Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Join the club Kat. Our alk is high, mag and calcium are low too. I'd switch to Red Sea if they sold in bulk larger than 1kg because that's about 2 weeks for us, lol.

• Like 1

28570080273_e407c49cec_k.jpg

A Katropora field. :D

So awesome. So has Veng realized you are never giving the lens back? Here's the thing, you buy it used, he buys a new one. Problem solved.

• Like 3

Amazing..

And what is the deal with us and Diatoms?? Have you added any rock or sand lately?

I changed out my silica resin today. I think mine may have been exhausted. But yes I also added new things. Hexidisks for the clam pedestal I made, and some new branches that Stinky gave me.

So awesome. So has Veng realized you are never giving the lens back? Here's the thing, you buy it used, he buys a new one. Problem solved.

:lol: I promised him I would return it.

• Like 1

Is your water pretty dirty out of the facet? Our is pre-filtered so TDS is quite low. Not sure if we have any silica running through the pipes in a newer building too.

Is your water pretty dirty out of the facet? Our is pre-filtered so TDS is quite low. Not sure if we have any silica running through the pipes in a newer building too.

It showed 2-3 TDS out of the tap today.

:wub:

You know there is still time to book tickets for MACNA......

Oh, how I wish I could attend. :closedeyes:

The next three weekends are ridiculously busy tho. Imma be all over the state spending waaay too much monies. I'll just have to continue to live vicariously. :wub:

• Like 2

Really?! :o you must go through membranes like mad?

350 TDS here, dual RO (to increase GPH) reduces to 3, DI to 0 and lasts about a year. 3 TDS out of the tap? That is crazy low.

• Like 1

350 TDS here, dual RO (to increase GPH) reduces to 3, DI to 0 and lasts about a year. 3 TDS out of the tap? That is crazy low.

Alright y'all made me go look. I lied. :blush:

It's 2-3 TDS out of the membrane. That can't be good. 0 out of the last canister.

• Like 3

Alright y'all made me go look. I lied. :blush:

It's 2-3 TDS out of the membrane. That can't be good. 0 out of the last canister.

I think that's typical and perfectly acceptable. Your DI, the final filter, only had to work on the last 2 or 3 TDS.

• Like 1

3TDS out of the RO is great. As for the lens, I am going to need it back eventually, I think I've decided I don't want to upgrade to an 180L. However, I also have decided I don't need it back till 9/19. However I will need it back as I want to take it on a trip then. But I can help you buy your own before then, cause let's face it you're going to miss it after you ship it back....

• Like 2
mystersyster

Katropora recovery

July 10

28044550460_03f869f071_h.jpg

Today

28411534793_a664967b87_k.jpg

I went to a frag swap a few days again near Seattle. A guy there had a few pieces that looked like the famous katropora. I bought a big piece of staghorn from him instead, but I would love to get a little piece of this someday :D

• Like 2

I went to a frag swap a few days again near Seattle. A guy there had a few pieces that looked like the famous katropora. I bought a big piece of staghorn from him instead, but I would love to get a little piece of this someday :D

:) I've seen a couple of similar corals too, it is mostly that the colors are similar. AFAIK it differs in species.

Side note to those fighting diatoms. Benny and I have added silica in our tanks to get diatoms in recent history. I've used 2 different products to get a bloom, he's done his usual mad scientist experiments. The right kind of snails love to eat it. Benny says diatoms are good for export. They use up available silica.

• Like 1

The clowns have already laid a second clutch. Seems way too soon, I thought they took about 11 days to hatch and laid eggs every 14 days. Hmm, well then I guess it is about right. :)

This new clutch is bigger, but the eggs are smaller.

• Like 1