice. Have the reviews been kind? I know a lot of the other robot vaccums aren't really a substitute for manual vaccuming. If this is, it's certainly something to consider. Especially as they start having refurbs become available at a discount.

This is actually the first I read about it. $1000 yikes...

Honestly I am insane and enjoy using my Dyson so I am not sure how I would feel about the robot unless it would get in EVERY nook and cranny like I do!

This is actually the first I read about it. $1000 yikes...

Honestly I am insane and enjoy using my Dyson so I am not sure how I would feel about the robot unless it would get in EVERY nook and cranny like I do!

With two kids and two dogs if this actually did get reasonably 95% of the coverage of the house it would be so well worth it to have it run every day.
  • Like 3

With two kids and two dogs if this actually did get reasonably 95% of the coverage of the house it would be so well worth it to have it run every day.

I live in a 550 sq ft apt so it is also relative to that. :happy:

I am sure your dogs (and maybe kids) would enjoy a nice ride on the Dyson robot though!

• Like 3

But.. where does all the dog hair go? :huh:

We have 3 dogs (one is a newfie) and a cat. Plus I have really long hair... HAIR EVERYWHERE in the house!! When I vacuum I pull a cantaloupe sized wad of hair out of the canister...

ahhhhhh omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg:haha::haha::haha:

I would have to vacuum like every few hours if we lived together!

• Like 1

But.. where does all the dog hair go? :huh:

We have 3 dogs (one is a newfie) and a cat. Plus I have really long hair... HAIR EVERYWHERE in the house!! When I vacuum I pull a cantaloupe sized wad of hair out of the canister...

it is awesome with dogs, set a schedule and never come home to dog hair on the hardwood again. It is no real replacement for true upright cleaning (think swiffer vs mopping). BUT, it does fill up FAST!!! when it does, it goes back to the home base and beeps until you empty the bin. (1 lab, 1 yorkie, 4+ years of robot vaccuming)

ps when is kat moving????

• Like 1

I live in a 550 sq ft apt so it is also relative to that. :happy:

I am sure your dogs (and maybe kids) would enjoy a nice ride on the Dyson robot though!

My master bathroom is bigger than your apartment bro, everything's bigger in the south.

ahhhhhh omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg:haha::haha::haha:

I would have to vacuum like every few hours if we lived together!

You'd have a stroke in my house, since I got sick, there are dog hair tumbleweeds roaming. One of those robots would undock, see the amount of hair, pack its dock up and head down the road yelling OH HELLS NOE!!

• Like 7

it is awesome with dogs, set a schedule and never come home to dog hair on the hardwood again. It is no real replacement for true upright cleaning (think swiffer vs mopping). BUT, it does fill up FAST!!! when it does, it goes back to the home base and beeps until you empty the bin. (1 lab, 1 yorkie, 4+ years of robot vaccuming)

ps when is kat moving????

Which robot do you have? There are many options I just am a Dyson nerd, but I would want the best even if it were not the Dyson.

She has been in the process of moving the past week or so. Little by little! :grouphug:

My master bathroom is bigger than your apartment bro, everything's bigger in the south.

You'd have a stroke in my house, since I got sick, there are dog hair tumbleweeds roaming. One of those robots would undock, see the amount of hair, pack its dock up and head down the road yelling OH HELLS NOE!!

Ah yes, I am from Pittsburgh and my parents house makes me miss the big space when I visit them!

717e82c652735200416212b36445f0d441c4dcd5

What's happening up in here.

15 Gallons percolating. 10 of which are new water gallons.

Spectrapure shipment arrived - all new filters and an add-on cartridge. 2 new filters which they launced at MACNA and is not yet available to order. I has it omgomgomg

Need to solve this mess tho

Prolly should cut off the excess tubing right?

So now I have 2 dual TDS meters. :rolleyes:

30383461174_3d463dd1d7_h.jpg

• Like 6

Curtains that don't cost an arm/leg and a kidney: King flat sheets or twin XL.

I'd pass on Dyson (I went down a reddit rabbit hole months ago and love my canister with a bag). With 2 pups, a bag was required so I could have more suction power. Hehehehe!

