Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

jedimasterben

How can you get UV to .2%? Maybe there's some things about this phone app I don't get yet. :)

If you lose internet do the LEDs go off, maintain, or what?

Scratch that question.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/351434-what-happends-if-the-router-dies-or-connection-fails/

For night settings, less than 1% dimming is enabled, for all other points it is only 1% at a time.

The controller has to have an internet connection to change settings or download settings if it is being turned on, it stores nothing locally. If it loses power, it will need internet to get settings back, and will download them once it has a connection.

For night settings, less than 1% dimming is enabled, for all other points it is only 1% at a time.

The controller has to have an internet connection to change settings or download settings if it is being turned on, it stores nothing locally. If it loses power, it will need internet to get settings back, and will download them once it has a connection.

So let's imagine worst case scenario, Bluefish goes out of business and there is no cloud to get the settings. What is the backup plan? Don't see this as a knock against the controller, for the price it's excellent and I rarely lose power or internet for more than a few minutes at a time. As long as the LED's stay off or continue to run a regular program my corals will be fine. I'd just like a backup plan, like to hack into the controller and set it to use my servers for settings, for example. :) Not a huge fan of settings being stored outside the house. /oldman

How can you get UV to .2%? Maybe there's some things about this phone app I don't get yet. :)

Scratch that question.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/351434-what-happends-if-the-router-dies-or-connection-fails/

The LEDs do not go off if you lose internet.

So many pages to catch up on. Goodness gracious!

June TOTM.

That is all. :)

On another note - Harry is looking great. Loved that video you uploaded of boys night out in the man cave. <3

• Like 1
jedimasterben

So let's imagine worst case scenario, Bluefish goes out of business and there is no cloud to get the settings. What is the backup plan? Don't see this as a knock against the controller, for the price it's excellent and I rarely lose power or internet for more than a few minutes at a time. As long as the LED's stay off or continue to run a regular program my corals will be fine. I'd just like a backup plan, like to hack into the controller and set it to use my servers for settings, for example. :) Not a huge fan of settings being stored outside the house. /oldman

There is nothing else, since it has no non-volatile memory onboard to save any settings. If spencer were to shut the doors tomorrow, then unfortunately the Bluefish connections would go with him.

• Like 1

There is nothing else, since it has no non-volatile memory onboard to save any settings. If spencer were to shut the doors tomorrow, then unfortunately the Bluefish connections would go with him.

Doesn't have to be that way, it can be directed to talk to another location. Seems like it would be a benefit to Spencer since no bandwidth would be used, but certainly not for everyone. The internet of things is the future and all.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

We should invest in Blue fish. That is all.

By buying the controller, you did ;)

Doesn't have to be that way, it can be directed to talk to another location. Seems like it would be a benefit to Spencer since no bandwidth would be used, but certainly not for everyone. The internet of things is the future and all.

Well, technically​ the controllers aren't talking to Bluefish servers, they're talking to Electric Imp's servers, but the same goes for EI as Bluefish. I honestly don't know if the EI system even supports NV memory.

• Like 1

Scratch that question.

Like Ben said, night mode will allow for under 1%. If the internet looses connection it will continue to run. Now if the power goes out and the net goes out. It will not turn back on until the net is back up.

As far as servers and Bluefish going under. I do not see it in the for seeable future. I am looking at options as well that would fall in the "oh crap" if that would happen! :D

Bluefish runs from Electric Imp, who is not going anywhere.

• Like 3

Like Ben said, night mode will allow for under 1%. If the internet looses connection it will continue to run. Now if the power goes out and the net goes out. It will not turn back on until the net is back up.

As far as servers and Bluefish going under. I do not see it in the for seeable future. I am looking at options as well that would fall in the "oh crap" if that would happen! :D

Thanks Dave, I've been reading about it. I'm not too worried as long as the LED's shut down and stay off if both power and internet is lost. Rarely happens and the tank can do just fine with only T5's, though it won't look nearly as good.

• Like 1

By buying the controller, you did ;)

Well, technically​ the controllers aren't talking to Bluefish servers, they're talking to Electric Imp's servers, but the same goes for EI as Bluefish. I honestly don't know if the EI system even supports NV memory.

You coulda said that shit in Chinese and I'd have gotten the same thing out of it, lol.

If it does go somewhere, I'll hunt it down and HEADS VILL ROLL!!!! :D

• Like 2

So Kat, did you know you can buy a camera and decent macro lenses for your very own, so we don't have to wait years for pics like these. Every time I click on a picture in your thread and it actually blows up in size I cry a little.

I know, you're a small business owner and probably extremely responsible with your money, but face it, you have a reef tank, you've spent an insane amount of cash on corals. useless if you can't post real pictures like you have been on a regular basis.

/end sales pitch

• Like 7

The LEDs do not go off if you lose internet.

June TOTM.

That is all. :)

On another note - Harry is looking great. Loved that video you uploaded of boys night out in the man cave. <3

Silly I know you got totm again - i commented forever ago on it! I dont know what has happened since then ;)

Clownfish eggs update, please? :wub:

Hey there. It is a small clutch, this being mama's second time only. The clutches get progressively bigger as they get more practice :lol:

The eggs are black now, I expect to see silver eyes by tomorrow. :)

• Like 5