Toaster oven - don't know your budget but this has rave reviews: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GMDX1WI/?tag=thesweethome-20&linkCode=xm2&ascsubtag=SH112

Rice cooker - also has rave reviews: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OFB9SYY/?tag=thesweethome-20&linkCode=xm2&ascsubtag=SH46040

Thanks little mama. We have that toaster in this apartment. Might get the same one, not sure.

The rice cooker I'm looking at is a simple 3 cup. They all make good rice.

Curtains have to be curtains. Grommets, silky feel, et al. :D

:P

:slap: Not yet. Still have 2 weeks to go for it to be a month.

She has been in the process of moving the past week or so. Little by little! :grouphug:

I need to come back and snooze on your recliner, with the plush blanket and the teddy bear.

Good grief! :)

Don't just stand there staring - help me. lol.

• Like 1

<3

Also, someone's going to have to walk me through installing that auto-shut-off thing. I bought one, and it's sitting in my basement gathering dust. I really need to get some water storage going, and I don't have space for a 32g brute anymore like I did in college :(

How does it work?! Where does the water go?!

• Like 1

<3

Also, someone's going to have to walk me through installing that auto-shut-off thing. I bought one, and it's sitting in my basement gathering dust. I really need to get some water storage going, and I don't have space for a 32g brute anymore like I did in college :(

I had the diagram from BRS taped to the wall. I stared at it for 2 days and then I did it wrong I think. It's the right way now, not sure how it got that way to be honest.

Also. I wasn't planning on getting a TV but since it's Thanksgiving, might be fun to get trampled at walmart.

• Like 3

I had the diagram from BRS taped to the wall. I stared at it for 2 days and then I did it wrong I think. It's the right way now, not sure how it got that way to be honest.

Also. I wasn't planning on getting a TV but since it's Thanksgiving, might be fun to get trampled at walmart.

Please don't get trampled! You're too tiny!

But on a serious note: Does it just push back against the water? Does the RO/DI's input stay open? How does it know?

I should've paid more attention in my fluid physics unit :wacko:

What filters you get? I picked up their latest and greatest DI filters at MACNA last day for a great deal. Thing works amazing. I'm not seeing any TDS creep which kinda worries me.

• Like 1

I think I want to pick up some .5 micron sediment and carbon filters, along with a new membrane, before the end of the year.

Maybe I should just wait and get a spectra pure refurb model..

• Like 2

I think I want to pick up some .5 micron sediment and carbon filters, along with a new membrane, before the end of the year.

Maybe I should just wait and get a spectra pure refurb model..

That's what I have, with the dual TDS meter, and I really like it. I added a second RO membrane to up the output to ~180 gallons a day (less in the winter when the water is cold). Just keep in mind the dual TDS is not temperature correcting so it will read low, especially when the water is very cold. Use it as a guide, use a handheld as the final check weekly.

• Like 3

I'd come run cover for you at MaoMart, but I can only be on my feet for a few minutes at a time. Those blue acros are being held on the west coast when they arrive. I'll move my stuff next weekend, screw this traffic and M doesn't do well driving at night.

• Like 1

What filters you get? I picked up their latest and greatest DI filters at MACNA last day for a great deal. Thing works amazing. I'm not seeing any TDS creep which kinda worries me.

Enduro and Mega Max Cap.

I'd come run cover for you at MaoMart, but I can only be on my feet for a few minutes at a time. Those blue acros are being held on the west coast when they arrive. I'll move my stuff next weekend, screw this traffic and M doesn't do well driving at night.

I'm hoping you feel better soon Stinky.

<3

in a nutshell it stops your RO system from just running all the time. Without one it will continue to make water and your waste line will run non stop.

The way it works is with a diaphragm once you turn off the flow either through a float switch or valve. Pressure builds on the low pressure side of the diaphragm closing it preventing any more water to flow through the high pressure side.

You do need a check valve that is rated for your gpd membrane. They are fairly simple to hook up. I do recommend replacing the check valve every time you replace the membrane. It is also a good idea to check your waste line from time to time. If it's running nonstop the shut off valve has failed.

This is a fairly simple diagram of how to hook it up. The high pressure side is usually the one that has in an out labeled or the bigger side of the valve.

170F8875-6CC6-44C6-8C07-4A5DF67D447D_zps

• Like 5